- 'Just the ticket': 4-star solution to nuclear Air Force ills Updated: Jul-27-15 2:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Working to reinvigorate its nuclear force after years of missteps and scandal, the Air Force is putting a four-star general in charge for the first time in the post-Cold War era. His mission: Restore institutional muscle and assert more influence on the force's behalf.
- Officials: Progress made cleaning up massive jet fuel spill Updated: Jul-23-15 3:52 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - State and federal officials are becoming increasingly confident they'll be able to clean up a massive plume of jet fuel at the edge of Albuquerque before it reaches drinking water wells.
- Air Force secretary updates ND Guard members on priorities Updated: Jul-22-15 2:34 am
FARGO, North Dakota - The secretary of the U.S. Air Force says her visit to Fargo was meant to update members of the North Dakota Air National Guard base on her priorities.
- Air Force delays plans to eliminate Fort Bragg air unit Updated: Jul-14-15 11:38 am
FORT BRAGG, North Carolina - The Air Force has once again delayed plans to do away with a group of transport planes based at Fort Bragg.
- EPA orders treatment of contaminated well at Pease Tradeport Updated: Jul-10-15 11:08 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - The Environmental Protection Agency is ordering the Air Force to treat city-owned wells at the Pease International Tradeport that have been tainted by potentially harmful contaminants.
- $35M hangar at Air Force museum in Dayton nearing completion Updated: Jul-04-15 2:29 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Workers are nearing completion of a 224,000-square-foot hangar at the National Museum of the U.S. Air Force in southwest Ohio.
- Air Force professor found stranded on cliff after 2 days Updated: Jul-01-15 2:01 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - An Air Force Academy professor who went missing for two days while on a hike is recovering after he got injured and stranded on a cliff face in Colorado.