- SAFB Commander: Efforts to fight cyberattacks should improve Updated: Aug-27-15 10:47 am
SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE - The newly-installed leader of the U.S. Transportation Command at Scott Air Force Base says cyberattacks are an "evolving threat" that need to be dealt with aggressively.
- Sergeant sentenced to 25 years on assault, desertion charges Updated: Aug-24-15 10:31 pm
SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, Illinois - An Air Force technical sergeant who fled Illinois earlier this year while awaiting a court-martial will spend 25 years in prison after pleading guilty Monday to child sexual assault charges.
- Air Force deploying F-22 fighter jet to Europe Updated: Aug-24-15 6:21 pm
WASHINGTON - Air Force officials say they will soon be deploying stealthy, high-tech F-22 fighter jets to Europe to train with other nations' militaries and reassure allies worried about Russian aggression.
- Airman on Paris-bound train could get Air Force medal Updated: Aug-24-15 5:29 pm
WASHINGTON - Airman 1st Class Spencer Stone's military unit is nominating him for the prestigious Airman's Medal in honor of his actions to subdue a heavily armed gunman on the Amsterdam-to-Paris train last Friday, Air Force Secretary Deborah Lee James told reporters.
- Smoke starting to lift over Washington fires Updated: Aug-23-15 9:28 pm
TWISP, Washington - The latest on wildfires in Washington state, including those that killed three firefighters (all times local):
- Ex-Air Force contract official avoids prison in ethics case Updated: Aug-21-15 11:31 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A former U.S. Air Force contracting official in Afghanistan will avoid prison time for violating an ethics law.
- 2 fighter jets collide on ground at Nellis Air Force Base Updated: Aug-17-15 7:05 pm
NELLIS AIR FORCE BASE, Nevada - Base officials didn't disclose whether pilots were hurt or the amount of damage to two U.S. Air Force fighter jets that collided on the ground during the weekend at Nellis Air Force in Nevada.
- US Air Force F-16 crashes in southern Germany, pilot ejects Updated: Aug-11-15 8:40 am
BERLIN - A U.S. Air Force F-16 fighter jet crashed in southern Germany on Tuesday, the military said. The pilot ejected safely.
- Report: $14M drone piloted from Ellsworth crashed overseas Updated: Aug-08-15 6:52 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A drone worth more than $14 million that was being remotely piloted from Ellsworth Air Force Base was intentionally crashed last year somewhere over the Middle East following a mechanical failure, according to a report from the U.S. Air Force.
- Dad home from deployment surprises kids with scavenger hunt Updated: Aug-08-15 3:52 pm
TAMPA, Florida - The prize waiting at the end of a scavenger hunt for three southwest Florida children was bigger than they could have imagined. After working their way through the clues, their father, a master sergeant in the U.S. Air Force, was home a few days early from his six-month deployment in the Middle East.
- Air Force makes emergency landing in Des Moines Updated: Aug-07-15 2:35 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A U.S. Air Force Boeing 757 has made an emergency landing at the Des Moines International Airport after a windshield cracked during the flight.
- FACT CHECK: GOP candidates veer from the truth in 1st debate Updated: Aug-06-15 11:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans seeking their party's 2016 presidential nomination have the challenging task of trying to stand out among the 17 candidates in the race, and Thursday's televised debate was the first opportunity for the party to start whittling down its choices. So it's no surprise that the candidates had a vested interest in puffing up their own records as governors, senators and public figures. And some of them just got the facts wrong.
- 2 military planes going to California to fight wildfires Updated: Aug-03-15 9:19 am
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colorado - Two Air Force Reserve firefighting planes are being sent to California to battle wildfires raging there.