- Rocky 4th inning dooms Sanchez; Tigers lose 4-0 to Indians Updated: May-04-16 11:30 pm
CLEVELAND - For his first three innings and final three innings Wednesday night, Anibal Sanchez was nearly perfect.
- Kluber throws 5-hit shutout; Indians beat Tigers 4-0 Updated: May-04-16 10:05 pm
CLEVELAND - Corey Kluber gave the Detroit Tigers two chances. Then he looked like a Cy Young Award winner.
- Indians acquire catcher Chris Gimenez from Rangers Updated: May-04-16 2:06 pm
CLEVELAND - The Indians acquired backup catcher Chris Gimenez from the Texas Rangers for cash considerations.
- Indians waste Salazar's solid effort, lose 2-1 to Phillies Updated: May-01-16 6:30 pm
PHILADELPHIA - One run short once again.
- Velasquez, bullpen help Phillies beat Indians 2-1 Updated: May-01-16 6:08 pm
PHILADELPHIA - So much for rebuilding.
- Indians send RHP Cody Anderson to Triple-A Columbus Updated: Apr-27-16 9:08 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Cleveland Indians have optioned right-hander Cody Anderson to Triple-A Columbus.
- Indians lose 6-5 to Twins on walk-off for 2nd straight day Updated: Apr-27-16 12:36 am
- Sano walks off Twins with single, 6-5 over Indians Updated: Apr-27-16 12:18 am
MINNEAPOLIS - A night after his walk-off home run, Oswaldo Arcia offered some advice to Minnesota Twins teammate Miguel Sano facing a similar situation.
- Twins put pitchers Santana, Gibson on disabled list Updated: Apr-26-16 8:27 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Twins' rotation will be without two of its top starters as the team placed right-handers Ervin Santana and Kyle Gibson on the 15-day disabled list prior to Tuesday night's game against the Cleveland Indians.
- Indians' Carrasco could miss 6 weeks with hamstring injury Updated: Apr-26-16 12:15 am
MINNEAPOLIS - On the same day the Cleveland Indians said hello again to Michael Brantley, they said see ya later to starter Carlos Carrasco.
- Indians overcome Carrasco injury, sweep Tigers Updated: Apr-24-16 5:44 pm
DETROIT - Cleveland manager Terry Francona would normally be happy with a sweep in Detroit, but he had more pressing matters on his mind Sunday afternoon.
- Tigers RHP Greene leaves start vs Indians with blister Updated: Apr-24-16 3:06 pm
- Indians RHP Carrasco leaves start with hamstring injury Updated: Apr-24-16 3:00 pm
- MLB's 1st Dominican umpire debuts in Indians-Tigers game Updated: Apr-22-16 10:41 pm
- Cano's 3-run homer in 10th lifts Mariners over Indians 10-7 Updated: Apr-21-16 5:22 pm
CLEVELAND - Robinson Cano's fortunes against Cody Allen changed with one swing.
- Matz strikes out career-high 9 as Mets beat Indians 6-0 Updated: Apr-17-16 5:52 pm
CLEVELAND - Steven Matz made his first regular-season loss seem like a distant memory.
- Harvey loses third straight start, Mets fall 7-5 to Indians Updated: Apr-16-16 9:18 pm
CLEVELAND - Matt Harvey insists he isn't hurt, nor is he mentally fatigued from the New York Mets' long playoff run last season.
- Salazar allows 3 hits in 6 innings, Indians beat Rays 6-0 Updated: Apr-14-16 5:43 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Danny Salazar gave Cleveland another strong start against Tampa Bay.
- Indians at White Sox postponed because of rain Updated: Apr-10-16 2:51 pm
CHICAGO - The early season postponements keep piling up for the Cleveland Indians.
- Garcia's homer powers Sale, White Sox past Indians, 7-3 Updated: Apr-09-16 6:14 pm
CHICAGO - Chris Sale had never been colder playing baseball, then exited his outing dejected and staring at a loss after giving up two late home runs.
- Workers scramble to clear snow before Indians-White Sox Updated: Apr-09-16 2:20 pm
CHICAGO - The White Sox's home game against the Cleveland Indians has started on time despite a surprise overnight snow in Chicago that left the grounds crew and stadium officials scrambling to get U.S. Cellular Field ready.
- 'Caucasians' shirt sales jump after ESPN's Jones appearance Updated: Apr-08-16 7:39 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Sales of 'Caucasians' shirts, depicting the Cleveland Indians' team mascot as a caricature of a white person, skyrocketed one day after ESPN's Bomani Jones wore one on a show, the shirt's creator said Friday.
- Red Sox-Indians game postponed by inclement weather Updated: Apr-07-16 7:34 pm
CLEVELAND - At least David Ortiz can ditch the hoodie he's had to wear under his Boston jersey for the first two games of his farewell season.
- Napoli's clutch homer lifts Indians past Ortiz, Red Sox 7-6 Updated: Apr-06-16 11:47 pm
CLEVELAND - Mike Napoli cherishes his time playing in Boston, ripping line drives off the Green Monster, spraying champagne in Fenway Park and being part of so many unforgettable moments.
- Bauer unhappy but adjusting to new role in Indians' bullpen Updated: Apr-06-16 8:31 pm
CLEVELAND - Pursing his lips, Trevor Bauer shrugged and answered questions without showing much emotion.