- Maryland lawmakers form workgroup to examine policing Updated: May-05-15 6:05 pm
BALTIMORE - Maryland lawmakers have named a workgroup to examine public safety and policing practices.
- Maryland addressing heroin OD problem on multiple fronts Updated: Apr-16-15 5:49 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's rising rate of fatal heroin overdoses might not have one cure, but lawmakers and activists are hoping a combination of actions will be a step in the right direction.
- Ride-share service bill hailed by Maryland lawmakers Updated: Apr-15-15 4:52 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - An eleventh-hour bill addressing the regulation of ride-share companies like Uber and Lyft is being hailed by stakeholders on both sides of the meter.
- After legislative session, questions remain on spending Updated: Apr-14-15 5:56 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republican Gov. Larry Hogan and Maryland's Democratic leaders were conciliatory Tuesday morning in the aftermath of a late-session battle about state spending.
- Better luck next year for bills that didn't make it Updated: Apr-14-15 5:14 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - From alcohol licenses to zoning issues, more than 2,300 bills and resolutions were introduced during the 2015 Maryland legislative session that ended Monday night.
- Md. budget passed amid disagreement with governor, lawmakers Updated: Apr-14-15 6:59 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland's Democratic-led Legislature approved scaled-back versions of some of Republican Gov. Larry Hogan's priorities Monday night as the state's 90-day legislative session ended, but Democrats battled with Hogan over the state's $40 billion budget.
- Md. lawmakers approve mandated full funding for GCEI Updated: Apr-14-15 12:16 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A Maryland funding formula that sends more money to parts of the state where education is more expensive would have to be fully funded in the budget for the next fiscal year, or else it would have to be fully funded the following year.
- Md. House votes 138-1 to end state-mandated stormwater fees Updated: Apr-13-15 11:02 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - State-mandated stormwater fees would end under a bill headed to Gov. Larry Hogan's desk.
- Decades old information act gets 21st century update Updated: Apr-13-15 10:55 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A bill to update Maryland's public information act is heading to the governor's desk.
- Md. lawmakers pass public campaign finance bill Updated: Apr-13-15 10:53 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly has approved a bill to bring back a voluntary check off on individual income tax returns for public campaign financing for governor.
- Md. lawmakers pass film tax credit measure Updated: Apr-13-15 4:29 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The amount of film tax credits for producers of movies and television shows in Maryland will be determined by the governor, under a bill that has cleared the Maryland General Assembly.
- Md. Democrats make overture to governor on budget Updated: Apr-10-15 7:53 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Democrats on a budget negotiating team agreed Friday on some measures they hope will encourage Republican Gov. Larry Hogan to support added money for education and break a standoff on the state's $40 billion budget.
- Md. lawmakers OK fracking ban until late 2017 Updated: Apr-10-15 6:56 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly has passed a measure to prohibit fracking permits in the state until October 2017.
- Md. OKs birth certificate bill for transgender residents Updated: Apr-08-15 2:13 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A measure to make it easier for transgender residents to get new birth certificates has cleared the Maryland General Assembly.
- Md. General Assembly approves bill to help prevent fraud Updated: Apr-08-15 2:04 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland General Assembly has approved a measure aimed at stopping fraud and abuse in state and local government.
- Senate supports bill calling for amendments convention Updated: Apr-08-15 2:02 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A resolution calling for a national convention to amend the U.S. Constitution is making progress in the Maryland General Assembly.
- Maryland union assails tax credits to private school donors Updated: Apr-08-15 12:08 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The president of a teachers union is urging Maryland lawmakers to reject a tax-credit backed by Republican Gov. Larry Hogan for businesses that support students who attend private schools.
- Critics: Governor's education tax credit not making grade Updated: Apr-08-15 4:19 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Critics of Gov. Larry Hogan's education tax credit are speaking out against his proposal.
- Prince George's county executive to endorse Van Hollen Updated: Apr-07-15 8:37 pm
UPPER MARLBORO, Maryland - Maryland Rep. Chris Van Hollen's campaign says Prince George's County Executive Rushern Baker will endorse Hollen for U.S. Senate.
- Maryland House OKs ban on powdered alcohol Updated: Apr-07-15 11:37 am
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Maryland House of Delegates has voted to ban powdered alcohol.
- 'Fight Club' actor speaks out against fracking Updated: Apr-07-15 2:49 am
- Bill requiring paid sick days not advancing in Maryland Updated: Apr-06-15 8:53 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - A measure to require paid sick leave in Maryland is not moving forward in the Legislature this year.
- AP Interview: Hogan says budget 'a long way' from resolved Updated: Apr-06-15 5:47 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said Monday that he is concerned about how his legislative agenda and Maryland budget measures are progressing, as the Democratic-led Legislature enters the last week of its annual session.