- Lawmakers seek fixes for EMS shortages in rural Nebraska Updated: Oct-02-15 5:50 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers are looking for ways to bolster the state's rural emergency medical services, which providers said Friday rely heavily on volunteers despite difficult and time-consuming training requirements.
- Nebraska lawmakers looking at options for Medicaid expansion Updated: Sep-27-15 9:57 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A new coalition of Nebraska lawmakers is considering options for expanding Medicaid coverage that could be approved by the Legislature, which has rejected similar measures three times in as many years.
- Nebraska senators brainstorming ideas to ease property taxes Updated: Sep-23-15 8:02 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - A special legislative committee is brainstorming ways to reduce property taxes in Nebraska, but the ideas are still broad and some senators voiced skepticism Wednesday that major changes are possible.
- Nebraska senator talks about state's death penalty repeal Updated: Sep-22-15 12:07 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A Republican legislator from Nebraska says North Carolina GOP lawmakers should consider abolishing the death penalty because the process is financially inefficient, subject to errors and does not give closure to victims' families.
- Nebraska lawmakers hear options for more affordable college Updated: Sep-10-15 5:18 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska lawmakers on Thursday began looking at ways to make college more affordable in response to the rising cost of tuition, fees, textbooks, and room and board.