- Budget matters loom large on legislative session's final day Updated: Jul-01-15 6:56 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware lawmakers approved a $3.9 billion operating budget early Wednesday, shortly after the start of the new fiscal year, after resolving an impasse over a transportation funding bill that was the subject of partisan bickering and intense closed-door negotiations between Republicans and Democrats.
- New Delaware law allows immigrant driving cards Updated: Jun-30-15 11:19 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Gov. Jack Markell has signed legislation allowing certain people living in the U.S. illegally to gain driving privileges in Delaware.
- Delaware lawmakers bow to local pressure on real estate tax Updated: Jun-29-15 6:20 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Members of the legislature's budget-writing committee have caved to pressure from local governments and will reverse a decision to give the state a larger share of real estate transfer taxes.
- School aid formula being considered creates winners, losers Updated: Jun-29-15 11:20 am
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A new public school funding formula being considered by the Legislature would create winners and losers as it seeks a way to link the distribution of state aid more closely to need.
- Delaware lawmakers continue work on capital budget Updated: Jun-26-15 4:49 am
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware lawmakers are continuing work on a capital budget for the fiscal year that starts next week.
- Settlement money, nonprofit cuts among Delaware budget fixes Updated: Jun-24-15 7:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The General Assembly's budget-writing committee is relying on cuts to nonprofit groups and money from a nationwide financial settlement to balance a spending plan for the fiscal year starting next week.
- Delaware lawmakers eye court access bill Updated: Jun-24-15 4:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate is set to vote on a bill that could make the workings of Delaware's Family Court system more transparent.
- Delaware Senate rejects amendment expanding bail denial Updated: Jun-23-15 6:49 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate dealt a resounding defeat Tuesday to a proposed constitutional amendment allowing bail to be denied for defendants charged with non-capital crimes.
- Delaware governors signs marijuana decriminalization bill Updated: Jun-18-15 7:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware Gov. Jack Markell has signed legislation decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana.