- US will cut deployed nuke missile force by 50 Updated: Apr-08-14 6:26 pm
- Ex-Ill. Air Force contracting official sentenced Updated: Apr-06-14 11:31 am
- Upstate NY honor guard member earns national award Updated: Apr-05-14 12:15 pm
- Troy woman says brother's remains in Vietnam ID'd Updated: Mar-31-14 12:43 pm
- At 81, Rep. Bob Lynn is Alaska's oldest lawmaker Updated: Mar-29-14 2:14 pm
- Grissom Air Reserve commander removed from post Updated: Mar-28-14 2:58 pm
- Spotters fight fatigue in hunt for jet lost at sea Updated: Mar-27-14 10:43 am
WASHINGTON - The U.S. will keep its current force of 450 land-based nuclear missiles but remove 50 from their launch silos as part of a plan to bring the U.S. into compliance with a 2011 U.S.-Russia arms control treaty, the Pentagon said Tuesday.
EAST ST. LOUIS, Illinois - A federal judge has sentenced a former Scott Air Force Base contracting official to three years of probation for accepting gratuities.
ROME, New York - A member of the New York Air National Guard has been named the Air National Guard's Honor Guard Program Member of the Year.
TROY, Michigan - Troy resident Sue Scott has never stopped searching for her brother after he went missing during the Vietnam War.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Bob Lynn is spry for a man of 81. He easily - and daily during the session - scales the five flights of steps at the state Capitol.
PERU, Indiana - The commander at northern Indiana's Grissom Air Reserve Base has been removed from that position and his job performance under investigation, according to military officials.
OVER THE SOUTHERN INDIAN OCEAN - They stare out at a punishingly unbroken expanse of gray water that seems, at times, to blend into the clouds. Occasionally, they press their foreheads against the plane's windows so hard they leave grease marks, their eyes darting up and down, left and right, looking for something - anything - that could explain the fate of the missing Malaysia Airlines plane.