- Environmental groups sue to stop Illiana Tollway Updated: Apr-17-14 6:49 pm
- Illinois agency aims to alter coal defender image Updated: Apr-04-14 3:40 pm
- Feds: No listing for Southeast herring Updated: Apr-02-14 4:36 pm
- Environmental groups sue EPA over haze plan Updated: Apr-02-14 11:16 am
- Clarification: Oil Drilling Taxes story Updated: Mar-27-14 3:56 pm
- Groups raise pressure against coal-export proposal Updated: Mar-25-14 8:26 pm
- Ohio wind turbine project gets groups' support Updated: Mar-22-14 10:49 am
- Big businesses fight over Indiana energy program Updated: Mar-20-14 7:56 pm
- NJ KOs plan for wind power farm off Atlantic City Updated: Mar-19-14 4:27 pm
- Lawsuit claims coal pollutes Mississippi River Updated: Mar-18-14 3:52 pm
CHICAGO - Chicago environmental groups filed a lawsuit Thursday to stop the proposed $1.3 billion Illiana Tollway linking northern Illinois and northwestern Indiana, claiming the Illinois Department of Transportation doesn't have authority to develop it.
ST. LOUIS - The Illinois Department of Natural Resources, often criticized as advocating for the coal industry, announced a series of reforms this week meant to help repair the agency's image and make it more responsive to the public.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - There's an abundant number of Southeast Alaska Pacific herring, and the species doesn't warrant a listing under the Endangered Species Act, a federal agency announced Wednesday.
CASPER, Wyoming - Environmental groups contend that the regional haze plan proposed by the Environmental Protection Agency for Wyoming isn't tough enough.
LANSING, Michigan - In a March 19 story, The Associated Press paraphrased George Peridas, a Natural Resources Defense Council environmental scientist, as saying that sustainable energy is still a luxury at this time. Peridas instead said that sustainable energy production currently is dwarfed by fossil fuel production.
SALEM, Oregon - Environmental groups stepped up pressure Tuesday on Oregon Gov. John Kitzhaber to push a state agency to reject permit applications for a proposed coal-export facility on the Columbia River.
CLEVELAND - A nonprofit company proposing wind turbines off the coast of Cleveland to test and pilot a fresh-water wind farm on Lake Erie has won support from several environmental groups as it works to win critical state and federal permits.
INDIANAPOLIS - Two giant corporations which sell products that save electricity have weighed in to try to rescue an Indiana program designed to promote energy efficiency, pitting them against other big businesses who want Gov. Mike Pence to kill it.
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - New Jersey energy regulators took the air out of a $188 million plan to build a wind power farm off the coast of Atlantic City on Wednesday, rejecting the plan as too financially risky.
NEW ORLEANS - A coal terminal south of New Orleans has been polluting the Mississippi River for years and continues to do so daily, three environmental groups claim in a federal lawsuit.