- Delaware lawmakers leery of cutting senior tax subsidies Updated: May-21-15 5:31 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Delaware's legislative budget writers signaled Thursday that they have no political appetite to swallow Democratic Gov. Jack Markell's proposal to cut property tax breaks for senior citizens in order to balance the budget for the fiscal year starting July 1.
- House Democrats pass proposal to raise vehicle fees Updated: May-14-15 8:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A proposal by Democratic lawmakers to raise motor vehicle fees to pay for road and infrastructure improvements cleared the House on a straight party-line vote Thursday.
- Death penalty repeal bill fails to clear House committee Updated: May-13-15 3:39 pm
A bill to abolish Delaware's death penalty failed to clear a House committee Wednesday after winning narrow passage in the Senate, the same fate suffered by similar legislation two years ago.
- Senate passes bill prohibiting bylaws on fee shifting Updated: May-12-15 7:07 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate has passed a measure prohibiting publicly traded corporations from enacting bylaws that force shareholders to pay legal fees if they challenge the company in court and lose.
- House Oks bill allowing students to skip standardized tests Updated: May-07-15 7:56 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state House on Thursday overwhelmingly passed a bill allowing public school students to opt out of state standardized testing, but the legislation faces a possible veto by Gov. Jack Markell if it passes the Senate.
- House committee releases marijuana decriminalization bill Updated: May-06-15 8:34 pm
DOVER, Delaware - A bill decriminalizing possession of small amounts of marijuana has cleared a Delaware legislative panel and is headed to the House floor for a vote.
- House delays vote on indoor ban on electronic cigarettes Updated: Apr-30-15 6:13 pm
DOVER, Delaware - The state House has postponed a vote on legislation adding electronic cigarettes to Delaware's indoor smoking ban.
- Legislation allowing Delaware 'right-to-work' zones stalls Updated: Apr-29-15 7:04 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Republican legislation allowing "right-to-work" zones in Delaware stalled in a Democratic-led Senate committee Wednesday amid complaints from organized labor that it is a union-busting measure.
- Delaware Senate considers moratorium on charter schools Updated: Apr-28-15 2:19 am
DOVER, Delaware - The state Senate is poised to vote on a bill establishing a moratorium on new charter schools in Delaware.
- Delaware bill allows land banks to acquire vacant properties Updated: Apr-27-15 1:47 pm
DOVER, Delaware - Democratic state lawmakers have introduced legislation making it easier for local governments to acquire and redevelop abandoned and vacant real estate.