- Pakistan army training aircraft crashes, 2 dead Updated: Feb-09-16 9:33 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's army says a training aircraft has crashed near Gujranwala in the eastern Punjab province, killing the instructor and trainee who were on board.
- Indian soldier buried by avalanche saved; 9 bodies recovered Updated: Feb-09-16 7:22 am
SRINAGAR, India - An Indian soldier buried by an avalanche for six days in the Himalayan region of Kashmir has been found alive and was pulled from the snow, along with the bodies of nine other soldiers, officials said Tuesday.
- Pakistan commemorates 'Kashmir Day' Updated: Feb-05-16 9:49 am
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's Prime Minister on Friday called for resolving the lingering issue of Kashmir in accordance with U.N. Security Council resolutions, saying the credibility of the global organization will be at stake if it fails to implement its own decisions.
- Bangladesh sentences 2 more to death in 1971 war crimes Updated: Feb-02-16 6:03 am
NEW DELHI - A special war crimes tribunal in Bangladesh on Tuesday sentenced two more men to death after finding them guilty of killing, kidnapping and looting during the country's independence war against Pakistan in 1971.
- Pakistan university latest target of militant attacks Updated: Jan-20-16 2:48 pm
ISLAMABAD - The attack on the Bacha Khan University in northwestern Pakistan on Wednesday, which killed 20 people and was claimed by a breakaway Taliban faction, is the latest in a series of attacks spanning more than a decade.
- The Latest: Taliban spokesman disowns university attack Updated: Jan-20-16 7:29 am
CHARSADDA, Pakistan - The latest developments in a Taliban attack on university in northwestern Pakistan that killed 20 and triggered an hours-long gunbattle with the army and police before the assault ended. All times local.
- Pakistan offers to host Saudi-Iran reconciliation talks Updated: Jan-19-16 2:38 pm
ISLAMABAD - Pakistan's prime minister offered Tuesday to host talks between Iran and Saudi Arabia aimed at resolving disputes between the Middle Eastern rivals.
- Pakistan, Afghanistan, China, US seek roadmap to peace Updated: Jan-11-16 3:46 pm
ISLAMABAD - Four countries __ Afghanistan, Pakistan, China and the United States __ were cloistered away late into the night Monday trying to lay a foundation they hope will eventually lead to peace talks between the Afghan government and Taliban fighters. But in the end, the biggest decision that appeared to be reached was to meet again.