- USC Upstate students protest state funding cuts Updated: Apr-17-14 8:50 pm
- Correction: Stand Your Ground story Updated: Apr-17-14 12:07 pm
- No discussion on SC anti-domestic violence bills Updated: Apr-15-14 8:23 pm
- Prosecutor: Photos essential in SC dog attack case Updated: Apr-15-14 12:13 pm
- SC Education agency pulls out of testing program Updated: Apr-15-14 9:43 am
- Haley signs bill requiring more DUI locks on cars Updated: Apr-14-14 4:49 pm
- SC Medicaid pays $50,000 to monitor social media Updated: Apr-13-14 1:28 pm
- Haley's GOP opponent Ervin withdraws from primary Updated: Apr-11-14 7:41 pm
- Name released of moped driver killed in Anderson Updated: Apr-11-14 6:56 am
- SC bills could outlaw abortion, most contraception Updated: Apr-10-14 6:39 pm
- 1,500 SC students, librarians parade for literacy Updated: Apr-10-14 4:04 am
- SC Senate passes 'Read to Succeed' bill Updated: Apr-09-14 10:04 pm
- School holiday display bill clears SC House panel Updated: Apr-09-14 9:37 pm
- SC Democratic June ballot to ask about marijuana Updated: Apr-09-14 9:01 pm
- SC Senate passes bill allowing legal bridge games Updated: Apr-08-14 6:19 pm
- Louisiana Gov. Jindal to speak to SC Republicans Updated: Apr-08-14 5:04 pm
- Gov. Haley names Oakley as new director of SCDOT Updated: Apr-07-14 6:43 pm
- Report out on SC woman whose kids died in crash Updated: Apr-05-14 5:11 pm
- Gridlock possible with emergency I-85 repairs Updated: Apr-04-14 4:32 pm
- SC senators want to change teacher appeals process Updated: Apr-03-14 3:38 pm
- SC bill seeks to bolster reporting of child deaths Updated: Apr-02-14 8:10 pm
- SC districts about party, in this case the GOP Updated: Mar-31-14 2:19 am
- SC election ballot set as filing deadline passes Updated: Mar-30-14 2:58 pm
- McMaster enters race for SC lieutenant governor Updated: Mar-27-14 4:51 pm
- McConnell: SC must prepare for 'gray tsunami' Updated: Mar-26-14 7:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Attempts by state legislators to cut university funding over plays and books which they believe promote homosexuality are causing a backlash on South Carolina campuses.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - In a story March 6 about South Carolina's "stand your ground" law, The Associated Press reported erroneously that a proposal to repeal the law would have limited a person's right to use deadly force against someone breaking into their home, business or occupied vehicle. The proposal from Rep. Harold Mitchell would have allowed deadly force in those scenarios.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A Senate committee on Tuesday postponed discussion of legislation targeting domestic violence in South Carolina because the Senate session ran late.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The conviction of a Dillon County man whose dogs killed a 10-year-old boy should be reinstated, state prosecutors told the state Supreme Court Tuesday, saying a lower court was wrong to throw out the case over autopsy photographs.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Education Superintendent Mick Zais has withdrawn the state from testing for new standards next year.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley signed into law Monday a bill requiring more people convicted of driving under the influence to install a device that won't let their vehicles start if the drivers have been drinking.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina's Medicaid agency is paying an institute at Clemson University $50,000 to monitor Facebook, Twitter, bloggers and other social media.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley's Republican opponent said Friday that he's decided to bypass the primary and become a petition candidate in November.
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Authorities have released the name of a moped driver killed after a collision with a truck in Anderson County.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A state Senate panel advanced legislation Thursday that opponents warn could outlaw abortion and emergency contraception in South Carolina. The panel also took testimony on a separate bill that would outlaw all abortions and most contraception by giving legal rights to fertilized eggs.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Some 1,500 children and librarians from across South Carolina are scheduled to gather at the Statehouse to celebrate literacy and reading.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Senate passed a bill Wednesday aimed at boosting students' chances of success through an expansion of 4-year-old kindergarten and early intervention in reading.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina parents might very well see a menorah and a manger alongside a Christmas tree and even a Festivus pole from the TV show "Seinfeld" at their children's schools next winter if state legislation is passed.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Democratic primary ballot in June will ask voters whether they support legalizing medical marijuana to treat severe illnesses.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill that would allow retirees to legally play bridge passed the Senate unanimously Tuesday, two weeks after a senator threatened to challenge South Carolina's centuries-old antigambling laws in court.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is coming to South Carolina to speak at the state Republican party's annual fundraising dinner.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley said Monday that she's appointing a woman with more than 30 years of national transportation policy experience as the next director of the South Carolina Department of Transportation.
SENECA, South Carolina - The South Carolina Highway Patrol says a woman whose two children were killed in a New Year's Day crash had a blood-alcohol level that was twice the legal limit at the time of the accident.
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Officials are warning there could be long delays on Interstate 85 south near Spartanburg as emergency repairs are made on broken concrete.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Senators say South Carolina's decades-old process for removing an underperforming teacher can drag out at the expense of school districts and children's education.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill intended to force all 46 coroners in South Carolina to report the suspicious deaths of children advanced Wednesday in the Senate.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The decade-long Republican control of South Carolina government has resulted in congressional districts increasingly safe for the GOP and has marginalized conservative white Democrats who for decades ran the state where the Civil War began.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's 2014 election ballot was finalized Sunday with Gov. Nikki Haley and the state's two incumbent U.S. senators facing June primary opposition, a big-name race for the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor and a lengthy list of candidates vying to head the state Education Department.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Former Attorney General Henry McMaster filed paperwork Thursday to run for lieutenant governor, four years after his unsuccessful bid for governor. He said he has the experience needed for the state's No. 2 post.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell warned lawmakers Wednesday that a failure to prepare for South Carolina's oncoming "gray tsunami" will cause a budget crisis and human tragedies.