- 'Ultimate Survival Alaska' personality found dead in Alaska Updated: May-05-15 3:52 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - An outdoorsman and past character on National Geographic's reality show "Ultimate Survival Alaska" has been found shot dead, and Alaska State Troopers were investigating the case as a homicide.
- Troopers say woman dies after crashing 4-wheeler in village Updated: May-04-15 12:58 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 34-year-old woman has died after crashing a four-wheeler in the village of Upper Kalskag.
- Troopers say Wasilla man dies after vehicle rollover Updated: May-04-15 11:48 am
WASILLA, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 38-year-old Wasilla man has died after a single-vehicle rollover.
- Group continues effort to get setnet ban on 2016 ballot Updated: May-01-15 6:46 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A proposed voter initiative to ban setnets in urban parts of Alaska is making its way toward the ballot, while a lawsuit over its legality continues.
- Suspect in Kodiak barricade surrenders to authorities Updated: May-01-15 4:01 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 32-year-old Kodiak man is under arrest after barricading himself at a local apartment building, at one point offering $100 to a trooper in exchange for letting him go free.
- Trooper at center of Palin probe loses police certificate Updated: May-01-15 3:58 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Officials have revoked the law enforcement certification of the former Alaska State Trooper at the center of the so-called Troopergate scandal that led to investigations into whether Sarah Palin abused her power as governor.
- Resolution passes allowing recess while committees meet Updated: Apr-30-15 10:37 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature passed a resolution Thursday authorizing a recess in floor sessions until May 12 while the House and Senate Finance committees continue to meet.
- Troopers say second man dies of injuries from shooting Updated: Apr-30-15 1:44 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a second man has died from injuries sustained in a shooting in Talkeetna.
- Body of overdue Seldovia boater found in Kachemak Bay Updated: Apr-29-15 11:56 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say searchers have found the body of an overdue boater from Seldovia.
- Troopers say Tanana man dies in ATV crash Updated: Apr-28-15 11:37 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 46-year-old Tanana man has died in an all-terrain vehicle crash near the interior community.
- Alaska Legislature passes child support bill Updated: Apr-27-15 4:09 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska lawmakers have passed legislation to bring state child support law into line with an international treaty under which the United States and other nations enforce child-support orders for one another.
- Correction: National Guard story Updated: Apr-27-15 1:50 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - In a story April 25 about the release of National Guard emails, The Associated Press reported erroneously the name of the Alaska assistant attorney general. She is Cori Mills, not Connie Mills.
- Bangkok tourists rescued by Troopers from Mendenhall Glacier Updated: Apr-27-15 11:00 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Two Thai nationals from Bangkok were rescued after calling the Alaska State Troopers to say they were lost in the dark.
- Troopers arrest 2 after finding stolen items in Kenai home Updated: Apr-26-15 4:37 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Two Kenai men have been arrested after a home search that turned up stolen items.
- Man driving motorhome leads Alaska State Troopers on a chase Updated: Apr-26-15 4:17 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - An Alaska man used a motorhome in a failed attempt to elude arrest by state troopers.
- Gov cites public confusion in not signing school bond bill Updated: Apr-25-15 10:56 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill that would pause the state's obligation to reimburse school construction debt payments will become law without Gov. Bill Walker's signature.
- Jury convicts Tanana man in evidence tampering case Updated: Apr-23-15 5:10 pm
NENANA, Alaska - A jury has convicted a 59-year-old Tanana man on evidence tampering charges after two Alaska State Troopers were shot to death.
- Dog-loving lawmakers' bill addresses pet custody in divorces Updated: Apr-23-15 4:52 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Pets can get caught in the middle of messy human relationships, and some Alaska lawmakers want to ensure that the state protects them in law, not just practice.
- Sullivan, Murkowski vote against Lynch confirmation Updated: Apr-23-15 4:45 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska's two U.S. senators have voted against the confirmation of Loretta Lynch as attorney general.
- House built before Alaska colonized is up for sale Updated: Apr-23-15 2:40 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - When Alaska homeowners think of antique residences, they might imagine 1970s split-levels.
- Alaska lawmakers ask federal council to cut halibut bycatch Updated: Apr-23-15 6:14 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bipartisan group of Alaska state lawmakers have asked federal fishery managers to cut halibut bycatch in the Bering Sea and Aleutian Islands.
- Alaska village confirms banishment after troopers' deaths Updated: Apr-22-15 6:58 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A man banished from his rural Alaska village after officials there determined he influenced the suspect in two Alaska State Troopers' deaths has lost his court appeals of the traditional form of justice, according to village officials.
- Convicted burglar suspected in school break-in Updated: Apr-22-15 7:04 am
CHUATHBALUK, Alaska - A southwest Alaska man on probation following a felony burglary conviction has been arrested on suspicion of breaking into a village school.
- Search launched for missing canoeist in Alaska lake Updated: Apr-21-15 5:19 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a search has been launched for a 33-year-old Nevada man who went missing after his canoe overturned in an Alaska lake.
- Lawmakers approve funding source for health organizations Updated: Apr-21-15 10:25 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska lawmakers have voted to allow the Alaska Municipal Bond Bank Authority to make loans to regional health organizations.