- Diamondbacks lose 11-4 to Cardinals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:01 am
PHOENIX - Patrick Corbin had a chance to end St. Louis' rally if he could just get the pitcher out with the bases loaded.
- Cardinals bash past Diamondbacks 11-4 Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 am
PHOENIX - The pitcher's spot in the order came up with the bases loaded in the fifth inning, a critical juncture in what had been a close game.
- Game 7 sets Fox Sports Midwest record Updated: Apr-27-16 4:19 pm
ST. LOUIS - Game 7 of the Blackhawks-Blues first-round series drew the largest TV audience for Fox Sports Midwest.
- Cardinals OF Matt Holliday leaves game with leg cramp Updated: Apr-25-16 10:55 pm
- Gyorko leads Cardinals' hit parade in 8-5 win against Padres Updated: Apr-24-16 9:36 pm
SAN DIEGO - Jedd Gyorko didn't mind being booed when he returned to San Diego with the St. Louis Cardinals.
- After delay, Cardinals beat Cubs 5-3 to avoid sweep Updated: Apr-20-16 9:23 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis right-hander Carlos Martinez is ready to show his appreciation to outfielder Randal Grichuk.
- Cardinals struggle again in loss to Cubs Updated: Apr-20-16 1:10 am
- Cardinals launch campaign to honor Brock Updated: Apr-19-16 9:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals have launched a season-long campaign, #STLisLou, to honor Hall of Famer Lou Brock and raise money for children with diabetes.
- Heyward to Cardinals fans: Bring on the boos Updated: Apr-18-16 8:17 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jason Heyward expected a harsh reception from St. Louis Cardinals fans. He sort of looked forward to it, and even took off his helmet in acknowledgement when he heard the boos before his first at-bat.
- Ruben Tejada activated from disabled list by Cardinals Updated: Apr-18-16 6:33 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals shortstop Ruben Tejada has been activated from the 15-day disabled list after recovering from a strained left quadriceps, which he hurt in the last game of spring training.
- Eric Fryer's 3 hits leads Cardinals over Reds 4-3 Updated: Apr-17-16 6:48 pm
ST. LOUIS - Given a rare chance to start, Eric Fryer showed the St. Louis Cardinals what he is capable of.
- Jaime Garcia pitches 1-hitter as Cardinals beat Brewers 7-0 Updated: Apr-14-16 5:59 pm
ST. LOUIS - Jaime Garcia was simply dominant against the Milwaukee Brewers.
- Cardinals' Gonzales to have Tommy John surgery Updated: Apr-13-16 6:09 pm
ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Cardinals left-hander Marco Gonzales will have season-ending Tommy John surgery.
- Brewers, Reds have hopeful opening weeks in transition years Updated: Apr-12-16 2:08 am
MILWAUKEE - Whether contender or assumed also-ran, baseball teams share at least one sentiment at the beginning of every season.
- Moss, Carpenter hit 3-run HRs as Cardinals top Braves 12-7 Updated: Apr-10-16 6:54 pm
ATLANTA - Adam Wainwright was frustrated by his second straight unimpressive start.
- Braves' Winkler breaks elbow in 12-7 loss to Cardinals Updated: Apr-10-16 6:36 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta right-hander Dan Winkler broke his elbow throwing a pitch in a 12-7 loss to St. Louis on Sunday.
- St. Louis Cardinals deal LHP Aquino to Orioles for cash Updated: Apr-07-16 11:31 am
- Padres tie MLB record by starting with 26 scoreless innings Updated: Apr-06-16 11:58 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Padres have tied the major league record with 26 straight scoreless innings to start a season.
- Nicascio helps Pirates beat Cardinals 5-1 for 3-game sweep Updated: Apr-06-16 11:56 pm
PITTSBURGH - Juan Nicasio had such an outstanding spring that he found no reason to make any changes in his first regular-season start.
- Former World Series MVP Freese fitting in with Pirates Updated: Apr-04-16 5:52 pm
PITTSBURGH - The fairy tale, the one where David Freese morphed from couch-sleeping role player to World Series MVP for his hometown team, is over.
- Freese gets 1st hit of new MLB season, Tulowitzki has 1st HR Updated: Apr-03-16 7:04 pm
David Freese of the Pirates got the first hit of the new Major League Baseball season and Toronto star Troy Tulowitzki hit the first home run.
- Cardinals place catcher Pena on disabled list, sign Fryer Updated: Apr-03-16 11:09 am
PITTSBURGH - St. Louis Cardinals reserve catcher Brayan Pena will start the season on the disabled list.
- Young baseball fan gets surprise stadium during medical trip Updated: Apr-01-16 5:05 am
SULLIVAN, Indiana - Most experiences involving an ambulance are rarely described as pleasant.
- Leake, Piscotty help Cardinals beat Yankees 9-1 Updated: Mar-31-16 5:23 pm
- Wacha goes 5 scoreless innings in Cards' win over Marlins Updated: Mar-30-16 6:29 pm
JUPITER, Florida - The St. Louis Cardinals employed the same formula they used to win 100 games last season - good starting pitching, enough timely hitting and Trevor Rosenthal closing out the game - to defeat the Miami Marlins 3-0 on Wednesday in both teams' final game at the spring training complex they share.