- Gaps in mental, intellectual services investigated Updated: Dec-09-13 8:55 pm
- Bill would let Neb. lawmakers step in on vets home Updated: Dec-08-13 1:20 pm
- Appointee to Nebraska Legislature withdraws name Updated: Dec-06-13 4:35 pm
- Nebraska lawmakers discuss school security funding Updated: Dec-05-13 1:47 pm
- Lawmaker: ALEC peddling bills in Neb. Legislature Updated: Dec-04-13 6:21 pm
- Spooner files to run for Nebraska Legislature Updated: Dec-02-13 2:10 pm
- Neb. lawmaker launches Medicaid expansion petition Updated: Dec-02-13 11:58 am
- 5 apply for open seat in Nebraska Legislature Updated: Nov-22-13 6:58 pm
- Neb. Sen. Dubas to introduce property tax proposal Updated: Nov-20-13 4:50 pm
- McCollister announces run for Nebraska Legislature Updated: Nov-18-13 4:46 pm
- Nebraska state lawmaker targets cougar hunting Updated: Nov-16-13 4:58 pm
- Former hospital exec. to run for Neb. Legislature Updated: Nov-14-13 9:23 am
- Tax proposals taking shape in Neb. Legislature Updated: Nov-13-13 11:01 am
- Neb. counties reaping thousands from inmate calls Updated: Nov-12-13 6:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska residents who suffer from a combination of intellectual, behavioral and mental health problems aren't always receiving state services that could help them, lawmakers were told at a hearing Monday.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lawmakers would step into an ongoing dispute over the new Central Nebraska Veterans Home, if one state senator has his way.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An appointee to the Nebraska Legislature has withdrawn his name, saying his father in Oklahoma just suffered a heart attack and he needs to care for his mother.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A legislative committee is considering ways that districts could pay for more and better security at public schools in Nebraska.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A state lawmaker who quit the American Legislative Exchange Council says the conservative group is pushing cookie-cutter bills in Nebraska.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A development associate for the Jewish Federation of Omaha has filed papers to run for the Nebraska Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A Nebraska lawmaker has started an online petition to build support for a Medicaid expansion proposal that has stalled in the Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Five Sarpy County residents have applied for an open seat in the Nebraska Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska state Sen. Annette Dubas, a candidate for governor, announced plans Wednesday to introduce a property-tax relief measure when lawmakers convene next year.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A retired businessman and former head of an Omaha-based think tank is running for the Nebraska Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - State Sen. Ernie Chambers has warned he will oppose all Nebraska Game and Parks Commission requests of the Legislature in the upcoming 2014 session, as long as the agency allows mountain lions to be hunted.
OMAHA, Nebraska - A former hospital executive from southwest Omaha is running for an open seat in the Nebraska Legislature.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A package of tax proposals is taking shape as Nebraska lawmakers prepare for a new session next year.
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska counties are reaping thousands of dollars in charges each year for inmate phone calls, and one lawmaker announced plans Tuesday to introduce a bill to clamp down on the practice.