- Militants kill 3 security troops in NW Pakistan Updated: Dec-01-13 1:17 am
- Pakistan PM in Kabul discusses Taliban Updated: Nov-30-13 10:34 am
- Pakistan releases 3 senior Taliban prisoners Updated: Nov-26-13 12:37 pm
- India fears more militants as US quits Afghanistan Updated: Nov-09-13 6:22 am
- Malala plotter chosen as Pakistani Taliban chief Updated: Nov-07-13 2:03 pm
ISLAMABAD - Pakistani Intelligence officials say gunmen attacked a security convoy near a checkpoint in a tribal region close to the Afghan border, killing three soldiers and injuring two others.
KABUL, Afghanistan - Pakistan's prime minister said Saturday that the recent release of a senior Taliban leader shows he is committed to helping bring peace to Afghanistan.
ISLAMABAD - The Pakistani government released three senior Taliban prisoners Tuesday in an attempt to jumpstart stuttering peace talks with the Afghan government, the latest in a wave of detainees freed to help negotiations, said Pakistani and Taliban officials.
SRINAGAR, India - India is bracing for more militancy in the battle-scarred region of Kashmir, believing that fighters now focused on resisting U.S.-led troops in Afghanistan will shift toward the Himalayan flashpoint with Pakistan.
DERA ISMAIL KHAN, Pakistan - The ruthless commander behind the attack on teenage activist Malala Yousafzai as well as a series of bombings and beheadings was chosen Thursday as the leader of the Pakistani Taliban, nearly a week after a U.S. drone strike killed the previous chief.