- Blatter: French, German presidents tried influence WCup vote Updated: Jul-04-15 10:02 pm
BERLIN - FIFA president Sepp Blatter said in a Sunday newspaper interview that French and German presidents applied political pressure before the 2018 and 2022 World Cups were awarded to Russia and Qatar, respectively.
- Missed penalty kick costs Germany in 2-0 loss to US Updated: Jun-30-15 10:42 pm
MONTREAL - Celia Sasic picked a bad time for Germany's first missed penalty kick in the Women's World Cup.
- Germany tops France 5-4 in shootout to reach World Cup semis Updated: Jun-26-15 9:27 pm
MONTREAL - Germany coach Silvia Neid needed five volunteers for the shootout that could beat France and put the two-time Women's World Cup champions into the semifinals.
- Morgan, Lloyd score in 2-0 US victory over Colombia Updated: Jun-23-15 12:20 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Now that Alex Morgan has a goal, she doesn't want to look back on the opportunities she's missed.
- French women beat South Korea 3-0 in World Cup round of 16 Updated: Jun-21-15 7:36 pm
MONTREAL - The French-speaking and France-favoring crowd sang "La Marseillaise" three times during Sunday's game against South Korea.
- Platini has big decision in great game for FIFA throne Updated: Jun-20-15 2:17 am
GENEVA - After years of waiting, Michel Platini's destiny with FIFA is coming faster than he thought.
- Is it worth making enemies of Russia, Qatar over football? Updated: Jun-18-15 5:44 am
PARIS - The opportunity to score points by bashing FIFA, Russia and Qatar was too good for the parliamentarians to pass up. One by one, they lined up to take shots. It was the political equivalent of shooting fish in a barrel: easy.
- France routs Mexico 5-0 at Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-18-15 12:16 am
Marie Delie scored off a header 34th seconds in, the second-fastest goal in the history of the Women's World Cup, and France routed Mexico 5-0 Wednesday night at Ottawa, Ontario, to win Group F on goal difference over England.
- South Korea beats Spain 2-1, advances in Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-17-15 9:50 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - Soo-yun Kim scored the winner in the 78th minute to cap South Korea's 2-1 comeback over Spain Wednesday night at Ottawa, Ontario, to reach the knockout stage of the Women's World Cup.
- England beats Mexico 2-0 at Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-13-15 6:05 pm
Fran Kirby and Karen Carney scored in the second half, and England beat Mexico 2-1 Saturday at the Women's World Cup in Moncton, New Brunswick.
- Colombia stuns France 2-0 in Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-13-15 4:56 pm
Lady Andrade and Catalina Usme scored goals as Colombia stunned third-ranked France 2-0 Saturday in one of the biggest upsets in Women's World Cup history.
- Ireland shreds game programs over CEO's FIFA crisis comments Updated: Jun-13-15 12:32 pm
DUBLIN - The Football Association of Ireland says it shredded the 18,000 programs for Saturday's Euro 2016 qualifier against Scotland because they contained comments about the FIFA crisis.
- Platini declines to say if he will seek FIFA presidency Updated: Jun-10-15 6:27 am
PARIS - Michel Platini declined to divulge his intentions for the FIFA presidency.
- France beats England 1-0 Updated: Jun-09-15 3:27 pm
Eugenie Le Sommer scored her first Women's World Cup goal and France beat England 1-0 on Tuesday in rainy Moncton, New Brunswick.
- Stanford star Morris gets his chance with US national team Updated: Jun-09-15 11:31 am
STANFORD, California - The tattoo was his mother's idea about five years ago.
- Fellaini scores twice as Belgium wins 4-3 away to France Updated: Jun-07-15 6:00 pm
PARIS - Manchester United midfielder Marouane Fellaini scored twice as Belgium produced a scintillating attacking display to win 4-3 away to France on Sunday.