- SC justices: Judge can mull appeal, then new trial Updated: Dec-04-13 1:49 pm
- Taxpayers to fund $286K of Clemson chief's salary Updated: Dec-04-13 11:58 am
- SCE&G agrees bill-adjusting program should end Updated: Dec-03-13 4:44 pm
- Leeza Gibbons, USC hold forum on healthy aging Updated: Dec-03-13 5:58 am
- Texas Gov. Perry returns to early primary state Updated: Dec-03-13 4:06 am
- SC Democrats promise to vet candidates in 2014 Updated: Nov-28-13 1:04 pm
- Republicans want to finish takeover of SC Updated: Nov-23-13 12:11 pm
- SC AG could settle dispute on Haley reimbursements Updated: Nov-17-13 10:39 am
- I-20 westbound lane shift to start Sunday Updated: Nov-17-13 4:04 am
- Haley: SC will be supportive of Boeing Updated: Nov-15-13 3:37 pm
- Gov, AG: SC not required to honor gay marriages Updated: Nov-15-13 11:28 am
- Haley calls on legislators to pass ethics reform Updated: Nov-13-13 5:00 pm
- Toal, Pleicones tout skills for SC's top legal job Updated: Nov-05-13 2:40 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A South Carolina judge who considers an inmate's post-conviction relief appeal can then preside over that person's new trial, the state's highest court ruled Wednesday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A state board has approved paying $286,000 toward the salary of Clemson University's incoming president.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Energy provider SCE&G agrees with a state agency that its complicated bill-adjusting program should end.
SPARTANBURG, South Carolina - Texas Gov. Rick Perry is returning to this early presidential primary state to help raise money for the South Carolina Republican Party.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Democrats hope a combination of enthusiasm, a desire to change the direction of the state and more careful vetting of people seeking the party's nominations will help them make gains next election.
LANCASTER, South Carolina - South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Matt Moore shares some striking political data when visiting local party meetings: In a state where the GOP holds most statewide offices and congressional and state legislative seats, Democrats still hold the counties. Democrats also outnumber Republicans as sheriffs, coroners and auditors.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A government watchdog group, contrary to the opinion of South Carolina's ethics agency, is insisting Gov. Nikki Haley refund taxpayers for a trip to North Carolina in June.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Workers are shifting the lanes again on a widening project on Interstate 20 east of Columbia.
ISLE OF PALMS, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley said Friday she feels bad for Washington Gov. Jay Inslee following this week's union vote that left Boeing looking for other states to build its 777X.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Attorneys for Gov. Nikki Haley and Attorney General Alan Wilson said in court papers filed this week that the state of South Carolina doesn't have to recognize gay marriages performed legally in other states and the nation's capital.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley urged legislators Wednesday to send her an ethics reform bill that restores public trust in government, while Democrats and the director of a government watchdog group called on Haley to lead by example.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Associate Justice Costa Pleicones told a panel on Tuesday that he has both the experience and desire to step up to the top position on South Carolina's Supreme Court, stressing his willingness to follow the law even if it means he often dissents from the majority.