- Nebraska lawmakers to study tax issues over break Updated: Apr-19-14 10:10 am
- Nebraska joins wildfire compact with nearby states Updated: Apr-18-14 2:22 pm
- Nebraska lawmakers adjourn from 2014 session Updated: Apr-17-14 9:01 pm
- Neb. looks to join states in fighting wildfires Updated: Apr-13-14 11:19 am
- Nebraska schools could see intervention teams Updated: Apr-12-14 10:59 am
- Nebraska lawmakers confirm corrections director Updated: Apr-10-14 6:05 pm
- Nebraska elderly care bill approved over veto Updated: Apr-10-14 5:43 pm
- Neb. Legislature passes water sustainability bill Updated: Apr-10-14 12:22 pm
- Nebraska lawmakers pass prison reform changes Updated: Apr-10-14 12:11 pm
- Nebraska Republicans take swipes at president Updated: Apr-10-14 12:09 pm
- Paramedic assault bill headed to final Neb. vote Updated: Apr-09-14 10:16 pm
- Heineman signs Nebraska school accountability bill Updated: Apr-09-14 6:55 pm
- Nebraska senator proposes 'mountain lion' plates Updated: Apr-09-14 5:10 pm
- Nebraska emergency powers' gun bill advances Updated: Apr-09-14 2:29 pm
- Nebraska bill to require autism coverage advances Updated: Apr-09-14 1:42 pm
- Neb. water sustainability bill sent to final vote Updated: Apr-08-14 8:55 pm
- Nebraska lawmakers hold 'working families' rally Updated: Apr-08-14 8:20 pm
- Nebraska roads bonding bill advanced to final vote Updated: Apr-08-14 7:10 pm
- Tempers flare in Nebraska session's final days Updated: Apr-08-14 5:26 pm
- Neb. Senate hopeful reveals family's health scare Updated: Apr-08-14 5:25 pm
- Nebraska lawmakers amend ex-cons job-finding plan Updated: Apr-08-14 4:59 pm
- Neb. job-discrimination bill stalls in Legislature Updated: Apr-07-14 7:55 pm
- Neb. mountain lion hunting bill surfaces again Updated: Apr-07-14 6:18 pm
- Nebraska voters to decide on historic horse racing Updated: Apr-07-14 6:05 pm
- Lawmakers seek wind energy development in Nebraska Updated: Apr-05-14 5:05 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers approved more than $400 million in tax cuts this session, but they're ready to look for more changes in the state's tax structure in the months before next year's Legislature convenes.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Dave Heineman has signed a bill that will have Nebraska join forces with Colorado, Wyoming and the Dakotas in fighting wildfires.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers finished their session on Thursday having passed major legislation to lower taxes, reduce prison crowding and pay for water conservation projects.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska is on the cusp of joining forces with Colorado, Wyoming and the Dakotas to help fight rural wildfires.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Underperforming schools could soon be aided by a state intervention team, under a bill signed into law last week.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers have confirmed Michael Kenney as director of the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska will apply for a federal grant to spend millions more to care for the elderly in their homes, lawmakers decided Thursday as they voted to override Gov. Dave Heineman's veto.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers have passed a bill designed to help the state prepare for floods, water shortages and water quality problems.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A measure to address prison overcrowding in Nebraska has been passed by the Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The four Nebraska Republicans vying for one of the state's U.S. Senate seats spent much of their final debate criticizing President Barack Obama rather than critiquing one another.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Assaulting a firefighter, paramedic, or social worker could carry a stiffer penalty under a bill headed to a final vote in the Nebraska Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska will send state intervention teams into poorly performing schools, under a bill signed into law.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska is one step closer to honoring veterans on license plates, and some lawmakers looked seriously Wednesday at giving mountain lions the same recognition.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Legislature is set to take a final vote on a measure that would prevent governors from restricting gun sales in a state emergency.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A measure requiring insurance companies to offer coverage for autism therapy moved forward Wednesday in the Nebraska Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill designed to prepare Nebraska for floods, water shortages and water quality problems was sent Tuesday to a final vote in the Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers say they were able to make progress for working families this session, despite some setbacks.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill that would allow bond financing for Nebraska road projects is headed to a final vote, despite objections from lawmakers who prefer the current pay-as-you-go system.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Tempers are flaring and patience is running thin in the final days of Nebraska's legislative session, as senators try to shoehorn their proposals into bills that are up for a last-minute vote in the session's final days.
OMAHA, Nebraska - Republican U.S. Senate candidate Ben Sasse, whose main platform is the repeal of President Barack Obama's health care law, released a three-minute online video Tuesday detailing his own family's health scare and the exasperation of fighting with insurance companies to pay the medical bills.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Legislature is set to take a final vote on a measure aimed at helping ex-convicts find jobs, after lawmakers voted Tuesday to allow schools - but not prospective employers - to ask about certain aspects of an applicant's criminal history.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill that would bar Nebraska employers from discriminating based on sexual orientation and gender identity stalled Monday in the Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska Sen. Ernie Chambers isn't done yet with his fight to outlaw mountain lion hunting.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska voters will decide if the state should allow betting on previously recorded horse races, after the Legislature decided to put the issue on the ballot.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An effort to encourage more wind energy development in Nebraska hit a roadblock this legislative session, but some Nebraska lawmakers are determined to capitalize on the state's wind potential.