- Analysis: US-Turkey deal on Syria a big gamble Updated: Aug-03-15 9:06 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama and Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan are both taking a big gamble as they agree to work together against the Islamic State group militants in Syria.
- Turkey onslaught on Kurds, after IS attack, fuels anger Updated: Jul-30-15 3:31 pm
DIYARBAKIR, Turkey - Just when it seemed Turkey was getting serious about the fight against IS, it has turned its military focus to pounding its old foe: the Kurdish rebels.
- Turkish attacks on Kurds muddle Obama's Islamic State fight Updated: Jul-29-15 4:31 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - President Barack Obama's stepped-up partnership with Turkey in fighting the Islamic State may come at the cost of alienating another key group he's counting on for help in the same conflict: the Kurds.
- Turkish gov't not ready to restart peace talks with Kurds Updated: Jul-29-15 12:05 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish jets hit Kurdish rebel targets in northern Iraq overnight and the government said strikes would continue until the rebels lay down their arms, despite calls Wednesday by the pro-Kurdish opposition for an immediate end to the violence and the resumption of peace efforts.
- Turkish President Erdogan in Beijing amid ethnic tensions Updated: Jul-29-15 9:01 am
BEIJING - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan met with top Chinese officials Wednesday amid tensions over China's treatment of its Uighur minority and sensitive negotiations surrounding the possible purchase of a Chinese missile system.
- The Latest: Saudi King voices support for Turkey's actions Updated: Jul-28-15 10:36 am
BRUSSELS - The Latest from NATO meeting on Islamic State group and related developments (all times local):
- Turkish troops target Kurdish fighters in northern Syria Updated: Jul-27-15 5:34 am
BEIRUT - Turkish troops have shelled a Syrian village near the border, targeting Kurdish fighters who have been battling the Islamic State group with the aid of U.S.-led airstrikes, Syria's main Kurdish militia and an activist group said Monday.
- In shift, Turkish jets strike Islamic State targets in Syria Updated: Jul-24-15 2:52 pm
ANKARA, Turkey - In a major tactical shift, Turkish warplanes struck Islamic State group targets across the border in Syria on Friday, a day after IS militants fired at a Turkish military outpost. A Syrian rights group said the airstrikes killed nine IS fighters.
- Turkish bombing of Islamic State marks end of tacit truce Updated: Jul-24-15 2:34 pm
ISTANBUL - Last month, the first edition of the Islamic State group's Turkish-language magazine contained not a word of criticism of the Turkish government. This week, the second edition calls Istanbul occupied territory and blasts President Recep Tayyip Erdogan as a tyrant.
- Turkey allows US to use key air base to strike Islamic State Updated: Jul-24-15 12:04 am
WASHINGTON - Turkey has agreed to let the U.S. military launch airstrikes against the Islamic State from a key air base near the Syrian border, senior U.S. officials said Thursday, giving a boost to the U.S.-led coalition while drawing Turkey deeper into the conflict.
- Turkish journalist fired over anti-Erdogan tweet Updated: Jul-23-15 6:55 am
ANKARA, Turkey - A prominent Turkish journalist has been fired by his newspaper over a tweet which suggested that President Recep Tayyip Erdogan was responsible for a suicide bombing this week that killed 32 people.
- Bombing shows Turkey a vulnerable target for Islamic State Updated: Jul-21-15 2:09 pm
ISTANBUL - Officials have raised concerns that a deadly bombing in southeastern Turkey is part of a campaign of retaliation by the Islamic State group for a recent crackdown on its operations in the country.