- Russia ice hockey coach out after Olympic failure Updated: Mar-05-14 8:47 am
- Russia awards cars to its Olympic medalists Updated: Feb-27-14 8:30 am
- Crosby relieved to return with Olympic gold Updated: Feb-26-14 5:45 pm
- Ovechkin apologizes for Russia hockey performance Updated: Feb-25-14 3:31 pm
- Bjoergen, Cologna star in cross-country in Sochi Updated: Feb-24-14 1:30 am
- Canada rules rink, a flame dies, an Olympics ends Updated: Feb-23-14 2:04 pm
- Column: A pop quiz for things learned in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 12:15 pm
- On home ice and snow, Russians win medals tally Updated: Feb-23-14 11:54 am
- Blame Canada: Their game, their gold again Updated: Feb-23-14 11:33 am
- US officials defend team performance in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 10:29 am
- USA's Steven Holcomb wins 2 bronze medals in Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 9:54 am
- Zubkov wins double bobsled gold for Russia Updated: Feb-23-14 9:12 am
- Bach hails 'amazing' transformation of Sochi Updated: Feb-23-14 9:05 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Ho-hum gold game? Updated: Feb-23-14 8:10 am
- Legkov leads Russian sweep of 50K race at Olympics Updated: Feb-23-14 6:27 am
- Russia clinches medals title Updated: Feb-23-14 4:54 am
- US hockey finishes with a real flop Updated: Feb-22-14 2:50 pm
- Rock, classical, Broadway at Sochi gala skate Updated: Feb-22-14 2:47 pm
- Russia wins men's biathlon relay at Sochi Olympics Updated: Feb-22-14 2:43 pm
- Dutch close Olympic speedskating with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 12:12 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Skiing through chaos Updated: Feb-22-14 11:44 am
- Dutch speedskaters end Olympics with 2 more golds Updated: Feb-22-14 10:38 am
- Wild completes sweep in snowboard parallel slalom Updated: Feb-22-14 10:30 am
- Putin congratulates Russian gold medalist Vic Wild Updated: Feb-22-14 8:43 am
- SOCHI SCENE: Shiffrin had Russian help Updated: Feb-22-14 6:01 am
MOSCOW - Russia ice hockey coach Zinetula Bilyaletdinov is leaving his job after the home team's disappointing quarterfinals exit at the Sochi Olympics.
MOSCOW - Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev has given a Mercedes-Benz to each Olympic medalist from the host country of the 2014 Sochi Games.
PITTSBURGH - Sidney Crosby's second Olympic experience was last dramatic and just as rewarding.
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Alex Ovechkin apologized for Russia's hockey performance at the Olympics, a sentiment put in perspective by the encouraging news that his father was on the way home after heart surgery.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Marit Bjoergen is still in a class of her own in women's cross-country skiing, although perhaps not quite as dominant as she was four years ago.
SOCHI, Russia - The Olympic flame was snuffed out. No chance of that for the Canadian hockey team, champions again.
SOCHI, Russia - You've just spent two weeks of your life watching things you won't even think about for another four years.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's post-Soviet athletic decline hit bottom at the Vancouver Olympics, where the once dominant winter sporting nation left with only three gold medals and the daunting task of rebuilding its team in time to host the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Blame Canada.
SOCHI, Russia - The speedskaters flopped, and the hockey team was blanked when it mattered most. If it wasn't for some brand new sports, the medal count would be paltry.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Steven Holcomb might as well be driving USA-62.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Alexander Zubkov was given a daunting assignment for his home Olympics. His task: Take to Russian ice and make history, against drivers who have been beating him for years.
SOCHI, Russia - IOC President Thomas Bach hailed the Sochi Olympics on Sunday for showcasing the "amazing" transformation of a fading resort town where he once feared being hit in the head by a falling roof.
SOCHI, Russia - Empty seats, relatively quiet crowd - the final gold medal competition of the Sochi Games feels more like a lazy Sunday warmup to the closing ceremony.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Alexander Legkov made sure the Russian flag finally flew highest at the Sochi cross-country skiing venue - and for these entire Olympic Games.
SOCHI, Russia - Alexander Legkov's victory in the men's 50-kilometer cross-country race Sunday clinched the overall medals title for the host nation at the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - At least they didn't break any furniture.
SOCHI, Russia - With the pressure off and no medals at stake, it was time for the Olympic figure skaters to have some fun.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Russia made its fans wait for a biathlon gold medal until the last race of the Sochi Games.
SOCHI, Russia - The final day of speedskating at the Sochi Olympics was nothing more than a victory lap for the mighty Dutch.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Ukraine's last remaining Alpine skier at the Sochi Olympics is competing with the blessing of his more famous and controversial teammate.
SOCHI, Russia - The Netherlands won gold in the last speedskating event of the Sochi Olympics, routing Poland in the final of women's team pursuit Saturday.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Facing a nearly impossible deficit against a four-time world champion he'd never outraced, all the unorthodox choices snowboarder Vic Wild made to keep his career alive converged over 30 glorious seconds of perfection.
SOCHI, Russia - When American skier Mikaela Shiffrin became the youngest winner of an Olympic slalom, she had plenty of people to thank.