- Baucus casts wide shadow over Montana Senate race Updated: Apr-18-14 5:08 pm
- Candidates try to stand out in crowded GOP field Updated: Apr-17-14 2:44 pm
- Hung jury in over-serving drinks case Updated: Apr-16-14 4:17 pm
- Man dies in motorcycle crash near Lolo Updated: Apr-15-14 3:36 pm
- Browning man dies in Glacier County crash Updated: Apr-07-14 11:16 am
- High court blocks primary referendum from ballot Updated: Mar-25-14 10:35 pm
- Montana Democratic Party endorses Walsh in primary Updated: Mar-25-14 5:16 pm
- Man dies in motorcycle crash near Opportunity Updated: Mar-25-14 3:58 pm
- Lawsuit seeks to remove Supreme Court candidate Updated: Mar-24-14 1:08 pm
HELENA, Montana - Max Baucus' decision not to seek re-election to the Senate after 35 years opened the door for Republicans to pick up one of the six Democratic seats they need to recapture control of the Senate. But his early resignation after being named U.S. ambassador to China may have bolstered Democratic prospects of retaining the seat they've held for a century, thanks to the value of incumbency.
HELENA, Montana - Most of the money funneling into the Republican primary for Montana's open U.S. House seat is going to one candidate, leaving the others to look for ways to stand out and get their message heard in a crowded field.
HELENA, Montana - A Helena jury was unable to reach a verdict Wednesday in the case of a bartender charged with serving alcohol to an intoxicated woman who later killed two people in a drunken-driving crash.
MISSOULA, Montana - A 22-year-old Missoula man has died after a motorcycle crash near Lolo.
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A 38-year-old Browning man has died of injuries suffered in a one-vehicle crash north of Browning.
HELENA, Montana - A referendum that would dramatically change Montana's primary election system cannot be put on the November ballot because the title is too long and confusing, the state Supreme Court ruled Tuesday.
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Democratic Party is endorsing Sen. John Walsh in the Democratic primary for the U.S. Senate seat over two other candidates who maintain the party should have remained neutral.
BUTTE, Montana - The Montana Highway Patrol is investigating the cause of a fatal motorcycle crash near Opportunity.
HELENA, Montana - A lawsuit by five delegates to Montana's 1972 Constitutional Convention seeks to remove state Solicitor General Lawrence VanDyke as a state Supreme Court candidate.