- Group divided over how to cut Washington emissions Updated: Dec-04-13 3:34 pm
- Sierra Club backs Michaud in Maine governor's race Updated: Nov-25-13 2:43 pm
- AP: Public campaign financing push gains support Updated: Nov-19-13 7:52 pm
- Funding short for buying new conservation lands Updated: Nov-18-13 10:40 am
- Environmentalists Peabody permit rejected Updated: Nov-12-13 6:24 pm
- Maine lawmakers urging study of dredging proposal Updated: Nov-06-13 4:06 am
SEATTLE - Gov. Jay Inslee stood with the governors of California and Oregon and a Canadian province official several weeks ago and agreed to put a price on greenhouse gas pollution and mandate the use of cleaner-burning fuels.
PORTLAND, Maine - The Sierra Club is endorsing Democrat Mike Michaud over independent Eliot Cutler in the governor's race, announcing a yearlong education effort that will likely be backed by spending from the national group with a goal of preventing Republican Gov. Paul LePage from winning a second term, the group said Monday.
ALBANY, New York - Some of the nation's biggest and most influential supporters of environmental and civic causes joined the effort Tuesday to bring public financing of political campaigns to New York.
SARASOTA, Florida - Much of the land that the state considered surplus conservation land that could be sold to raise money for the purchase other environmentally sensitive lands turned out to be worth conserving - leaving Florida with less money to spend on other land needed to protect natural resources.
INDIANAPOLIS - Two environmental groups have asked the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to reject a permit Peabody Energy Corp. needs to expand one of its Indiana coal mines, arguing that the company hasn't fully assessed the project's environmental impacts.
BELFAST, Maine - Maine lawmakers and environmentalists are seeking a comprehensive study of a proposal to dredge part of Penobscot Bay.