- Activists: Stop gas terminal off New York, New Jersey coasts Updated: Oct-06-15 7:14 pm
SEA BRIGHT, New Jersey - Environmentalists and some elected officials are calling on the governors of New York and New Jersey to oppose a proposal for a liquefied natural gas import terminal off both states' coasts.
- Sierra Club: Toxic pollutant limits good news for Indiana Updated: Oct-01-15 3:40 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Sierra Club says new federal standards for mercury, lead and other toxic pollutants that coal-fired power plants discharge into rivers and streams are good news for Indiana's waterways and its residents.
- Economists question Bush's prescription for lower gas prices Updated: Sep-29-15 9:41 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The link between ending a 40-year oil export ban and lower prices at the gas pump is not as direct as Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush would have voters believe in his new energy proposal, industry economists said Tuesday.
- Sierra Club sues EPA over haze from Louisiana coal plants Updated: Sep-22-15 7:43 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Sierra Club is suing the Environmental Protection Agency to force the regulator to make sure Louisiana's coal-powered plants cut down on haze-causing pollution, and thereby clear up the skies above wilderness areas in Louisiana and Arkansas.
- Notre Dame says plan to stop burning coal pays for itself Updated: Sep-21-15 7:01 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - Notre Dame officials said Monday that a plan to phase out coal-burning power plants over the next five years will ultimately pay for itself through lower energy costs.
- 'Foothold' trap regulation draws fire from advocacy groups Updated: Sep-12-15 11:38 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Environmental groups are challenging a new state regulation that has revived a debate over a 1980s-era law requiring the humane trapping of wildlife such as raccoons.
- Group wants final plan on haze from EPA for Arkansas Updated: Sep-09-15 4:45 pm