- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder Updated: May-06-16 6:38 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Jazz have extended coach Quin Snyder's contract.
- Curry returns to practice, still unlikely to play Game 3 Updated: May-06-16 5:57 pm
OAKLAND, California - Golden State superstar Stephen Curry zipped around the court bouncing from spot to spot during his typical extensive post-practice shooting routine, driving to the basket past his regular practice coach Bruce Fraser.
- Festus Ezeli makes big impact down the stretch in Game 2 Updated: May-06-16 3:53 am
OAKLAND, California - As his teammates wrapped up their practice day, Festus Ezeli worked some post moves with coach Theo Robertson and shot a few more hook shots from each side of the key, then a series of free throws as assistant coach Ron Adams observed.
- After court setback, estranged Benson heirs not giving up Updated: May-05-16 10:24 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The estranged daughter and grandchildren of New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson say they won't abandon their effort to prove their patriarch has been manipulated into appointing his third wife the sole heir to his sports empire.
- Damian Lillard gets tested by Warriors, looks for rebound Updated: May-05-16 6:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - First it was a chest cold, then it was a fourth-quarter dry spell. The start of Damian Lillard's playoff series against the Golden State Warriors has been rough.
- Former Lakers coach Byron Scott 'shocked' over firing Updated: May-05-16 6:16 am
LOS ANGELES - Former Los Angeles Lakers head coach Byron Scott says he thought he had more time to right the ship before the team fired him last week.
- 3 for all: Cavaliers make record 25 3-pointers, rout Hawks Updated: May-05-16 12:48 am
CLEVELAND - Your shot, Warriors.
- Hornets GM Cho: Re-signing Nicolas Batum 'No. 1 priority' Updated: May-04-16 4:19 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - General manager Rich Cho made it clear the Charlotte Hornets want to re-sign unrestricted free agent forward Nicolas Batum to a long-term contract.
- Draymond Green's fire drives Warriors in pursuit of title Updated: May-04-16 3:35 pm
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry might be the face of the Warriors with the breathtaking long-range shots and ball-handling that makes Golden State so appealing to watch.
- Warriors rally in fourth for 2-0 series lead on Portland Updated: May-04-16 2:04 am
OAKLAND, California - The defending champions mounted a remarkable comeback without MVP Stephen Curry.
- Warriors' Varejao says tripping Henderson not intentional Updated: May-03-16 6:01 pm
OAKLAND, California - Golden State backup big man Anderson Varejao insists he didn't deliberately trip Trail Blazers guard Gerald Henderson in Game 1 of their Western Conference semifinal playoff series.
- NBA: 5 incorrect non-calls at end of Spurs-Thunder game Updated: May-03-16 4:41 pm
NEW YORK - The NBA said Tuesday there were five incorrect non-calls on the wild final sequence in San Antonio, including a foul on Oklahoma City's Dion Waiters that referees earlier had already acknowledged they missed.
- Curry wins pro basketball writers' Magic Johnson Award Updated: May-03-16 3:03 pm
NEW YORK - Stephen Curry has won the Magic Johnson Award, given by the Professional Basketball Writers Association to an NBA player who combines excellence on the court with cooperation with the public and media.
- Thunder hold on beat Spurs 98-97, even series at 1-1 Updated: May-03-16 2:06 am
SAN ANTONIO - The Oklahoma City Thunder nearly gave the game away in a wild final sequence that referees acknowledge should have been blown dead before it started.
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents Updated: May-02-16 5:19 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hornets have a major decision ahead of them this offseason - keep the core group from a team that tied for the third-best record in the Eastern Conference or revamp the roster by adding new pieces.
- Rivers: Clippers will not trade Paul, Griffin or Jordan Updated: May-02-16 5:02 pm
LOS ANGELES - Doc Rivers said Monday that he would not break up the Los Angeles Clippers' big three of Chris Paul, Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan during the offseason - regardless of any trade offers that may arise.
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 Updated: May-01-16 10:54 pm
MIAMI - Dwyane Wade took a moment before tipoff Sunday to reflect on all that his Miami Heat endured this season.
- Oklahoma City still embarrassed by lopsided loss Updated: May-01-16 7:46 pm
- Blazers' Henderson, Warriors' Varejao ejected for 2 techs Updated: May-01-16 5:41 pm
- Walton has unfinished work with Warriors before Lakers job Updated: Apr-30-16 6:36 pm
OAKLAND, California - Luke Walton was in no rush to leave his job as an assistant coach with the Golden State Warriors.
- Battered and bloodied Clippers exit playoffs early again Updated: Apr-30-16 5:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - The battered and bloodied Los Angeles Clippers fought to the end only to exit the playoffs early once again.
- Blazers have proven the doubters wrong into the 2nd round Updated: Apr-30-16 3:31 am
- Blazers advance 4-2 with 106-103 victory over the Clippers Updated: Apr-30-16 3:01 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Even as they huddled after the victory that sent them through to the next round, the Portland Trail Blazers were drawing inspiration from the doubters.
- Austin Rivers' face is bloodied in game against Blazers Updated: Apr-30-16 12:13 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Los Angeles guard Austin Rivers left the Clippers' first-round playoff game against the Portland Trail Blazers on Friday night with a bloody cut above his left eye that required 11 stitches.
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Updated: Apr-29-16 11:45 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Dwyane Wade hadn't made a 3-point shot since December, enduring a streak of 22 consecutive misses.