- Aeromedical evacuation trainer arrives at Ohio military base Updated: May-23-15 1:05 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - A military transport aircraft fuselage to be used for aeromedical evacuation training has begun arriving at an Air Force base in southwest Ohio.
- Correction: Air Force Station-Crash story Updated: May-22-15 2:26 pm
HONOLULU - In a story May 20 about the death of a second Marine during a training exercise in Hawaii, The Associated Press, relying on information from the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, erroneously reported the hometown of Lance Cpt. Matthew Determan. He was from Ahwatukee, Arizona, not Maricopa.
- China, US assert rights after exchange over S China Sea Updated: May-21-15 7:58 pm
BEIJING - China said Thursday it is entitled to keep watch over airspace and seas surrounding artificial islands it created in the disputed waters of the South China Sea, following an exchange in which its navy warned off a U.S. surveillance plane. The United States said its aerial patrolling was in accordance with international law and "no one in their right mind" would try to stop it.
- Montana native killed in Air Force vehicle accident Updated: May-21-15 9:27 am
HAMILTON, Montana - A funeral service will be held in Hamilton on Saturday for a Montana native who died of injuries suffered in a vehicle accident on a U.S. Air Force Base in New Mexico.
- Air Force OKs higher cap on visiting aircraft's use of base Updated: May-19-15 8:56 am
TUCSON, Arizona - The Air Force says it's going to implement a plan increasing a cap on the number of flights by aircraft visiting Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson.
- Woman's graduation, wedding all part of milestone weekend Updated: May-15-15 9:55 am
FLINT, Michigan - A Michigan woman is packing a lot of milestones into one weekend.
- Official: No threat found at locked down North Dakota base Updated: May-11-15 9:41 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - No threat has been found at a U.S. Air Force base in North Dakota that was locked down for two hours while base officials investigated a domestic violence report from local police.
- Ohio Air Force base steps up security; delays expected Updated: May-08-15 2:41 pm
CINCINNATI - Increased security at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base will mean bigger delays at the sprawling base in southwest Ohio, officials said Friday.
- Obama presents Air Force Academy football team with trophy Updated: May-07-15 4:46 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama congratulated the Air Force football team Thursday for again winning the annual Commander in Chief's Trophy.
- Air Force demonstration plane makes emergency landing Updated: May-07-15 2:55 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A fighter plane belonging to the U.S. Air Force Demonstration Squadron has made an emergency landing at Albuquerque's international airport.
- Ohio vets' medical care to expand under Air Force, VA pact Updated: May-03-15 8:56 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - An agreement intended to help decrease wait times for veterans seeking medical care has been forged between Air Force and Veterans Affairs officials in Ohio.
- Bridgeport airport board opposes Morgantown runway expansion Updated: Apr-30-15 8:20 am
BRIDGEPORT, West Virginia - The Morgantown Municipal Airport's plan to extend its runway is drawing opposition from another airport in Bridgeport.
- Air Force pilot laid to rest at Arlington cemetery Updated: Apr-28-15 7:07 am
ALBANY, Georgia - A Georgia Air Force pilot has been laid to rest in Arlington National Cemetery almost 50 years after he was killed in Vietnam.
- Global effort to help Nepal earthquake victims intensifies Updated: Apr-27-15 12:35 pm
LONDON - The desperate effort to save lives in earthquake-ravaged Nepal intensified Monday as aid flights arrived carrying emergency medical teams, search-and-rescue equipment and tarps for shelter.
- Strategic Air & Space Museum to get new name, logo Updated: Apr-25-15 5:07 pm
ASHLAND, Nebraska - For years, the Strategic Air & Space Museum near Ashland has been known simply as "the SAC museum."
- La. National Guard airmen in Bulgaria for training mission Updated: Apr-25-15 1:41 pm
NEW ORLEANS - About 150 Louisiana National Guard airmen are in Bulgaria for a training mission with that country's air force.