- Germany's Merkel calls Putin to discuss Ukraine Updated: Apr-15-14 3:52 pm
- Merkel, in Athens, praises Greek reform progress Updated: Apr-11-14 1:55 pm
- Obama calls Merkel to 'check in' on Ukraine crisis Updated: Apr-10-14 9:10 pm
- Head of German NSA inquiry quits over Snowden row Updated: Apr-09-14 6:43 am
- Germany salvages companies' power discounts Updated: Apr-08-14 2:07 pm
- New French finance minister coy on deficit hopes Updated: Apr-07-14 7:35 am
- China's Xi presides over business deals in Germany Updated: Mar-28-14 2:28 pm
- Ukraine spotlights Germany's nuclear power switch Updated: Mar-27-14 1:33 pm
- Merkel: Russia faces more sanctions, G8 suspended Updated: Mar-20-14 5:01 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece won praise Friday from German Chancellor Angela Merkel - the lead advocate of eurozone austerity - for its painful economic turnaround and successful return to markets.
ABOARD AIR FORCE ONE - The White House says President Barack Obama has discussed the situation in Ukraine with German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
BERLIN - Germany said Tuesday that it will reduce the number of companies allowed to receive discounts on their electricity bills as part of an effort to satisfy European Union concerns.
BERLIN - France's new finance minister has stressed the need to strike a balance between stronger economic growth and fulfilling Paris' deficit-cutting commitments.
BERLIN - Chinese President Xi Jinping presided over the signing of a string of deals with automakers and others as he started a visit to Germany on Friday, while Chancellor Angela Merkel prodded him on the importance of free speech.
BERLIN - The crisis in Ukraine has added an extra dose of uncertainty to German Chancellor Angela Merkel's biggest domestic project: shifting the country from nuclear to renewable energy sources.