- State Supreme Court rejects appeal in baby's death Updated: Apr-16-14 10:08 am
- Audit: La. courts lack effective collection method Updated: Apr-07-14 1:17 pm
- Panel: NO city councilman violated ethics rules Updated: Mar-27-14 6:38 am
- La. Supreme Court names administrator Updated: Mar-24-14 4:08 am
- High court to Orleans: pay $17M for NOFD pensions Updated: Mar-23-14 8:16 pm
HOUMA, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court rejected an appeal from a Chauvin man serving life in Angola Prison after he was convicted of killing a 10-month-old boy in 2007.
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana district courts lack effective processes for collecting court costs and fines, with an estimated $126 million going uncollected in 2012, an audit report released Monday said.
NEW ORLEANS - A committee of the Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board has recommended that New Orleans City Councilman James Gray be disbarred or have his law license suspended for at least three years for mishandling four of his private law cases, violating a dozen ethical rules in the process.
NEW ORLEANS - Sandra Vujnovich has been appointed judicial administrator by the Louisiana Supreme Court.
NEW ORLEANS - The city of New Orleans must pay $17.5 million for its share of the fire department's retirement fund for 2010 through 2012, The Louisiana Supreme Court has ruled.