- Thousands honor soldiers on 100th year of Gallipoli battle Updated: Apr-25-15 10:05 am
GALLIPOLI, Turkey - For the first time at age 95, Bill Grayden has come to Gallipoli, where his father stormed the beach and took a bullet through his lung during the ill-fated British-led World War I invasion.
- Armenia marks centennial of killing of 1.5 million Updated: Apr-24-15 4:44 pm
YEREVAN, Armenia - The presidents of Russia and France joined other leaders Friday at ceremonies commemorating the massacre of Armenians a century ago by Ottoman Turks, an event which still stirs bitter feelings as both sides argue over whether to call it genocide.
- Erdogan: Turkey's ancestors never committed genocide Updated: Apr-23-15 9:13 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - On the eve of the day marking the centenary of the Ottoman massacres of Armenians, Turkey's president said Thursday his nation's ancestors never committed genocide.
- Turkey recalls ambassador to Austria over genocide remarks Updated: Apr-22-15 3:19 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkey said Wednesday it is recalling its ambassador to Austria after parties represented in parliament signed a declaration recognizing the massacre of Armenians a century ago as genocide.
- Erdogan slams European plans to destroy traffickers' vessels Updated: Apr-22-15 1:16 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Wednesday condemned what he said were suggestions in Europe to sink human traffickers' vessels, insisting the plans would leave migrants "to their deaths."
- German Parliament to label killings of Armenians as genocide Updated: Apr-20-15 8:46 am
BERLIN - Germany's Parliament is set to use the term genocide in a resolution marking the slaughter of Armenians by Ottoman Turks 100 years ago, and the government said Monday that it "stands behind" the motion drawn up by the ruling parties.
- Turkey lashes out at pope, EU over Armenia genocide comments Updated: Apr-15-15 4:25 pm
ISTANBUL - Turkey was on the defensive Wednesday, lashing out at both Pope Francis and the European Union's legislature for their descriptions of the Ottoman-era killing of Armenians as genocide.
- Legislature calls on Turkey to respect Christians' rights Updated: Apr-08-15 5:38 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Legislature is urging the Turkish government to respect the religious freedom of Eastern Orthodox Christians.
- Erdogan slams brakes on Kurdish peace process ahead of polls Updated: Apr-08-15 6:46 am
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey - The peace process to end decades of violent strife between Turkey and Kurdish rebels has been one of Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan's signature achievements.
- Turkish president visits Iran despite tensions over Yemen Updated: Apr-07-15 2:07 pm
TEHRAN, Iran - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan visited Iran Tuesday amid deep differences between the two nations over the conflicts in Yemen and Syria.