- Breakout seasons abound for surprising Suns Updated: Apr-17-14 8:56 pm
- LA Lakers wrap lousy season with uncertain future Updated: Apr-17-14 8:47 pm
- Utah's rebuilding season proves difficult Updated: Apr-17-14 8:30 pm
- Suns join list of 'best' teams to miss playoffs Updated: Apr-17-14 7:12 pm
- Ellis plays key role in Mavs' playoff berth Updated: Apr-17-14 7:05 pm
- The boring part of the year is over for the Heat Updated: Apr-17-14 6:38 pm
- Disappointed Wolves enter offseason of uncertainty Updated: Apr-17-14 6:27 pm
- 3-point threat Miller also Grizzlies' iron man Updated: Apr-17-14 4:32 pm
- Davis provided hope for Pelicans, but needs help Updated: Apr-17-14 4:15 pm
- Nuggets staying home for first time in decade Updated: Apr-17-14 3:00 pm
- Sacramento Kings' 'new era' off to slow start Updated: Apr-17-14 1:41 pm
- South Dakota man sues over burst exercise ball Updated: Apr-17-14 9:14 am
- Blazers defeat Clippers 110-102 Updated: Apr-17-14 2:42 am
- Goodwin helps Suns to 104-99 win over Kings Updated: Apr-17-14 2:21 am
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets Updated: Apr-17-14 2:19 am
- Durant has 42, Thunder beat Pistons 112-111 Updated: Apr-17-14 12:24 am
- Grizzlies grab 7th seed, beat Dallas 106-105 in OT Updated: Apr-17-14 12:21 am
- Burke's 32 lift Jazz over Wolves in the finale Updated: Apr-17-14 12:09 am
- Evans leads Pelicans past Rockets, 105-100 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:59 pm
- Knicks beat Raptors, who get No. 3 seed anyway Updated: Apr-16-14 11:50 pm
- Hill leads Lakers over Spurs in finale, 113-100 Updated: Apr-16-14 11:44 pm
- Demps likes Pelicans' core, expects all back Updated: Apr-16-14 5:07 pm
- Griffin has to sit out finale for technical fouls Updated: Apr-16-14 3:20 pm
- Clippers beat Nuggets 117-105 for record 57th win Updated: Apr-16-14 2:35 am
- Griffin's 16th tech triggers 1-game suspension Updated: Apr-16-14 12:14 am
PHOENIX - The plan seemed simple to outsiders when the Phoenix Suns' season began.
LOS ANGELES - Although one of the worst seasons in Los Angeles Lakers history mercifully ended Wednesday night in San Antonio, the drama around the 16-time NBA champions is never finished.
SALT LAKE CITY - The long, difficult season showed on the faces of Utah Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin and leading scorer Gordon Hayward.
PHOENIX - The Phoenix Suns are the "best team not to make the playoffs."
DALLAS - Monta Ellis had just missed a jumper that could have lifted Dallas out of a matchup with top-seeded San Antonio in the first round of the playoffs.
MINNEAPOLIS - Kevin Love sat in front of his locker after the Minnesota Timberwolves' season came to a close, his sixth year in the NBA and his sixth without a trip to the playoffs.
NEW ORLEANS - The way Anthony Davis blossomed into an All-Star before he'd even turned 21 provided the Pelicans with hope for the future during an otherwise bleak season.
DENVER - The Denver Nuggets aren't accustomed to cleaning out their lockers in April.
SACRAMENTO, California - This season was supposed to be the start of a "new era" for the Sacramento Kings, as owner Vivek Ranadive proclaimed over and over again when he took over last year.
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A South Dakota man who claims he was permanently injured by an exercise ball that burst is suing the product's manufacturer for negligence.
PORTLAND, Oregon - Leaving the Trail Blazers' locker room following the regular-season finale, Wesley Matthews was wished well in the playoffs.
SACRAMENTO, California - A season-ending victory proved meaningless for the Phoenix Suns, who will be remembered for having one of the best records in NBA history that wasn't good enough to make the playoffs.
DENVER - Fresh legs beat fatigue.
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The Memphis Grizzlies had every reason to ease up in the regular season finale after pushing hard the past three months to reach the postseason.
MINNEAPOLIS - Rick Adelman trudged off the basketball court for maybe the final time in his professional life and he couldn't hide the disappointment.
NEW ORLEANS - Tyreke Evans' sore right knee - and long-term contract - gave him every reason to sit out the final two games of a losing season with the Pelicans.
NEW YORK - The Knicks lingered on the court, soaking in the cheers from the fans wearing those giveaway orange shirts that were probably meant for the playoffs.
NEW ORLEANS - The left knee surgery Eric Gordon had scheduled on Wednesday was little more than an arthroscopic "cleanup" and all five of New Orleans' injured regulars should be ready for the start of next training camp, Pelicans general manager Dell Demps said Wednesday.
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin has been suspended for a game after getting his 16th technical foul this season.
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin won't be playing in Portland, regardless of whether his 16th technical of the season is rescinded.
LOS ANGELES - Blake Griffin has picked up his 16th technical foul of the season, triggering a league-mandated one-game suspension.