- Senate passes new approach to pension obligation Updated: Apr-19-14 7:56 pm
- High court: State has duty to protect inmates Updated: Apr-19-14 3:16 pm
- House Finance advances gas line bill Updated: Apr-19-14 12:25 am
- Senate Finance unveils education bill rewrite Updated: Apr-19-14 12:16 am
- Bill designates house for lieutenant gov lodging Updated: Apr-18-14 4:35 pm
- Lawmakers OK bill loosening rules for distilleries Updated: Apr-18-14 12:44 pm
- Sullivan brings in $1.4M in first quarter Updated: Apr-17-14 10:42 pm
- House passes bill calling for study on tax credits Updated: Apr-17-14 10:03 pm
- Legislature confirms governor's appointments Updated: Apr-17-14 5:28 pm
- Legislature confirms 4 state commissioners Updated: Apr-17-14 3:54 pm
- Major pieces in play with session nearing end Updated: Apr-17-14 3:10 pm
- House passes bill honoring 20 Native languages Updated: Apr-17-14 1:19 pm
- Miller plans campaign kickoff Updated: Apr-17-14 7:08 am
- Gov handles range of questions in online town hall Updated: Apr-17-14 12:43 am
- Refiner credit bill expanded to fertilizer plant Updated: Apr-16-14 2:32 pm
- Sponsor pulls bill allowing guns on UA campuses Updated: Apr-16-14 1:07 pm
- Parnell holding virtual town hall Updated: Apr-16-14 7:04 am
- Saint Marys man dead in ATV accident Updated: Apr-16-14 5:16 am
- Hughes apologizes for news release headline Updated: Apr-15-14 5:23 pm
- Huggins: Late Saturday target to finish work Updated: Apr-15-14 3:44 pm
- Young rival Dunbar raises nearly $17K in quarter Updated: Apr-14-14 5:37 pm
- Alaska Legislature passes abortion funding bill Updated: Apr-14-14 4:01 pm
- High court: Alaska tribe should settle dispute Updated: Apr-14-14 1:42 pm
- Man, sons rescued after wife calls for help Updated: Apr-14-14 11:17 am
- Divided Alaska House passes minimum wage bill Updated: Apr-14-14 2:34 am
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Senate unanimously passed legislation setting out a new approach for addressing the state's pension obligation Saturday, less than three hours after the plan emerged from the Senate Finance Committee.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A former prison inmate in Alaska can move forward with his lawsuit claiming the state Department of Corrections failed to protect him from another inmate, the Alaska Supreme Court ruled Friday.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The House Finance Committee on Friday advanced a bill setting the state's participation in a major liquefied natural gas project, with members expressing a mix of both optimism and skepticism about whether the process would yield a long hoped-for gas line.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Senate Finance Committee proposed an overhaul to a broad-ranging education bill Friday, opting to provide additional money to districts outside the per-pupil funding formula. Critics called the approach disappointing.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Senate passed a bill Friday that would designate an historic house in downtown Juneau as the official residence of the state's lieutenant governor.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The five craft distilleries in Alaska can start promoting themselves as tourism destinations after legislative action this week.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Dan Sullivan raised more money during the first quarter than he previously reported.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska House has passed legislation aimed at getting a better handle on how certain tax credit programs are working.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has confirmed Gov. Sean Parnell's appointees to Alaska boards and commissions, including two controversial picks.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has confirmed Gov. Sean Parnell's picks to lead the departments of Natural Resources, Revenue, Public Safety and Administration.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The 90-day legislative session is scheduled to end Sunday. And while legislative leaders have hoped to finish their work early given that Sunday is Easter, a lot of major pieces remain in play.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska House has passed a bill that would symbolically recognize 20 Alaska Native languages as official languages of the state.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Republican U.S. Senate hopeful Joe Miller is holding a campaign kickoff event Monday in Wasilla.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Sean Parnell said repealing the state's oil tax system would "kill" oil production.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill that would offer tax credits to help in-state refiners has been expanded to include the now-shuttered Agrium Inc. plant in Nikiski.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A bill that would allow people to carry concealed handguns on University of Alaska campuses has been pulled.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Gov. Sean Parnell is hosting an online town hall Wednesday.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A Saint Marys man has died in a one-vehicle crash involving an all-terrain vehicle.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Alaska House members apologize for a news release on a breastfeeding initiative that had the words "smart and sexy" in the headline.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Senate President Charlie Huggins says lawmakers are aiming to complete their work by Saturday night.
JUNEAU, Alaska - Democratic U.S. House hopeful Forrest Dunbar has reported raising nearly $17,000 during the first quarter of this year.
JUNEAU, Alaska - The Alaska Legislature has passed a bill further defining what constitutes a medically necessary abortion for purposes of Medicaid funding.
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - The Alaska Supreme Court upheld a lower court ruling that a tribal dispute involving leadership should be settled locally, not through the court system.
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska State Troopers say a 39-year-old Eagle River man and his two sons were rescued after they were reported overdue from a hike.
JUNEAU, Alaska - A divided Alaska House on Sunday voted to raise the state minimum wage, amid suspicions of lawmakers' motives.