- Egypt clamps hold over mosques to control message Updated: Apr-16-14 2:32 am
- Video shows suicide bomber who killed 16 in Egypt Updated: Apr-10-14 7:16 pm
- UK's Cameron orders probe of Muslim Brotherhood Updated: Apr-01-14 1:25 pm
- Egypt's mass verdicts show pressure on judiciary Updated: Mar-25-14 6:27 pm
- Egypt's stock market reaches new, 5-year high Updated: Mar-20-14 11:28 am
CAIRO - In his weekly sermon, Muslim cleric Ali Abdel-Moati preached to his congregation in a southern Egyptian city about the evils of making hasty judgments. That prompted a complaint to authorities from a judge, who accused him of criticizing a recent mass death sentence issued against supporters of ousted Islamist President Mohammed Morsi.
CAIRO - An al-Qaida inspired group in Egypt posted a video online Thursday showing a suicide bomber attacking a security headquarters in the Nile Delta city of Mansoura, an assault that killed 16 people in December.
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron has ordered the country's intelligence agencies to investigate the Muslim Brotherhood, amid reports the group is using London as a base to plan militant activities after a crackdown in Egypt.
CAIRO - Egypt's judiciary is rife with judges who are sharp opponents of Islamists, and they are operating amid a media frenzy demanding swift and harsh verdicts against the Muslim Brotherhood.
CAIRO - Egypt's stock market reached a new, 5-year high Thursday, pushing to levels unseen since the 2008 global economic crisis despite ongoing political turmoil and unrest in the country.