- Higher marriage fees, prison reforms among new Nebraska laws Updated: Aug-30-15 10:38 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A host of new laws took effect Sunday in Nebraska, leading to changes ranging from costlier marriage licenses to expanded opportunities for nonviolent prisoners to be released for parole and probation.
- Nebraska senators begin review of school aid, property taxes Updated: Aug-27-15 8:13 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers kicked off a review Thursday of school funding and its impact on local property taxes, an issue that has divided the Legislature in years past.
- Fate of Nebraska's death penalty likely to rest with voters Updated: Aug-26-15 7:28 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's death penalty won a last-minute reprieve on Wednesday when a group fighting to keep the punishment announced that it has collected more than enough signatures to stop its repeal and place the issue before voters in 2016.
- Lincoln attorney Hilgers to run for open legislative seat Updated: Aug-25-15 1:28 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Lincoln attorney who ran for the Nebraska Legislature in 2012 and the attorney general's office in 2014 is trying again.
- Ricketts names Omaha dietitian to open legislative seat Updated: Aug-18-15 2:23 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An Omaha dietitian who teaches at the University of Nebraska Medical Center will fill an open seat in the Legislature, Gov. Pete Ricketts announced Tuesday.
- Former Fremont teacher to run for Nebraska Legislature Updated: Aug-06-15 6:43 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Fremont real estate agent and former teacher has announced a bid for the Nebraska Legislature.