- Louisiana Supreme Court to pick judge to hear bugging case Updated: Jul-30-15 7:11 am
AMITE, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court will decide who will preside over a criminal case against a Florida Parishes Juvenile Detention Center secretary.
- SC high court further reduces penalty in drug marketing case Updated: Jul-08-15 11:57 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's highest court has further reduced the penalty against a Johnson & Johnson subsidiary accused of deceptive drug marketing.
- Court: Redo judge selection for Sharper co-defendants Updated: Jul-07-15 9:14 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A Louisiana appeals court has ordered New Orleans' criminal court to redo the judge selection for two New Orleans co-defendants of former football player Darren Sharper who have been charged with rape.
- La. Supreme Court dismisses same-sex marriage appeal as moot Updated: Jul-07-15 6:41 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Louisiana's Supreme Court on Tuesday dismissed as moot an appeal of a state judge's ruling declaring the state's same-sex marriage ban unconstitutional - but it wasn't a unanimous decision.
- Court: 2012 law affecting tenured teachers constitutional Updated: Jul-03-15 10:47 am
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - The Louisiana Supreme Court has reversed a lower court decision that found unconstitutional a 2012 law that gave state school superintendents wide discretion in firing tenured teachers.
- Supreme Court disbars St Tammany lawyer Updated: Jul-02-15 6:54 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The Louisiana Supreme Court has disbarred Nanine McCool, a St. Tammany Parish lawyer who unsuccessfully ran for a judge's seat last year.
- 4 men serving life sentences win new trial Updated: Jul-02-15 4:24 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The convictions of four men accused of raping a 15-year-old girl during a party in 2008 at a Madisonville home have been overturned by the Louisiana Supreme Court.