- Walker giving foreign policy speech in South Carolina Updated: Aug-28-15 4:04 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Republican presidential hopeful Scott Walker is coming to South Carolina to discuss what American foreign policy would look like in his administration.
- Bowl Eligible? South Carolina looking to host 1st bowl game Updated: Aug-27-15 4:18 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Organizers of the annual college all-star game held in South Carolina are confident the contest known as The Medal of Honor Bowl will become the state's first traditional bowl game now that the Confederate flag no longer flies on Statehouse grounds.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Aug-26-15 4:24 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- NACCP rallies for criminal justice reform at SC Statehouse Updated: Aug-24-15 6:08 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The national president of the NAACP arrived in South Carolina on Monday to help lead a Statehouse rally calling for reform in the criminal justice system as leaders of the civil rights group continued a march from Selma, Alabama, to Washington, D.C.
- Fiscal year closes with extra $87 million in surplus Updated: Aug-21-15 6:17 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's fiscal year ended with nearly $87 million more in surplus than legislators had counted on, handing them more to spend next year.
- AG looking into Medicaid payments to abortion clinics Updated: Aug-20-15 7:13 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Attorney General Alan Wilson's office is looking into Medicaid payments to South Carolina's three abortion clinics to determine whether any fraud occurred, according to letters provided Thursday to The Associated Press.
- Top South Carolina prosecutor hosting presidential hopefuls Updated: Aug-20-15 3:15 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's top prosecutor is taking part in a series of conversations with more than a dozen of the contenders seeking the Republican presidential nomination.
- Gov. Bobby Jindal joining US Sen. Tim Scott's town hall Updated: Aug-20-15 9:16 am
ANDERSON, South Carolina - Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal is in South Carolina this week for a town hall meeting with one of the state's senators.
- Ex-South Carolina governor Hodges endorses Hillary Clinton Updated: Aug-19-15 4:49 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Former South Carolina Gov. Jim Hodges officially backed Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign Wednesday, saying the former secretary of state is to be commended for going from an adversary of Barack Obama in 2008 to an ardent supporter.
- Clinton endorsed by 2 ex-South Carolina governors Updated: Aug-18-15 5:40 pm
ATLANTA - Hillary Rodham Clinton is getting endorsements from two former Democratic governors in the early-voting state of South Carolina, including one who helped lead President Barack Obama's first campaign.
- 5 judges file for open Supreme Court seat in South Carolina Updated: Aug-18-15 11:08 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Five judges are vying for an open slot on South Carolina's Supreme Court.
- GOP hopeful Kasich lands endorsement of Alabama's governor Updated: Aug-17-15 2:53 pm
Republican John Kasich (KAY-sik) has landed the endorsement of fellow governor Robert Bentley of Alabama, as Kasich seeks to build support for the GOP presidential nomination.
- SC trooper fired after arrest in child pornography investigation Updated: Aug-14-15 7:58 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A veteran South Carolina state trooper is out of a job after being arrested on child pornography charges.
- SC attorney general must pay $135,300 in gay marriage case Updated: Aug-10-15 4:34 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A federal judge has ordered South Carolina Attorney General Alan Wilson to pay more than $135,000 in legal fees for a couple who challenged the state ban on same-sex marriage.
- Haley: More than 10,000 have signed up for GOP forum in SC Updated: Aug-10-15 3:19 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Gov. Nikki Haley says more than 10,000 people have registered to attend a Republican presidential forum in Greenville next month.
- 2 killed after motorcycle crash in Kershaw County Updated: Aug-10-15 5:22 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Two people have died after their motorcycle collided with a car in Kershaw County.
- SC Chief Justice Jean Toal speaks at USC commencement Updated: Aug-08-15 6:23 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Supreme Court Chief Justice Jean Toal is speaking to some 1,500 students receiving degrees at the University of South Carolina's summer commencement.
- South Carolina seeks NCAA events with championship ban over Updated: Aug-07-15 3:39 pm
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - South Carolina is back in the game to host predetermined NCAA championships now that the Confederate flag has been lowered from the Statehouse grounds.
- Bill in SC Legislature would protect tiger sharks Updated: Aug-07-15 8:49 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - In a summer when there have been numerous reports of shark attacks along the Carolinas coast there is a bill in the South Carolina General Assembly would offer protection to tiger sharks.
- Clyburn says The Citadel needs to remove Confederate flag Updated: Aug-06-15 7:13 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's only Democratic congressman says The Citadel should remove the Confederate flag from Summerall Chapel.