- Woman dies in I-90 rollover east of Drummond Updated: Nov-25-15 4:01 am
MISSOULA, Montana - Authorities say a woman has died after losing control of her pickup truck on the icy roads of Interstate 90 near Drummond.
- 55 GOP state lawmakers urge Bullock to block Syrian refugees Updated: Nov-24-15 1:29 pm
HELENA, Montana - Just over one-third of Montana's legislators are asking Democratic Gov. Steve Bullock to use all legal means to block or resist the placement of Syrian refugees in Montana.
- Montana, South Dakota governors make wager on playoff game Updated: Nov-24-15 6:11 am
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota Gov. Dennis Daugaard and Montana Gov. Steve Bullock have a little extra riding on Saturday's Football Championship Subdivision playoff game between South Dakota State University and the University of Montana.
- Media groups get involved in author's lawsuit in Montana Updated: Nov-23-15 6:40 pm
HELENA, Montana - A pending lawsuit by "Into the Wild" author Jon Krakauer will be the nation's first test following the U.S. Supreme Court's 2012 Obamacare ruling of whether state education officials can use the threat of lost federal funding to justify refusing public records requests.
- Montana Republican Party names new executive director Updated: Nov-21-15 11:13 am
HELENA, Montana - The Montana Republican Party has named as its new executive director a man who has worked on election campaigns in four other states.
- Montana lawmakers to look at proposals to increase their pay Updated: Nov-16-15 2:09 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana lawmakers plan to look at proposals to increase their pay.
- Montana 1 of 5 states to prohibit online sports gaming Updated: Nov-15-15 2:51 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - On Nov. 10 the New York Attorney General's Office issued a cease and desist order directing fantasy sports companies DraftKings and FanDuel to stop accepting bets from New York residents, and categorizing these companies activities as illegal gambling under New York law.
- Man dies in car crash south of Ennis Updated: Nov-09-15 5:20 pm
BUTTE, Montana - A 32-year-old Bozeman man died and a 21-year-old Bozeman woman was injured in a one-vehicle crash south of Ennis.
- Woman killed when SUV rear-ends pickup truck Updated: Nov-06-15 10:59 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - A 75-year-old Bridger woman was killed and her passenger was injured when the sport utility vehicle she was driving rear-ended a pickup truck that had slowed down to turn off U.S. Highway 310 near Edgar.
- Denise Juneau launches campaign for Montana's US House seat Updated: Nov-04-15 5:24 pm
HELENA, Montana - The first female Native American elected to a statewide office in Montana is setting her sights on Congress.
- Montana seeks court ruling to end medical marijuana sales Updated: Nov-04-15 5:00 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana is in the fifth year of a legal fight to severely restrict how medical marijuana is grown and distributed, even as attitudes in other parts of the nation appear to be shifting toward more tolerance for the drug.
- State Supreme Court to hear arguments on medical marijuana Updated: Nov-03-15 2:19 pm
HELENA, Montana - State attorneys will ask the Montana Supreme Court on Wednesday to allow them to enforce restrictions on medical marijuana that have been blocked for four years by a Helena judge, restrictions advocates say would cut off access for very ill patients.
- Canadian man pleads guilty to Montana drug charges Updated: Oct-30-15 4:06 pm
POLSON, Montana - A Canadian man has pleaded guilty to charges that he had 97 pounds of cocaine in a hidden compartment in his pickup truck while traveling through northwestern Montana.
- Audit finds railroad safety lacking during high oil traffic Updated: Oct-29-15 7:27 pm
HELENA, Montana - Montana's oversight of railroad safety falls short at a time when volatile crude oil train traffic from the Bakken region, already high, is only expected to increase, a new audit found.
- Former US Senate candidate to run for state House seat Updated: Oct-29-15 11:13 am
BUTTE, Montana - High school math teacher and former U.S. Senate candidate Amanda Curtis has announced she's getting back on the campaign trial, this time for the state Legislature.
- Man suspected in fatal hit-and-run near Dillon is arrested Updated: Oct-28-15 9:23 pm
BUTTE, Montana - Authorities have arrested a man suspected of fleeing the scene after striking and killing a woman who was walking along Interstate 15 near Dillon.
- Meeting discusses future of Colstrip Updated: Oct-28-15 3:34 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Montana officials urged their Washington counterparts to tread carefully when making decisions about the future of Montana's Colstrip Generating Station, a major electrical producer and employer.