- Jordan grabs 24 rebounds, Clippers beat Blazers 10 Updated: Dec-01-15 2:34 am
LOS ANGELES - The way the Portland Trail Blazers kept fouling DeAndre Jordan down the stretch in a feeble attempt to rally from a double-digit deficit was enough to turn anyone's stomach - Damian Lillard notwithstanding.
- Cousins returns, scores 31 to lead Kings past Mavs 112-98 Updated: Dec-01-15 2:24 am
SACRAMENTO, California - There's little doubt the Sacramento Kings are a much different team with DeMarcus Cousins in the lineup.
- The longest-tenured players from the 4 major US pro sports Updated: Dec-01-15 2:16 am
Kobe Bryant has announced that this season, his 20th with the Los Angeles Lakers, will be his last. Bryant is the first NBA player to spend that many years with one franchise, though it's not completely uncommon across the other pro sports in the United States.
- Warriors win 19th straight, 106-103 over the Jazz Updated: Dec-01-15 12:28 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Stephen Curry was held in relative check for most of Monday night. The reigning MVP and NBA's leading scorer had 16 points through three quarters as Draymond Green and other teammates did the heavy lifting.
- Monroe scores 18 in Bucks' 92-74 win over Nuggets Updated: Dec-01-15 12:05 am
MILWAUKEE - Michael Carter-Williams, who lost his starting job while struggling this season, had a new look Monday night.
- Millsap, Teague lead Hawks to 106-100 win over Thunder Updated: Nov-30-15 11:52 pm
ATLANTA - Russell Westbrook let out an emphatic scream at the top of the key, surely believing his fourth-quarter outburst would carry the Oklahoma City Thunder to another victory.
- Gasol gets double-double as Bulls beat Spurs 92-89 Updated: Nov-30-15 11:27 pm
CHICAGO - Pau Gasol punctuated his big block on LaMarcus Aldridge with a triumphant yell.
- Charges against ex-Spurs player Robertson dismissed Updated: Nov-30-15 11:26 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A judge has dismissed charges against former San Antonio Spurs player Alvin Robertson related to an alleged underage sex ring.
- Jackson and Drummond lift Pistons over Rockets Updated: Nov-30-15 11:23 pm
AUBURN HILLS, Michigan - It might have gotten lost in an endless parade of free throws, but Monday night proved something important about the Detroit Pistons.
- Timberwolves coach expects Rubio to play Tuesday vs. Magic Updated: Nov-30-15 8:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio is expected to return from a two-game absence when Minnesota plays Orlando on Tuesday night, coach Sam Mitchell said.
- Police still searching for killer of bookstore owner Updated: Nov-30-15 5:20 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say they have not given up on solving the 2010 stabbing death of a bookstore owner who is the mother-in-law of a Utah Jazz executive.
- Kobe Bryant says he will retire at end of season Updated: Nov-30-15 2:50 am
LOS ANGELES - After 20 years in a Lakers uniform and a lifetime in basketball, Kobe Bryant determined that his aching body and his passion for the game had both grown weaker than his excitement about the future.
- Kobe scores 13 after announcement, but Pacers beat Lakers Updated: Nov-30-15 1:34 am
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant drained a 3-pointer with 11 seconds left in a one-point game, and the Lakers' crowd roared with a mix of excitement and nostalgia for the transcendent moments of its beloved star's now-finite career.
- Rockets rally in fourth, beat Knicks 116-111 in overtime Updated: Nov-29-15 11:46 pm
NEW YORK - It took almost the whole game, but the Rockets finally took a lead and held it.
- 76ers tie NBA worst with 0-18 start after loss to Grizzlies Updated: Nov-29-15 10:59 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Philadelphia 76ers were again poised to end their losing streak. And, as has happened lately, they were unable to close the deal.
- Eric Bledsoe powers Suns past Raptors, 107-102 Updated: Nov-29-15 10:33 pm
TORONTO - Eric Bledsoe wasted little time atoning for a missed free throw with just 12.3 seconds to go.
- Griffin helps Clippers beat Wolves for 13th straight time Updated: Nov-29-15 7:44 pm
- Anthony sitting out Knicks' game vs Rockets for illness Updated: Nov-29-15 7:34 pm
NEW YORK - Carmelo Anthony is sitting out the Knicks' game against Houston because of an illness.
- Kobe Bryant, by the numbers Updated: Nov-29-15 7:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - Highlights of Kobe Bryant's NBA career, which he said Sunday will end at the conclusion of the season (all statistics entering Sunday):
- Walker scores 22, Hornets hold off Bucks Updated: Nov-29-15 5:40 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Charlotte Hornets are finding ways to win games this season, even without big man Al Jefferson.
- Hornets C Jefferson out with left calf strain Updated: Nov-29-15 3:06 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Charlotte Hornets center Al Jefferson suffered an injury to his left leg in the first quarter of Sunday's game against the Milwaukee Bucks, with team officials calling his return "doubtful."
- Warriors run NBA-record start to 18-0, beat Kings 120-101 Updated: Nov-29-15 2:16 am
OAKLAND, California - Stephen Curry scored 19 points in Golden State's NBA-record 18th straight win at the start of a season, but what he didn't do against the Sacramento Kings was just as important to the defending champion Warriors.
- Blazers hand Lakers 5th straight loss with 108-96 win Updated: Nov-29-15 1:45 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Damian Lillard says part of his job is recognizing when a teammate is hot. CJ McCollum certainly was against the Lakers.
- Mavericks score first 16 points of second half, beat Nuggets Updated: Nov-29-15 12:48 am
DALLAS - The Dallas Mavericks could point to the best defensive quarter in the team's 36-year history for ending a three-game losing streak.
- Burks scores 21 as Jazz pull away from Pelicans 101-87 Updated: Nov-29-15 12:43 am
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Jazz are no longer learning to play with Alec Burks, who missed most of last season with a shoulder injury. Coach Quin Snyder said the adjustment period is over.