- SC Republicans ask Haley to help keep MOX open Updated: Mar-11-14 3:07 pm
- Bill says state pays for SC presidential primaries Updated: Mar-10-14 8:26 pm
- SC House refuses to restore college cuts for books Updated: Mar-10-14 7:14 pm
- NAACP opposes McConnell for college president Updated: Mar-10-14 3:54 pm
- SC considers more protection for heirs' property Updated: Mar-09-14 10:49 am
- Wilson returning $200 in donations from 2010 race Updated: Mar-07-14 8:29 pm
- SC bill allows cannabis oil for epilepsy treatment Updated: Mar-06-14 6:37 pm
- Rick Wade drops out of SC Senate race Updated: Mar-06-14 12:49 pm
- Hospital lawyers: Veto didn't nix approval process Updated: Mar-06-14 12:19 pm
- Senate takes up bill opposing federal health law Updated: Mar-05-14 8:43 pm
- SC Legislature approves bill forgiving snow days Updated: Mar-05-14 8:19 pm
- Fire alarm interrupts SC legislative session Updated: Mar-05-14 2:52 pm
- 2 teens die in Marlboro County wreck Updated: Mar-05-14 8:28 am
- South Carolina asks children to walk to school Updated: Mar-05-14 4:05 am
- GOP governors' group releases anti-Sheheen ad Updated: Mar-03-14 5:36 pm
- SC immigration dispute could soon be over Updated: Mar-03-14 4:59 pm
- SC bill allows digital proof of vehicle insurance Updated: Mar-03-14 3:47 pm
- SC high court hearing Certificate of Need case Updated: Mar-01-14 12:00 pm
- Ethics clean-up bills advance in SC House Updated: Feb-27-14 7:35 pm
- Compromise that keeps Common Core in SC advances Updated: Feb-26-14 5:37 pm
- SC Gov. Haley, military work to get vets jobs Updated: Feb-26-14 1:53 pm
- Senators weighing changes to SC investment board Updated: Feb-25-14 8:17 pm
- Bill banning abortion at 20 weeks heads to House Updated: Feb-25-14 5:57 pm
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Feb-25-14 1:53 pm
- Compromise reached on tree-cutting on I-26 stretch Updated: Feb-24-14 6:57 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Several Republicans have asked South Carolina's governor to explore possible legal action to avoid the closure of a multi-billion dollar project to turn weapons-grade plutonium into commercial nuclear reactor fuel.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Taxpayers would continue to at least partly fund South Carolina's first-in-the-South presidential primaries in the future under a bill backed by both major parties.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The South Carolina House refused Monday to back down from plans to punish two public colleges in the budget for assigning freshmen to read books dealing with homosexuality.
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - Civil rights leaders say they oppose Lt. Gov. Glenn McConnell, a Civil War re-enactor, for president of the College of Charleston.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina lawmakers are reviewing stronger protections for land with no clear title that has often been handed down by blacks for generations since slavery.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The campaign of South Carolina's top prosecutor is refunding $200 to a lobbyist who donated to his 2010 campaign and correcting campaign filings so that a legal firm didn't appear to give the maximum donation twice, following notification from the State Ethics Commission.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - People suffering from severe epilepsy could legally use oil derived from marijuana under a bill advanced Thursday in the South Carolina House.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Democrat Rick Wade has dropped his bid for the South Carolina U.S. Senate seat held by Republican Tim Scott.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Attorneys representing South Carolina's hospitals say a program regulating the building or expansion of medical facilities was not negated when Gov. Nikki Haley vetoed its funding.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Senators took up legislation Wednesday that aims to slow implementation of the federal health care overhaul in South Carolina, but even its Republican backers acknowledge it makes no attempt to nullify the law as many people believe.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Legislation allowing South Carolina school boards to forgive up to five days of classes missed during recent snow and ice storms is heading to Gov. Nikki Haley's desk.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A fire alarm caused legislators and others to briefly leave the South Carolina Statehouse, but authorities say it was a false alarm and there never was any emergency.
BEN NETTSVILLE, South Carolina - Two teens have died after a head-on collision in Marlboro County.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is urging kids to skip the bus or car pool and walk to school.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The Republican Governor's Association is running a TV ad against South Carolina Sen. Vincent Sheheen that ties him to President Barack Obama and highlights his support of the federal health law.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina prosecutors have acknowledged that their defense of several parts of the state's immigration law likely will not succeed, according to documents filed in court Monday.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill on Gov. Nikki Haley's desk would allow South Carolina drivers to use their smartphone in a traffic stop to prove they have vehicle insurance.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's highest court is gearing up for a debate over whether the state's health agency can end a program that regulates the building or expansion of medical facilities.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Bills aimed at limiting and clarifying how South Carolina's officeholders can spend campaign donations advanced Thursday in the House, as the Senate approved an ethics bill requiring candidates and incumbents to disclose where they get their money.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina schools would continue to implement Common Core education standards in math and reading, at least for a few years, under a compromise advancing in the Senate.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley and state officials are announcing an effort to help military veterans find jobs in the civilian world by bringing employers and potential workers together.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The chief operating officer of the agency that invests South Carolina's pension portfolio asked legislators Tuesday to somehow end hostilities between the agency and state Treasurer Curtis Loftis that are harming the fund.
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - A bill banning abortion in South Carolina beyond 19 weeks of pregnancy advanced Tuesday to the House floor, with supporters hoping it eventually heads to a courtroom.
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - There's been a compromise on the heated issue of cutting trees in the median of Interstate 26 northwest of Charleston.