- Federal court hears arguments on Ala legislative districts Updated: Aug-25-15 11:07 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A panel of skeptical federal judges on Tuesday questioned a state lawyer on whether voter race was the predominant consideration when Republican lawmakers drew at least some of Alabama's new legislative districts.
- Federal judges to hear arguments in redistricting fight Updated: Aug-24-15 7:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A three-judge panel on Tuesday will hear arguments over whether Alabama's legislative districts were racially gerrymandered.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Aug-19-15 2:22 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Legislature's special session ends without budget Updated: Aug-11-15 6:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Special session number one is in the books. Bring on round two.
- Alabama lawmakers vote to let boards meet by phone Updated: Aug-11-15 5:29 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers have voted to allow members of some governmental boards and commissions to phone in their votes at public meetings.
- Alabama lawmaker starts online fundraiser for state budget Updated: Aug-11-15 12:19 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama legislator has started an online fundraiser for the state's budget.
- Gambling legislation clears first legislative hurdle Updated: Aug-04-15 1:28 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Gambling legislation has cleared its first hurdle in the Alabama Legislature.
- Panel votes out bills on marriage, guns and monuments Updated: Aug-03-15 9:32 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state Senate committee on Monday approved a trio of hot-button issue bills related to guns, gay marriage and the removal of Confederate monuments.
- Lawmaker charged after shooting out ex-wife's tires Updated: Jul-31-15 8:29 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state representative has admitted he shot out the tires of his ex-wife's car during an argument, but his ex says she wants charges against him dropped.