- In this generation, 3-pointers are paramount in the playoffs Updated: May-22-15 2:38 am
Those notable names of the past, the ones still insisting that NBA playoff offenses must pound the ball inside, have been awfully quiet this week.
- Harden loses ball at end of Rockets' 99-98 loss to Warriors Updated: May-22-15 1:47 am
OAKLAND, California - The Houston Rockets couldn't have scripted it any better.
- Warriors hold off Harden, Rockets 99-98 to take 2-0 lead Updated: May-22-15 12:56 am
OAKLAND, California - James Harden had Game 2 on his fingertips - and then he didn't.
- Gentry interviews with Pelicans, still focused on Warriors Updated: May-21-15 8:32 pm
OAKLAND, California - Golden State Warriors coach Steve Kerr acknowledged Thursday that top assistant Alvin Gentry interviewed for the vacant New Orleans Pelicans' job.
- Curry, James unanimous selections to All-NBA first team Updated: May-21-15 3:07 pm
NEW YORK - Golden State's Stephen Curry, the league MVP, and LeBron James are the only unanimous selections to the All-NBA first team.
- Leonard, 2 Clippers on NBA's All-Defensive first team Updated: May-20-15 9:48 pm
- Nuggets center Nurkic undergoes surgery to fix torn tendon Updated: May-20-15 8:38 pm
DENVER - The Denver Nuggets say rookie center Jusuf Nurkic underwent surgery to fix a torn left patellar tendon.
- Warriors' Curry fined $5,000 for flop in Game 1 vs Rockets Updated: May-20-15 7:32 pm
- Rockets' Howard unsure if he can play in Game 2 vs Warriors Updated: May-20-15 6:16 pm
OAKLAND, California - Houston Rockets center Dwight Howard has a sprained left knee and is unsure whether he'll be able to play against Golden State in Game 2 of the Western Conference finals Thursday night.
- Wolves finally come out on top after heartache, bad luck Updated: May-20-15 2:36 am
- Timberwolves win draft lottery, Lakers move to No. 2 Updated: May-19-15 10:47 pm
NEW YORK - The Minnesota Timberwolves too often came to the NBA draft lottery and left in worse shape than they arrived.
- Utah Jazz receive No. 12 pick in NBA draft Updated: May-19-15 9:15 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Utah Jazz will have the No. 12 pick in the NBA draft.
- Thunder G Westbrook wins NBA Cares award Updated: May-19-15 8:39 pm
- Judge opts to close trial involving Saints, Pelicans owner Updated: May-19-15 7:51 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A judge has decided to bar the public from a trial in which estranged heirs of New Orleans Saints and Pelicans owner Tom Benson intend to argue that their patriarch was mentally unfit when he ousted them from ownership stakes in the franchises.
- Calipari: 'Not interested' in vacant Pelicans coaching job Updated: May-19-15 2:06 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - John Calipari says he's not interested in the New Orleans Pelicans' coaching job and is happy at Kentucky.
- Rockets depth proves important in playoffs Updated: May-19-15 2:45 am
- All-Star center Marc Gasol will consider free agency options Updated: May-18-15 7:06 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Grizzlies head into the offseason with a major goal: re-signing their free agent All-Star center.
- Changes may be in order after Clippers' playoff collapse Updated: May-18-15 3:30 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Clippers were on the verge of finally shedding the dubious reputation that has dogged them for decades only to lose in the second round of the playoffs for the third time in four years.
- Timberwolves' Wiggins, LaVine on All-Rookie teams Updated: May-18-15 2:56 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota's Andrew Wiggins has pulled down another honor with a spot on the NBA's All-Rookie first team.
- Blazers' LaMarcus Aldridge has surgery on left thumb Updated: May-18-15 2:42 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - Trail Blazers forward LaMarcus Aldridge had surgery Monday to repair a ligament in his left thumb.
- Rockets bounce back to advance to conference finals Updated: May-18-15 2:22 am
- Warriors coach Steve Kerr coming through in playoffs again Updated: May-17-15 9:03 pm
OAKLAND, California - With the stakes high and fans ready to question and critique every move, Steve Kerr knew he'd be in the spotlight no matter how things played out this postseason.
- Rockets back in conference finals first 1st time since '97 Updated: May-17-15 8:05 pm
- Lack of outside shooting costs Grizzlies in playoffs again Updated: May-16-15 12:42 pm
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - For the fifth straight year, the Memphis Grizzlies have come up short of the NBA championship they want so badly.
- No longer just a dunker, Griffin emerges as playoff star Updated: May-16-15 11:02 am
LOS ANGELES - Every NBA fan knows Blake Griffin, resident dunk-monster of Lob City. His one-handed jams have been fodder for highlight reels since his pro career began five years ago.