- Lawmakers: Eliminate Nebraska long-term care savings program Updated: Nov-20-15 12:19 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A legislative committee is recommending the elimination of a state program that was supposed to encourage Nebraska residents to save for their long-term care needs.
- Nebraska Legislature considers study of benefit restrictions Updated: Nov-13-15 5:22 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Legislature is looking into how state-funded benefit programs may be changed to allow recipients to advance in their jobs.
- Retired railroad worker to run for Nebraska Legislature Updated: Nov-06-15 10:25 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A retired railroad worker has announced a bid for an open seat in the Nebraska Legislature, representing parts of Lincoln and rural Lancaster County.
- Nebraska corrections leader criticized over execution drugs Updated: Nov-05-15 10:47 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's corrections director faced blistering criticism Thursday for spending more than $54,000 on foreign-made lethal injection drugs the state hasn't received because the federal government says their import is illegal.
- Nebraska lawmakers could face 'extremely lean' 2016 session Updated: Oct-30-15 7:58 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska state government could face a financial squeeze in next year's legislative session, forcing lawmakers and Gov. Pete Ricketts to trim from the budget or find money elsewhere.