- Wainwright throws 2-hitter, Cards beat Nats 8-0 Updated: Apr-18-14 12:00 am
- Nationals make 4 errors in 8-0 loss to Cardinals Updated: Apr-17-14 11:53 pm
- Cardinals put RHP Kelly on DL with hurt hamstring Updated: Apr-17-14 5:54 pm
- Kelly hurt as Cardinals lose to Brewers 5-1 Updated: Apr-16-14 7:17 pm
- Peralta helps Brewers beat Cards 5-1 and stop skid Updated: Apr-16-14 6:18 pm
- Cardinals activate 2B Mark Ellis from DL Updated: Apr-15-14 5:59 pm
- Ex-major leaguer Hal Smith dies in Arkansas Updated: Apr-14-14 3:53 pm
- Carpenter, Wacha lead Cardinals over Cubs 6-4 Updated: Apr-13-14 9:23 pm
- Rizzo homers in Cubs' 6-4 loss to Cardinals Updated: Apr-13-14 8:38 pm
- Cardinals extend contract of GM Mozeliak Updated: Apr-12-14 2:47 pm
- Tony La Russa awed by Baseball Hall of Fame Updated: Apr-10-14 7:47 pm
- Wacha following up on October rookie breakout Updated: Apr-10-14 4:27 pm
- Reds beat Cardinals 4-0, avoid sweep Updated: Apr-09-14 5:43 pm
- Braun, Cruz, Peralta move on after Biogenesis case Updated: Apr-09-14 1:36 pm
- Busch to host hot dog-eating contest Updated: Apr-09-14 9:52 am
- Cardinals, St. Louis ready for opening day Updated: Apr-07-14 5:06 am
- Pirates slip past Cardinals for 2-1 victory Updated: Apr-06-14 5:51 pm
- Cardinals beat Reds 7-6 to take 2 of 3 in series Updated: Apr-03-14 8:53 pm
- Defending champ Cards open against depleted Reds Updated: Mar-30-14 9:52 pm
- Cards' exhibition against Triple-A team rained out Updated: Mar-29-14 2:51 am
- Cardinals close deal to buy Triple-A Memphis team Updated: Mar-28-14 5:10 pm
- Wacha pitches 5 strong innings for Cardinals Updated: Mar-27-14 6:33 pm
- Cardinals sign reliever David Aardsma Updated: Mar-26-14 6:49 pm
- Harper ejected in Nationals' loss to Cardinals Updated: Mar-26-14 6:13 pm
- Nationals LF Harper ejected vs Cardinals Updated: Mar-26-14 3:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Adam Wainwright was as close to unhittable as he's ever been.
WASHINGTON - The Cardinals' first batter sent a seemingly routine grounder to Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond, who failed to field the ball cleanly for one of his two errors on the evening. The next hitter's swinging bunt was grabbed by pitcher Taylor Jordan, but he could not manage to get the ball out of his glove.
MILWAUKEE - Milwaukee manager Ron Roenicke realizes one victory doesn't necessarily end the St. Louis Cardinals' recent dominance over the Brewers.
MILWAUKEE - The St. Louis Cardinals have activated Mark Ellis from the 15-day disabled list and inserted him into the starting lineup at second base for Tuesday night's game against the Milwaukee Brewers.
FORT SMITH, Arkansas - Former major league baseball player Hal Smith of Fort Smith, Arkansas, has died.
ST. LOUIS - Michael Wacha doesn't mind a little bad weather.
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals extended the contract of general manager John Mozeliak for two years through the 2018 season.
COOPERSTOWN, New York - Surrounded by statues of the game's greats, Tony La Russa was simply awe-struck as he contemplated his place in baseball history.
ST. LOUIS - Take it from the Cincinnati Reds: Michael Wacha's breakout postseason was no fluke.
ST. LOUIS - The pop fly cleared the infield by about 20-25 feet. Billy Hamilton's teammates have seen his legs in action, but figured he'd stay put at third.
BALTIMORE - Nelson Cruz was branded a cheater and punished accordingly. As he waited to be introduced on his first opening day in Baltimore, the former All-Star wondered how Orioles fans would react in the aftermath of the 50-game suspension he received last year for using performance-enhancing drugs.
ST. LOUIS - Move over, baseball. Busch Stadium in St. Louis will host an event next month featuring America's real national pastime - eating.
ST. LOUIS - Opening day of the baseball season is pretty close to a holiday in St. Louis, and the city is ready for the party.
PITTSBURGH - For his first start with the Pirates, Edinson Volquez beat Adam Wainwright. That'll do nicely as an early return on that offseason contract he signed with the Pirates.
CINCINNATI - The defending National League champions opened the season with a lot of waiting. And a couple of wins, too.
CINCINNATI - No waiting for one of the NL Central's longstanding rivalries to resume. The Cardinals and Reds can start playing their annual game of look-who's-in-first right from the first pitch.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The scheduled exhibition game between the St. Louis Cardinals and their Triple-A Memphis farm club was rained out Friday night.
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals now own their top minor-league team.
JUPITER, Florida - Michael Wacha looked sharp in his final spring start Thursday, giving up a run in five innings of the St. Louis Cardinals' 6-4 loss to the Miami Marlins.
JUPITER, Florida - David Aardsma tweeted about Jhonny Peralta, drug penalties and rich contracts during the offseason.