- $75M bet at NH's mini casinos in name of charity Updated: Dec-08-13 9:05 am
- Panel votes to back casino in New Hampshire Updated: Dec-06-13 2:55 pm
- Bill raises NH gas, diesel tax about 4 cents Updated: Dec-05-13 3:20 pm
- Tax collections in November slightly below plan Updated: Dec-04-13 1:08 pm
- Transportation, lawmakers working on highway plan Updated: Dec-01-13 8:16 am
- Audit faults NH's prison work-release program Updated: Nov-27-13 10:31 am
- Leaders: Medicaid expansion still possible in NH Updated: Nov-23-13 9:26 am
- NH union members ratify contract with state Updated: Nov-18-13 6:49 pm
SALEM, New Hampshire - As New Hampshire debates legalizing a commercial casino, the charities that rely on games of chance to raise millions of dollars every year worry that a big-name gambling hall would siphon off crucial revenue for the services they provide.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A special gambling panel charged with developing regulations for a future casino voted Friday to recommend that New Hampshire legalize one casino with up to 5,000 video slots and 150 table games.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A Derry Republican is proposing using an inflation formula to increase New Hampshire's gas and diesel tax about 4 cents next July.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's tax collections are $23 million above estimates so far this fiscal year despite falling slightly below projections in November.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Lawmakers are holding a work session on a draft of New Hampshire's 10-year highway plan.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A legislative audit is faulting New Hampshire's prison work-release program for failing to adequately monitor prisoners to determine what works to keep them from reoffending.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican and Democratic legislative leaders remain upbeat about the odds of expanding Medicaid to an estimated 49,000 poor New Hampshire adults despite the recent failed vote.
CONCORD, New Hampshire - State workers have ratified a tentative contract agreement with New Hampshire that requires workers to pay a deductible for the first time, but shares health plan savings with the workers in exchange.