- Clean methods only for Russia in Rio, top medic tells Putin Updated: May-05-16 10:35 am
MOSCOW - The head of Russia's state medical agency has told President Vladimir Putin that Russian athletes will use "clean technologies only" in preparing for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
- Mother and son shooters aim to make history at Olympics Updated: May-03-16 12:30 pm
TBILISI, Georgia - Going into her eighth Olympics, former shooting champion Nino Salukvadze has plenty of reasons to be proud of her long career.
- Russian track team could return at European Championships Updated: Apr-27-16 12:22 pm
GENEVA - If reinstated in June, Russia could still compete at the European track championships in July, the head of European Athletics said Wednesday after meeting senior officials in Moscow.
- IOC member Baumann elected president of SportAccord group Updated: Apr-22-16 7:49 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Swiss IOC member Patrick Baumann has been elected president of SportAccord, an umbrella group of more than 90 Olympic and non-Olympic sports federations.
- Kenya's marathon runners defend 'clean' and 'noble' sport Updated: Apr-20-16 3:00 pm
LONDON - Defending the integrity of athletics ahead of Sunday's London Marathon, Kenyan runners insisted Wednesday that they run clean and don't need to resort to doping in the pursuit of glory.
- CAS to hold hearings in May in Russian doping cases Updated: Apr-18-16 11:26 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The Court of Arbitration for Sport will hold hearings next month in the doping cases of 12 Russian track and field athletes hoping to compete at the Olympics.
- Sports court throws out Russian doping case over late test Updated: Apr-14-16 1:24 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A Russian runner's two-year doping suspension was overturned by the Court of Arbitration for Sport on Thursday because her sample was retested beyond the eight-year statute of limitations.
- Mutko: No criminal charges over Russia's doping scandal Updated: Apr-08-16 6:03 pm
MOSCOW - No one will face criminal charges over the worst doping scandal in Russia's history, the country's sports minister said Friday.
- WADA says doping cases from 2005 worlds are past time limit Updated: Apr-06-16 11:21 am
MOSCOW - Numerous doping cases in track and field may go unpunished because the sport's governing body tested samples after their time limit had expired.