- Fatal crash near Cascade sparks small fire Updated: Aug-03-15 10:35 am
CASCADE, Montana - A 65-year-old man died in a weekend rollover that sparked a small fire along Interstate 15 south of Cascade.
- Montana National Guard increases security Updated: Aug-02-15 5:53 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana National Guard is increasing security at its recruiting offices and armory facilities in response to the July 16 killing of four Marines and a sailor in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Highway Patrols in 5 states ramp up for Sturgis rally Updated: Jul-31-15 9:43 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Highway patrol troopers in the four states bordering western South Dakota are paying extra attention to traffic flocking to the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, which is expecting a huge influx of people for its 75th anniversary bash next week.
- Montana Supreme Court upholds 24/7 Sobriety Program Updated: Jul-30-15 7:34 pm
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Supreme Court upheld the state's 24/7 Sobriety Program in a ruling Thursday, saying charging associated fees for alcohol monitoring is not pretrial punishment in violation of the Constitution.
- Wyoming, Montana unsatisfied with federal sage grouse plan Updated: Jul-30-15 6:58 pm
HELENA, Montana - The governors of Wyoming and Montana say a federal plan to protect the greater sage grouse is far more restrictive than Western states' own programs to help the struggling species.
- Woman killed in fatal crash near Geyser Updated: Jul-28-15 5:05 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Montana Highway Patrol officials say a 26-year-old woman was killed in a crash near Geyser.
- Shooting northeast of Billings leaves 1 person dead Updated: Jul-21-15 3:53 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Yellowstone County authorities have arrested a 73-year-old man after a shooting left one person dead near Ballantine, about 20 miles northeast of Billings.
- Montana governor, federal agency sign sage grouse deal Updated: Jul-20-15 3:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock signed an agreement Monday with the U.S. Department of Agriculture pledging cooperation on efforts to protect declining populations of greater sage grouse.
- Man hit, killed by train while riding ATV across tracks Updated: Jul-16-15 1:12 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - An 80-year-old south-central Montana man has died after his all-terrain vehicle was struck by a train southwest of Billings.
- Montana Editorial Roundup Updated: Jul-15-15 3:13 pm
The Billings Gazette, July 8, on Medicaid expansion:
- Teen honored for actions after truck crashed into school bus Updated: Jul-14-15 9:53 am
POLSON, Montana - A northwestern Montana teen was honored for helping a drunken driver who crashed into a school bus and then getting 10 kids off the bus when he noticed a fuel leak.
- Court to consider medical marijuana commercial sales Updated: Jul-13-15 4:50 pm
HELENA, Montana - Advocates are asking the Montana Supreme Court to reject the state's push to end commercial sales of medical marijuana, saying that elderly and disabled patients' access would be cut off if they can't buy the drug.
- Panel to consider redrawing Montana's judicial districts Updated: Jul-13-15 3:08 pm
HELENA, Montana - A newly appointed panel will consider whether to redraw Montana's judicial districts for the first time in more than 80 years.
- 1 dead, 4 hurt on I-90 accident in Missoula County Updated: Jul-11-15 4:46 pm
MISSOULA, Montana - The Montana Highway Patrol says one person is dead and four others injured in a single-vehicle accident on Interstate 90 in Missoula County.
- Montana trooper honored on I-90 60 years after his death Updated: Jul-08-15 11:41 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A memorial marker on Interstate 90 is now honoring a fallen Montana Highway Patrol trooper more than 60 years after his death.
- Montana governor has nearly $600K in bank for election bid Updated: Jul-07-15 5:25 pm
HELENA, Montana - Gov. Steve Bullock now has $596,000 in the bank for his re-election bid, sitting on half a million dollars more than any other candidate for public office in Montana despite raising considerably less money this spring than he did in winter.
- Canadian man pleads not guilty to Montana drug charges Updated: Jul-06-15 12:00 pm
POLSON, Montana - A Canadian man has pleaded not guilty to charges that allege he had nearly 100 pounds of cocaine in his pickup truck while traveling through northwestern Montana.