- Convicted ex-Va. lawmaker says he remains upbeat Updated: Mar-09-14 3:29 pm
- General Assembly adjourns without Va. budget Updated: Mar-09-14 8:53 am
- Bills of note that passed in 2014 Va. session Updated: Mar-08-14 2:59 pm
- McAuliffe to call special session on budget Updated: Mar-07-14 7:31 pm
- APNewsBreak: Delaware lacks lethal injection drugs Updated: Mar-05-14 2:32 pm
- Va. lawmakers present resolution to Byrd family Updated: Mar-04-14 3:16 pm
- Virginia has history of opposition to public aid Updated: Mar-03-14 1:13 pm
- Va bill could impact Dominion Power rates Updated: Feb-28-14 9:25 am
- GOP leaders call for Va treasurer's resignation Updated: Feb-27-14 1:31 pm
- Federal investigator absolves Maurice Jones Updated: Feb-26-14 8:20 pm
- Woman charged with assaulting Va. lawmaker's wife Updated: Feb-26-14 3:02 am
- House to vote on Senate Medicaid plan Updated: Feb-19-14 5:26 pm
- Senate approves Sunday hunting bill Updated: Feb-18-14 2:25 pm
- At least 16 Virginia lawmakers are millionaires Updated: Feb-17-14 5:07 pm
- Va. House, Senate unveil competing budgets Updated: Feb-16-14 6:28 pm
- Virginia Senate votes to repeal ultrasound law Updated: Feb-11-14 5:23 pm
- Va. Senate approves minimum wage increase Updated: Feb-11-14 4:40 pm
- Virginia Senate passes ethics bill limiting gifts Updated: Feb-10-14 8:50 pm
- Va. Senate approves mental health bill Updated: Feb-10-14 1:38 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A former Virginia legislator convicted of bribery and extortion says he doesn't believe he deserves to be in prison, but he remains upbeat.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia lawmakers left Richmond Saturday without accomplishing their most important task: passing a roughly $96 billion budget for the next two years.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Mental health, ethics reform, electric rates and Sunday hunting are some of the top bills emerging from the General Assembly.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe said Friday he plans to call lawmakers back to the Capitol on March 24 to pass the state's budget.
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware has 17 condemned prisoners facing the death penalty, but no means of executing any of them.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia General Assembly on Tuesday presented a resolution honoring the life of the late U.S. Sen. Harry F. Byrd Jr. to members of his family, but most of the state's black lawmakers declined to participate.
RICHMOND, Virginia - In pushing for a large scale expansion of Medicaid eligibility, Democratic Gov. Terry McAuliffe isn't just up against House Republicans who are leery of supporting a key aspect of President Obama's signature health care law. He's also trying to upend the commonwealth's long tradition of resistance to public aid.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia lawmakers have sent a bill to Gov. Terry McAuliffe's desk that may impact rates for Dominion Virginia power customers.
RICHMOND, Virginia - House Republicans leaders want the state Republican Party's treasurer to resign over an offensive comment he made during a Facebook chat about a female lawmaker.
RICHMOND, Virginia - A federal investigator said Wednesday that he believes Maurice Jones, who is serving as Virginia Secretary of Commerce and Trade, did not knowingly break any federal laws when he helped run a federal housing agency and was ill-served by his staff.
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Virginia - A Charlottesville woman has been charged with assaulting the wife of Virginia House Minority Leader David J. Toscano.
RICHMOND, Virginia - To try to show that opposition to expanding Medicaid isn't confined to a handful of powerful Republican delegates, GOP leaders of the Virginia House announced Wednesday that they are planning a full floor vote on a Senate proposal.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Sundays will no longer be considered a day of rest for Virginia hunters or the wild birds and animals they pursue.
RICHMOND, Virginia - At least 16 Virginia state lawmakers have investments worth more than $1 million, according to a new analysis by a nonprofit that tracks money in politics.
RICHMOND, Virginia - The Virginia House and Senate unveiled budget proposals Sunday with competing views on whether to accept federal funds to provide health insurance to low-income Virginians.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia Senate Democrats, enjoying a new majority in the upper chamber, voted Tuesday to repeal a law mandating that women seeking abortions undergo ultrasounds.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Democrats in the Virginia Senate want to increase the minimum wage by 2 dollars an hour.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Lawmakers approved new gift limits and disclosure policies for public officials Monday in what they said is an effort to restore public confidence following a gift scandal that resulted in federal corruption charges being filed against former Gov. Bob McDonnell.
RICHMOND, Virginia - Authorities could detain a mentally ill individual for up to 24 hours in emergency custody under a bill approved by the Virginia Senate.