- Injury leads to South Carolina QB switch Updated: Oct-08-15 7:01 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Freshman Lorenzo Nunez's shoulder injury has led to the latest quarterback switch for South Carolina and coach Steve Spurrier.
- No football, but free admission at South Carolina events Updated: Oct-08-15 4:35 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina football fans may have lost a home game, but the school's athletic department is offering free admission, reduced concession prices and a way to donate to those affected by last weekend's devastating floods.
- South Carolina-LSU Preview Capsule Updated: Oct-08-15 3:44 pm
South Carolina (2-3, 0-3) at No. 7 LSU (4-0, 2-0 SEC), 3:30 p.m. (ESPN)
- LSU-South Carolina game moved to Louisiana due to flooding Updated: Oct-07-15 7:46 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina is moving its home game against LSU to Baton Rouge because of massive flooding around the university.
- AD not 100 percent sure South Carolina will host LSU game Updated: Oct-06-15 2:11 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina athletic director Ray Tanner is not "100 percent sure" that Saturday's football game against No. 7 LSU will be played at Williams-Brice Stadium because of the devastating floods that hit the state this past weekend.
- School says South Carolina game with No. 7 LSU still on Updated: Oct-05-15 4:47 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Athletic officials at the University of South Carolina say next Saturday's game against No. 7 LSU is still on despite flooding in portions of the city.
- Missouri beats South Carolina 24-10 Updated: Oct-03-15 3:35 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Three turnovers helped Missouri on its way to a 24-10 victory against South Carolina Saturday.
- Spurrier, Gamecocks have renewed hope with freshman QB Nunez Updated: Sep-29-15 2:34 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Steve Spurrier has two things he did not a week ago - a victory South Carolina can build from and hope that freshman quarterback Lorenzo Nunez can lead the Gamecocks to success.
- Missouri LB Brothers (ankle) questionable vs South Carolina Updated: Sep-28-15 8:26 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Linebacker Kentrell Brothers, who leads the nation in tackles, is questionable for Missouri's Southeastern Conference matchup with South Carolina Saturday after spraining his left ankle.
- Nunez, Cooper lead South Carolina to 31-14 victory Updated: Sep-26-15 4:44 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Lorenzo Nunez knows he's got a ways to go as South Carolina's quarterback, particularly with his blocking.
- Plenty of quarterback questions persist around the SEC Updated: Sep-23-15 7:36 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - Many of the questions that surrounded Southeastern Conference quarterbacks before the season remain unanswered.
- South Carolina's Ball Coach interviewed on Feherty show Updated: Sep-23-15 6:14 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier gets to talk about golf and other things away from the football field when he chats with David Feherty.
- Coach Steve Spurrier makes QB switch at South Carolina Updated: Sep-22-15 2:23 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Another week, another new starting quarterback at South Carolina.
- Center Alan Knott out several weeks for Gamecocks Updated: Sep-20-15 3:34 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina center Alan Knott is expected to miss several weeks after spraining his ankle during a loss to No. 7 Georgia.
- South Carolina 'totally dominated' in 52-20 loss to Georgia Updated: Sep-19-15 11:14 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Steve Spurrier stood stoically on the sideline, his arms folded.
- Lambert, Chubb lead No. 7 Georgia to 52-20 rout of SCarolina Updated: Sep-19-15 10:44 pm
ATHENS, Georgia - Greyson Lambert was so good, coach Mark Richt couldn't resist having a little fun.
- Week 3: SEC games, BYU-UCLA, Notre Dame-GaTech top lineup Updated: Sep-19-15 3:14 am
A few more teams from the Southeastern Conference could tumble in the next AP college football poll with three games featuring five of the league's seven that are among the Top 25.
- Ex-South Carolina RB Summers arrested on multiple charges Updated: Sep-18-15 6:24 pm
LEXINGTON, South Carolina - Authorities in Lexington County say former South Carolina running back Demetris Summers has been arrested on drug, gun and child-conduct charges
- Ex-South Carolina walk-on to start at QB vs No. 7 Georgia Updated: Sep-17-15 11:07 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Perry Orth did not worry about how difficult the climb would be, setting his sights on just one thing - playing football for South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier.
- Ethics board: It's legal for Haley to get season tickets Updated: Sep-16-15 6:30 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Add getting Gamecocks season football tickets in a luxury suite to the list of permissible perks for South Carolina's governor.
- Gamecocks quarterback Connor Mitch released from hospital Updated: Sep-15-15 3:19 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina quarterback Connor Mitch has been released from Palmetto Richland Hospital where he was being treated for an internal infection.
- ND's Zaire, Gamecocks' Mitch join long list of injured QBs Updated: Sep-14-15 2:04 pm
College football's early-season injury bug is wreaking havoc with quarterbacks.
- Orth's big mistake costs SCarolina in 26-22 loss to Kentucky Updated: Sep-13-15 12:48 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina backup quarterback Perry Orth came off the bench and led his team on a second half rally. But he said it's also his fault the Gamecocks came up short in a 26-22 loss to Kentucky Saturday night.
- Kentucky breaks 22-game road losing streak with 26-22 win Updated: Sep-13-15 12:34 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Kentucky hasn't won a road game in more than five years. But the Wildcats knew just what to do when they broke that 22-game streak with a 26-22 win Saturday night at South Carolina.
- North Carolina beats North Carolina A&T 53-14 Updated: Sep-12-15 10:49 pm
CHAPEL HILL, North Carolina - Marquise Williams bounced back from his poor season debut in a big way.