- Nebraska budget debate focused on taxes, fountains Updated: Mar-10-14 9:43 pm
- Neb. senator sings to colleagues during debate Updated: Mar-10-14 6:24 pm
- Proposed e-cigs ban for Neb. minors sparks debate Updated: Mar-10-14 1:54 pm
- Neb. lawmakers to act on some income tax measures Updated: Mar-09-14 10:50 am
- Neb. bill could help parents using child care aid Updated: Mar-08-14 9:32 am
- Neb. lawmakers to investigate Nikko Jenkins case Updated: Mar-07-14 5:17 pm
- Bill to lower taxes on Nebraska farmland stalls Updated: Mar-06-14 7:37 pm
- 29 Neb. senators lend support to Keystone XL Updated: Mar-06-14 4:59 pm
- Neb. lawmakers vote to expand homestead exemption Updated: Mar-06-14 12:40 pm
- Nebraska proposal to expand horse racing advances Updated: Mar-05-14 8:27 pm
- Services relocation bill clears Neb. committee Updated: Mar-04-14 7:23 pm
- Bill to pay for Neb. state park upgrades advances Updated: Mar-04-14 5:54 pm
- Nebraska indoor tanning bed bill advances Updated: Mar-04-14 5:40 pm
- Heineman: Plenty of money available for tax cuts Updated: Mar-03-14 5:13 pm
- Heineman opposes prison marriage at public expense Updated: Mar-03-14 12:08 pm
- Neb. bill would provide guardian for those in need Updated: Mar-01-14 10:29 am
- Bill to allow guns in schools draws concerns Updated: Feb-28-14 7:25 pm
- Board predicts additional $99M in Neb. revenue Updated: Feb-28-14 6:20 pm
- Panel advances Nebraska property tax credit bill Updated: Feb-28-14 4:25 pm
- Neb. panel advances $31.5M for water, resources Updated: Feb-28-14 1:22 pm
- Nebraska abortion clinic sign bill sparks debate Updated: Feb-27-14 9:08 pm
- Neb. casino gambling proposal to stay in committee Updated: Feb-27-14 2:31 pm
- Lawmakers advance bill to buy new Neb. airplane Updated: Feb-27-14 11:45 am
- Nebraska home care bill for elderly advanced Updated: Feb-26-14 5:02 pm
- Neb. bill would try to increase elderly at home Updated: Feb-25-14 7:05 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers kicked off a budget debate on Monday focused on property taxes and a proposal to spend $2.5 million on cast-bronze fountains at the Capitol.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - For Omaha Sen. Ernie Chambers, a bill about abandoned cemeteries was a perfect time to serenade the Nebraska Legislature in song.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposal to ban minors from using e-cigarettes has sparked a debate in the Nebraska Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers are poised to act this session on income tax cuts aimed at Social Security recipients and veterans who agree to launch a new career or business in Nebraska after they retire.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska parents could soon have the ability to take a pay raise and keep their child care subsidy.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A legislative committee will investigate how the state handled the case of Nikko Jenkins, who is accused of killing four people in the Omaha area after he was released from prison.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposal to lower the taxable value of Nebraska ranch and farmland stalled Thursday in a legislative committee amid concerns it would erode the property tax base used by rural K-12 public schools.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A majority of Nebraska's state lawmakers have signed a letter in support of the Keystone XL oil pipeline.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposed expansion of Nebraska's homestead exemption program has won first-round approval from lawmakers.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska racetracks are one step closer to allowing bets on previously run horse races, after a vote in the Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A bill inspired by the decision to relocate a Nebraska state veterans home has advanced out of a legislative committee, but the new measure would only apply to future projects.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska's state parks and recreational areas could see a new infusion of state cash for maintenance projects and upgrades.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Teenagers younger than 16 may soon be restricted from using indoor tanning beds in Nebraska under legislation making its way through the state Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Dave Heineman says Nebraska has plenty of money available for tax cuts, but it's up to lawmakers to pass them.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gov. Dave Heineman says he's opposed to any use of public money to transport Nebraska prisoners to marriage ceremonies with other inmates.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Some of the state's most vulnerable people who can't make decisions on their own could soon be supported by a state guardian.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Gun rights advocates are arguing that a proposal to let teachers to carry guns in schools would keep classrooms safe, while education groups say it would increase the danger.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska could see an additional $99 million for its current budget, setting the stage for more debate over taxes and spending.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposal to increase funding for Nebraska's property tax credit program has advanced out of a legislative committee.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Water research and conservation projects would receive $31.5 million in state aid under a measure advanced by a Nebraska legislative committee.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Abortion foes and supporters on Thursday disputed the real purpose of a bill that would require clinics to post conspicuous signs that say women can't be pressured into the procedure.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposed ballot measure to allow casino gambling in Nebraska isn't going anywhere this year.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A proposal to buy a new airplane for Nebraska's governor and other state officials has won first-round approval in the Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers advanced a bill Wednesday that would use state and federal money to improve programs designed to help keep elderly people living in their homes instead of in care centers.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers considered a bill Tuesday that calls for using state and federal money to improve programs designed to help elderly people keep living in their homes rather than move to care centers.