- Bill prohibiting jail for fines heads to governor Updated: Apr-23-14 6:10 pm
- Town sued over anonymous political literature ban Updated: Apr-15-14 12:31 pm
- Arkansas to appeal ruling on 12-week abortion ban Updated: Apr-11-14 3:04 pm
- Mass. ACLU sues for documents about terrorism unit Updated: Apr-10-14 6:54 pm
- ACLU claims Hawaii preschool aid unconstitutional Updated: Apr-02-14 2:42 pm
DENVER - A proposal to stop jailing poor people for being unable to pay municipal court fines is expected to be signed into law in Colorado.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union is suing the town of Smithfield to keep it from enforcing a ban on anonymous political literature.
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Dustin McDaniel said Friday he'll appeal a federal judge's decision to strike down a state law that banned most abortions 12 weeks into a woman's pregnancy, one of the strictest prohibitions on the procedure in the nation.
BOSTON - The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts filed a lawsuit Thursday against the FBI and the U.S. Attorney in Boston for failing to provide documents about a joint terrorism unit involved in the Boston Marathon bombing investigation including a Florida man allegedly linked to one of the bombers.
HONOLULU - The American Civil Liberties Union of Hawaii wants a court to order the state to stop providing preschool tuition subsidies for children attending religious institutions.