- Carlos Quentin to try comeback with Twins Updated: Feb-02-16 2:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Outfielder Carlos Quentin and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a minor league contract, giving the 33-year-old a chance to revive his career.
- Sano ready for move to right field with Twins Updated: Feb-01-16 7:10 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - When the Minnesota Twins start spring training later this month, Miguel Sano will trot his muscular frame out to right field for an audition at his new position.
- Report: Royals have biggest attendance increase over decade Updated: Jan-28-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A financial news and opinion company reports the Kansas City Royals have seen the biggest increase in fan attendance among all major professional U.S. sports teams over a 10-year span.
- Tigers send Marte to Angels for Eaves in infielder swap Updated: Jan-27-16 12:57 pm
- Josh Tomlin, Indians agree to $5.5 million, 2-year contract Updated: Jan-26-16 3:20 pm
CLEVELAND - Josh Tomlin has shown toughness and tenacity during his time with the Indians. On Tuesday, he was rewarded for it.
- Plouffe and Twins agree to $7.25M deal, avoid arbitration Updated: Jan-25-16 2:40 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Third baseman Trevor Plouffe and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a $7.25 million, one-year contract to avoid arbitration.
- Gibson praises Upton after outfielder's arrival in Detroit Updated: Jan-23-16 5:30 pm
DETROIT - Kirk Gibson and Justin Upton are being reunited - sort of.
- Carew, awaiting transplant, to attend TwinsFest next weekend Updated: Jan-22-16 4:17 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins say Hall of Famer Rod Carew is healthy enough to attend the team's annual fan festival next weekend.
- Even with big additions, Tigers still counting on holdovers Updated: Jan-21-16 6:31 pm
- Chicago White Sox, reliever Matt Albers agree to 1-year deal Updated: Jan-21-16 5:44 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox and reliever Matt Albers have agreed to a one-year contract that guarantees $2.25 million and includes a club option for 2017.
- Twins launch new customizable partial season ticket plan Updated: Jan-21-16 2:04 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins have a plan for ticket buyers who might be afraid of commitment.
- 'More than a tweak': Tigers introduce Justin Upton Updated: Jan-21-16 10:39 am
DETROIT - Al Avila says it was around Christmas that the Detroit Tigers' offseason changed.
- Chicago White Sox hire Willie Harris in minor leagues Updated: Jan-19-16 5:19 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have hired 2005 championship team member Willie Harris as a minor league hitting coach.
- Royals complete $17.5M, 2-year deal with outfielder Cain Updated: Jan-18-16 4:50 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals finalized their $17.5 million, two-year deal with Lorenzo Cain on Monday, buying out the All-Star outfielder's final two years of arbitration.
- Minnesota Twins legend Oliva visiting Bismarck on Monday Updated: Jan-17-16 9:28 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Legendary Minnesota Twins outfielder Tony Oliva is visiting Bismarck on Monday as part of the annual Twins Caravan tour.
- AP source: Royals, Ian Kennedy reach 5-year, $70M deal Updated: Jan-16-16 12:49 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals and pitcher Ian Kennedy agreed to a $70 million, five-year deal Saturday that includes an opt-out after the first two years, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.
- Tigers agree to deal with Iglesias, avoid arbitration Updated: Jan-15-16 8:37 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have agreed on a one-year, $2.1 million contract with All-Star shortstop Jose Iglesias, averting arbitration.
- Twins agree to deals with 4 arbitration-eligible players Updated: Jan-15-16 8:30 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins have agreed to one-year contracts with infielders Eduardo Escobar and Eduardo Nunez, right-hander Casey Fien and lefty Tommy Milone, averting salary arbitration.
- Royals avoid arbitration with Dyson, Coleman, Cruz deals Updated: Jan-15-16 8:25 pm
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The Royals signed five players to one-year contracts Friday, leaving All-Star third baseman Mike Moustakas and All-Star outfielder Lorenzo Cain as their only unsigned arbitration-eligible players.
- Indians avoid arbitration with closer Allen, 3 others Updated: Jan-15-16 8:15 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians hit a grand slam of sorts, coming to contract terms on their four remaining arbitration eligible players.
- Indians avoid arbitration with reliever Bryan Shaw Updated: Jan-14-16 11:02 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians avoided salary arbitration with reliever Bryan Shaw by agreeing to a one-year, $2.75 million contract for next season with the steady right-hander.
- Tommy Milone, Twins agree to $4.5 million, 1-year contract Updated: Jan-14-16 10:49 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Left-hander Tommy Milone and the Minnesota Twins have agreed to a $4.5 million, one-year contract, a deal that avoids salary arbitration.
- Tigers agree to 1-year deal with Romine, avoid arbitration Updated: Jan-14-16 9:21 pm
DETROIT - The Detroit Tigers have agreed to a one-year deal with infielder Andrew Romine for $900,000, avoiding arbitration.
- White Sox agree to 1-year contracts with Lawrie, Jennings Updated: Jan-14-16 9:18 pm
CHICAGO - The Chicago White Sox have agreed to one-year contracts with infielder Brett Lawrie and reliever Dan Jennings, avoiding arbitration.
- Royals outfielder Dyson's hometown names street after him Updated: Jan-14-16 5:01 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - The honors keep rolling in for Kansas City Royals players with the renaming of a street in McComb, Mississippi, in honor of speedy outfielder Jarrod Dyson.