- McCrory joins court brief in Virginia district case Updated: Dec-01-15 7:34 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Gov. Pat McCrory says he's put his name on a court brief siding with a Virginia school district sued over a transgender teenager and the use of bathrooms.
- Indiana governor faces lawsuit for blocking Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-24-15 4:24 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A lawsuit challenging the Indiana governor's decision to stop state agencies from helping resettle Syrian refugees alleges that the action wrongly targets the refugees based on their nationality and violates the U.S. Constitution and federal law.
- The Latest: Indiana governor stands by Syrian refugee order Updated: Nov-24-15 1:13 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The latest in the dispute over the Indiana governor's attempt to prevent Syrian refugees from resettling in the state (all times local):
- NY court: Targeted killings memos can be kept secret Updated: Nov-23-15 10:02 pm
NEW YORK - The U.S. government can keep secret various memos related to its legal justification for using drones to kill citizens suspected of terrorism overseas, a federal appeals court said in a decision unsealed Monday.
- ACLU says Kentucky clerk should have to reissue licenses Updated: Nov-20-15 5:29 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - The American Civil Liberties Union says a Kentucky county clerk's office should reissue altered marriage licenses even though the governor has promised to recognize them as valid.
- Minnesota ACLU announces app to record police interactions Updated: Nov-13-15 2:48 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The American Civil Liberties Union of Minnesota launched a free mobile app Friday that allows users to record interactions with police officers on their smartphones and submit video to the ACLU if they feel their rights were violated.
- ACLU urges 'smart justice' on New Mexico public safety bills Updated: Nov-11-15 5:01 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The American Civil Liberties Union of New Mexico is urging state lawmakers to think through various public safety proposals and consider their possible effects on civil rights.