- Quintana pitches 8 strong innings in 2-1 loss to Blue Jays Updated: Jul-08-15 12:35 am
CHICAGO - Jose Quintana is having trouble getting wins even when he pitches well.
- Sano powers Twins over Orioles, 8-3 Updated: Jul-08-15 12:35 am
MINNEAPOLIS - After the ball cleared the fence, Miguel Sano simply put his head down and trotted around the bases as the fans who've long waited for his heralded arrival cheered loudly.
- Doubront, Donaldson lead Blue Jays to 2-1 win over White Sox Updated: Jul-08-15 12:15 am
CHICAGO - The Toronto Blue Jays lead the major leagues in runs scored by a wide margin. However, they had to eke out a win in a low-scoring game Tuesday night.
- Tampa Bay gets swept by Royals in day-night doubleheader Updated: Jul-08-15 12:14 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Rays manager Kevin Cash had just watched the Royals' Paulo Orlando swat a game-ending grand slam when he hunkered down in an office at Kauffman Stadium.
- Royals beat Rays 5-1 to finish off doubleheader sweep Updated: Jul-08-15 12:06 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Two bases-loaded hits. Two wins for Kansas City in a span of just a few hours.
- Velasquez takes first loss as Astros fall 2-0 to Indians Updated: Jul-07-15 11:59 pm
CLEVELAND - Vincent Velasquez couldn't stay zero and zero forever.
- Corey Kluber, Indians blank Astros 2-0 Updated: Jul-07-15 11:27 pm
CLEVELAND - Corey Kluber looked and acted like he always does after a game, stoic and sedate.
- Tough night for Mariners pitchers in 12-5 loss Updated: Jul-07-15 3:05 am
SEATTLE - If they didn't already know it, Mayckol Guaipe and David Rollins are both well aware now how tough it is to pitch in the big leagues.
- Castellanos has 4 RBIs, Tigers win 12-5 Updated: Jul-07-15 2:59 am
SEATTLE - Detroit manager Brad Ausmus doesn't think hitting is contagious. J.D. Martinez disagrees, and has significant proof to point to after Monday's win over the Seattle Mariners.
- Dozier's two-run homer in 10th lifts Twins over Orioles 4-2 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:36 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The Orioles' pitching staff had kept the Twins hitless for 21 consecutive batters with one out in the 10th. That streak ended decisively.
- Carrasco struggles, Astros stop Indians 9-4 Updated: Jul-07-15 12:15 am
CLEVELAND - Indians pitcher Carlos Carrasco came within one out of throwing a no-hitter on July 1. His subsequent start didn't go nearly as well.
- Buehrle has blast despite Blue Jays falling 4-2 to White Sox Updated: Jul-07-15 12:04 am
CHICAGO - Winning and losing usually determines whether a player enjoys a particular game or not. Despite a loss, Mark Buehrle couldn't stop smiling about the Toronto Blue Jays' 4-2 defeat to the Chicago White Sox on Monday night.
- Rookies Bryant, Pederson make All-Star team; A-Rod left out Updated: Jul-06-15 11:36 pm
NEW YORK - Less than three months after making his major league debut, Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant is an All-Star, one of two rookies selected along with Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Joc Pederson.
- Rays-Royals game postponed, tornado warnings in Kansas City Updated: Jul-06-15 8:42 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The game between the Tampa Bay Rays and Royals scheduled for Monday night was postponed about an hour before the first pitch as tornado sirens blared across the Kansas City metro area.
- Tigers claim 1B-OF Krauss off waivers from Tampa Bay Updated: Jul-06-15 8:17 pm
- Royals cut Frasor, place 3B Moustakas on bereavement list Updated: Jul-06-15 6:23 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Kansas City Royals designated reliever Jason Frasor for assignment and placed third baseman Mike Moustakas on the bereavement list before Monday night's game against Tampa Bay.
- 4 Royals elected to start All-Star Game; Reds' Frazier, too Updated: Jul-05-15 10:51 pm
NEW YORK - The All-Star Game will have a Kansas City flavor, just not as much as it appeared last month.
- Royals land 4 starters in All-Star Game in Cincinnati Updated: Jul-05-15 8:07 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The AL champion Kansas City Royals had so many starters voted into the All-Star Game on Sunday that they ran out of seats for all of them.
- Schoop HR in return from disabled list, O's beat White Sox Updated: Jul-05-15 7:02 pm
CHICAGO - Back in the majors, Jonathan Schoop quickly made an impact.
- Verlander drops to 0-4 as Blue Jays beat Tigers 10-5 Updated: Jul-05-15 6:32 pm
- Indians shut down by Cole after fast start Updated: Jul-05-15 6:30 pm
- Cole posts majors-leading 12th win, Pirates beat Indians Updated: Jul-05-15 6:02 pm
PITTSBURGH - Down 3-0 after the third inning on the heels of two uneven starts, Gerrit Cole didn't get angry or flustered.
- Santana returns from suspension as Twins fall to Royals 3-2 Updated: Jul-05-15 5:53 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Maybe it was the joy in being back on the mound after serving an 80-game suspension. Maybe it was the fact that Ervin Santana was facing his former team. Maybe it was simply that he was making them foolish.
- Royals salvage split with Twins with 3-2 victory Updated: Jul-05-15 5:41 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Royals manager Ned Yost treats just about every game the same, especially in July, because the reality is that they all count the same at the end of the season.
- Blanton has rough 1st inning as Royals lose to Twins, 5-3 Updated: Jul-05-15 12:45 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Joe Blanton had a bad first inning and that was enough to doom the Kansas City Royals