- Holocaust survivor dies before reparations hearing Updated: Mar-10-14 8:14 am
- Court won't reconsider bail counsel requirement Updated: Mar-07-14 7:26 pm
- Md. Senate panel makes budget decisions Updated: Mar-07-14 5:25 pm
- Natural Resources confirmation clears Senate Updated: Mar-07-14 2:55 pm
- Here's how Md. House members voted on minimum wage Updated: Mar-07-14 2:51 pm
- Md. House approves minimum wage hike Updated: Mar-07-14 2:01 pm
- Md. House passes needle exchange expansion Updated: Mar-07-14 12:13 pm
- Senator: Technology warrants new privacy laws Updated: Mar-06-14 6:37 pm
- Md. revenues $238M less than projected Updated: Mar-06-14 5:58 pm
- Protective order bill clears House unanimously Updated: Mar-06-14 5:34 pm
- House considers raising estate tax exemption Updated: Mar-05-14 5:44 pm
- Md. House bill would link gun, criminal registries Updated: Mar-04-14 6:47 pm
- Senate OKs bill to stop transgender discrimination Updated: Mar-04-14 12:13 pm
- Hearing to be held on DNR secretary nominee Updated: Mar-03-14 4:20 am
- Nonpublic schools to rally for tax credit Updated: Mar-03-14 2:19 am
- Correction: XGR--Medical Marijuana story Updated: Mar-01-14 4:41 pm
- Md. House passes bill criminalizing 'revenge porn' Updated: Feb-28-14 5:25 pm
- Md. Senate set to vote on transgender bill Updated: Feb-28-14 4:49 am
- Bills to facilitate medical marijuana to be heard Updated: Feb-28-14 2:19 am
- Report: Md. health exchange glitch may cost $30.5M Updated: Feb-27-14 7:49 pm
- Delegate argues for 6-month foreclosure freeze Updated: Feb-27-14 5:56 pm
- Md. roadside zoos object to proposed restrictions Updated: Feb-27-14 2:34 pm
- Bill raises pay for people serving disabled Updated: Feb-27-14 1:45 pm
- Md. Senate passes bill to legalize home wagering Updated: Feb-27-14 1:25 pm
- Senate advances bill to help stop jail contraband Updated: Feb-27-14 1:10 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A Maryland bill related to Holocaust reparations is getting a hearing, but without testimony expected from Holocaust survivor Leo Bretholz, who died over the weekend.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's highest court will not reconsider its decision that defendants have a constitutional right to legal counsel at their earliest bail hearings.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland senators on a key state spending panel voted Friday to plug a budget hole by using more money initially planned to strengthen the finances of the state pension system.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Joseph Gill's appointment as secretary of the Department of Natural Resources has cleared the Maryland Senate.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Here's how members of the Maryland House of Delegates voted to phase in a minimum wage increase from $7.25 an hour to $10.10 over three years. The vote was 89-46. A vote of 71 was needed.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland House of Delegates voted Friday to phase in an increase in the state's minimum wage from $7.25 an hour to $10.10 by 2017.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland House of Delegates has passed a measure to allow drug users to get more than one clean needle at one time in Baltimore's needle exchange program.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Sen. Christopher Shank says government agencies can learn a great deal about people by just tracking their movements via cellphones and license plates, so Maryland needs stricter protections to keep pace with new surveillance technology.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland lawmakers will be wrestling with a bigger budget problem than they expected, after officials revised the state's revenues down by about $238 million on Thursday for the current fiscal year and the next.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A bill that would make it easier for abuse victims to obtain protective orders cleared the House of Delegates with a unanimous vote on Thursday.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Some nonprofit organizations say Maryland's estate tax is driving their wealthy donors out of state during retirement. They support a new bill raising the estate tax exemption to $5.34 million per spouse.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The House of Delegates is considering a bill that would link Maryland's gun registry to its criminal database.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland Senate has passed a bill to prevent discrimination against people who are transgender.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A hearing is scheduled on the nomination of a new secretary for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's nonpublic schools are pushing for a business tax credit to encourage investments in schools.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - In a story Feb. 28 about medical marijuana legislation in Maryland, The Associated Press incorrectly identified a child who died after his family considered moving from Maryland to Colorado as being named Logan. The child who died was named Gavin.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland House of Delegates on Friday unanimously passed a bill making it a misdemeanor to post so-called "revenge porn" online.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's Senate is set to vote on a bill to protect transgender people from discrimination in housing, employment and other areas.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Measures to facilitate medical marijuana in Maryland will be getting a hearing.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A problem with Maryland's defective health care exchange could cost the state $30.5 million, because the state is unable to determine whether people remain eligible for Medicaid, according to a report by state budget analysts released Thursday.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland has one of the highest foreclosure rates in the nation, and some of the state's legislators want more homeowner protections to drive the numbers down - including a six-month foreclosure freeze.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Three Maryland roadside zoos are objecting to a bill in the General Assembly that could bar them from obtaining new big cats, bears and primates.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A measure in Maryland would ensure people who provide direct service to the developmentally disabled would get a pay raise, if the state raises its minimum wage.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland Senate has passed a measure allowing wagering on games of chance at home.
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Both chambers of the Maryland legislature have approved bills that would raise the penalties for inmates and correctional officers caught smuggling in contraband.