- Spurned by president, EU embraces Ukraine protest Updated: Dec-12-13 4:53 am
- UK says cure or drug for dementia possible by 2025 Updated: Dec-11-13 11:20 am
- China looking for new markets in Eastern Europe Updated: Nov-26-13 10:43 am
- EU, Russia face off before divisive summit Updated: Nov-25-13 11:19 am
- Syria, human rights on agenda for China-EU summit Updated: Nov-20-13 4:46 am
- Merkel leads EU calls for Ukraine to reform Updated: Nov-18-13 1:19 pm
- East or West? Ukraine now has to choose its path Updated: Nov-18-13 6:43 am
BRUSSELS - Two weeks ago, the European Union's foreign policy chief was at a summit in Lithuania, wooing Ukraine's president with offers of preferential dealings with the world's largest trade bloc. This week, she stood in Kiev's Independence Square with protesters bent on ousting the same man.
LONDON - British Prime Minister David Cameron says he hopes to kick-start an international effort to find a cure or effective treatment for dementia by 2025.
BUCHAREST, Romania - China is on a charm offensive in Eastern Europe, an attempt to secure business ties in a region where the European Union and Russia are increasingly jostling for influence.
LANAKEN, Belgium - Little over two decades ago, Moscow ruled Lithuania with an iron fist. Now, the Baltic nation holds the presidency of the European Union.
BEIJING - The conflict in Syria, human rights and a range of trade and development issues will be on the agenda for the European Union's first summit with China's new leadership on Thursday.
BRUSSELS - German Chancellor Angela Merkel on Monday led European Union calls for Ukraine to reform its judicial system beyond the case of jailed former prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko before the bloc signs any association agreement with Kiev.
KIEV, Ukraine - According to an old folk tradition, if a man knocks on the door of a Ukrainian beauty with a marriage proposal but does not win her heart, she will reject her suitor by presenting him with a pumpkin.