- The Latest: Palestinians meet UN official to protest attacks Updated: Oct-08-15 4:54 pm
JERUSALEM - The latest developments in ongoing tensions between Palestinians and Israelis following days of violence in Jerusalem and the West Bank (all times local).
- UN wants another year for Haiti peacekeeping mission Updated: Oct-08-15 2:05 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. secretary-general is recommending that the U.N. peacekeeping mission in Haiti stay for another year - which might be its final one.
- The Latest: UN: 'Christian refugees only' policy dangerous Updated: Oct-08-15 1:53 pm
LUXEMBOURG - The latest developments as hundreds of thousands of people seeking safety make an epic trek through Europe. All times local.
- UN: Polio vaccines in Ukraine safe despite local concerns Updated: Oct-08-15 1:26 pm
LONDON - The World Health Organization says it's worried that millions of doses of polio vaccine might be wasted in Ukraine after a patient group raised concerns that the doses are unsafe.
- UN orders audit of 2 foundations linked to bribery case Updated: Oct-08-15 1:10 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon ordered an audit Thursday of two foundations whose leaders are linked to an alleged bribery case involving former U.N. General Assembly president John Ashe.
- UN rights official : Mexico must withdraw army from streets Updated: Oct-07-15 10:23 pm
MEXICO CITY - The United Nations' top human rights official is calling on the Mexican government to set a timetable for withdrawing military personnel from law enforcement duties and replacing them with well-trained police.
- Witnesses: Saudi-led airstrikes kill 15 at wedding in Yemen Updated: Oct-07-15 7:33 pm
SANAA, Yemen - Two airstrikes by the Saudi-led coalition killed at least 15 civilians and wounded 25 others in Yemen on Wednesday at a wedding hosted by a tribal leader known to support the Houthi rebels, witnesses and independent security officials said.
- UN says Shiite rebels in Yemen have agreed to stop fighting Updated: Oct-07-15 6:36 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Shiite rebels in conflict-torn Yemen have agreed to stop fighting, the United Nations said Wednesday.
- Britain expects UN vote to allow EU action on migrant boats Updated: Oct-07-15 6:29 pm
- The Latest: Prosecutor: Ex-UN official implicated himself Updated: Oct-06-15 8:05 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on allegations that former United Nations General Assembly President Josh Ashe accepted bribes to help a Chinese real estate mogul and other businesspeople gain investments and government contracts (all times local):
- Ex-UN General Assembly head among 6 held in bribery scheme Updated: Oct-06-15 8:02 pm
NEW YORK - A former president of the United Nations General Assembly turned the world body into a "platform for profit" by accepting over $1 million in bribes from a billionaire Chinese real estate mogul and other businesspeople to pave the way for lucrative investments, a prosecutor charged Tuesday.
- Chinese billionaire finds himself at center of a new scandal Updated: Oct-06-15 7:11 pm
NEW YORK - For the second time in three decades, a billionaire Chinese real estate mogul is central to a scandal over whether his money was used to buy influence in the United States.
- UN envoy says peace process is 'back on track' in Mali Updated: Oct-06-15 6:35 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The U.N. envoy for Mali said Tuesday "the peace process is back on track" after violence in August threatened to disrupt an agreement between the government and separatist rebels.
- Syrian rebels face a new reality amid Russian air campaign Updated: Oct-06-15 5:32 pm
BEIRUT - The U.S.-backed rebel group Tajammu Alezzah has been fighting the Syrian military outside the city of Hama for months, but a new player has joined the fray: Russian warplanes, which have repeatedly hit their front-line positions, followed by airstrikes from government planes.
- The Latest: UN official warns EU on 'hotspot' migrant triage Updated: Oct-06-15 1:55 pm
GENEVA - The latest developments as hundreds of thousands of people seeking safety make an epic trek through Europe. All times local.
- The Latest: Record 150-plus world leaders at UN summit Updated: Oct-03-15 2:03 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The latest developments from the annual meeting of the U.N. General Assembly, where world leaders are grappling with a multitude of global crises, including the fight against terrorism - the Islamic State in particular - and easing the refugee crisis in the Middle East and North Africa (all times local):
- Syrian opposition says leader met UN chief on Russia strikes Updated: Oct-03-15 10:45 am
- Turkish Cypriots: Reunification agreement possible in months Updated: Oct-02-15 7:59 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Turkish Cypriot leader Mustafa Akinci said Friday that an agreement on reunifying the divided Mediterranean island can be reached in months rather than years if talks with the Greek Cypriot president continue at the same pace, with the same determination and political will, as they have in recent months.
- Somalia wants to liberate territory held by al-Shabab soon Updated: Oct-02-15 6:35 pm
- The Latest: Hollande: Only 1 of Russia's raids hit IS Updated: Oct-02-15 3:03 pm
MOSCOW - The latest developments as Russia and other nations counter Islamic State militants in Syria. All times local:
- UN human rights body passes Saudi proposal on Yemen Updated: Oct-02-15 11:11 am
GENEVA - A leading human rights advocacy group on Friday accused the top U.N. human rights body of failing to improve scrutiny of abuses in war-torn Yemen by approving a resolution presented by Saudi Arabia - a major participant in the conflict.
- Beckham returning to soccer field to play in UNICEF game Updated: Oct-02-15 3:23 am
David Beckham will play in a football match for the first time since retiring more than two years ago, with Alex Ferguson managing his former Manchester United star again.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: Oct-01-15 11:00 pm
Gunman opens fire at Oregon community college before dying in shootout; at least 9 dead
- Central African Republic elections delayed by fresh violence Updated: Oct-01-15 8:29 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Fresh violence in Central African Republic has forced the delay of Oct. 18 elections meant to put the troubled country on firmer political ground, officials said Thursday, but they expect the vote will take place by the end of this year.
- Russia criticizes US for seeking ouster of Syria's Assad Updated: Oct-01-15 8:01 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Russia's foreign minister criticized the United States and other countries trying to oust Syrian President Bashar Assad on Thursday, warning that U.S.-led campaigns that got rid of Iraq's Saddam Hussein and Libya's Moammar Gadhafi brought those countries turmoil, not peace.