- Panel does not recommend scrapping Common Core Updated: Dec-11-13 2:25 pm
- Wisconsin Democrats push minimum wage hike Updated: Dec-10-13 6:08 pm
- Wis. superintendent comments on standards released Updated: Dec-10-13 4:25 pm
- About 7,200 Wis. residents selected health plans Updated: Dec-10-13 3:53 pm
- Bill would require 30 minutes of daily gym class Updated: Dec-09-13 1:27 pm
- Cell phone ban in construction zones sought Updated: Dec-06-13 2:17 pm
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Dec-04-13 3:08 pm
- Judges in Chicago question Wisconsin abortion law Updated: Dec-03-13 6:51 pm
- Assembly leader backs online court records limits Updated: Nov-29-13 12:44 pm
- Kaufert considers bill targeting 'knockout game' Updated: Nov-27-13 12:10 pm
- Battle of abortion-themed license plates continues Updated: Nov-26-13 9:47 am
- Bipartisan bill targets storing plate data Updated: Nov-20-13 10:01 am
- Kulp, Rodriguez win Assembly seats Updated: Nov-20-13 7:16 am
- Wis. Assembly to convene in December on Medicaid Updated: Nov-19-13 5:59 pm
- Goofy Wisconsin Assembly session had it all Updated: Nov-15-13 2:48 pm
- Assembly ends session with bitter fights Updated: Nov-15-13 3:31 am
- Assembly votes to create anti-abortion plates Updated: Nov-15-13 1:19 am
- Wis. Assembly passes restrictions on mine access Updated: Nov-14-13 11:35 pm
- Republicans pass photo ID, recall changes Updated: Nov-14-13 10:37 pm
- Assembly Republicans pass voter ID proposal Updated: Nov-14-13 8:40 pm
- Change to Wis. chief justice selection passes Updated: Nov-14-13 6:43 pm
- Wis. Assembly set to pass pro-life license plates Updated: Nov-14-13 5:07 am
- Wis. Assembly passes revenge pornography bill Updated: Nov-12-13 8:17 pm
- Wis. Assembly OKs mental health bills Updated: Nov-12-13 6:11 pm
- Wis. Assembly OKs money for respite centers Updated: Nov-12-13 4:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Republican-led state Assembly committee recommended Wednesday that the Legislature establish a process to review Common Core academic standards in place in Wisconsin, ignoring pressure from tea party conservatives to immediately scrap the standards.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrats in the Wisconsin Legislature, including possible gubernatorial candidate Sen. Kathleen Vinehout, called on Republicans Tuesday to hold a public hearing on a bill to increase the minimum wage.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Responses from nearly 100 school superintendents across Wisconsin with their feelings about the Common Core academic standards have been released by a legislative committee.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Around 7,200 people in Wisconsin have purchased health insurance through the federal website, eight times are many who had signed up through October, the deputy state insurance commissioner said Tuesday.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Elementary school students in Wisconsin would have at least half an hour of daily physical education under a bill backed by Republican Rep. Chad Weininger, of Green Bay.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Drivers would be barred from talking on their cellphones while in a construction zone under a bill being circulated in the Wisconsin state Legislature.
Appleton Post-Crescent, Nov. 29
CHICAGO - An appellate court on Tuesday questioned a lawyer for the state of Wisconsin about why lawmakers singled out abortion clinics in requiring their doctors to have admitting privileges at nearby hospitals, as judges heard arguments about the hotly debated law.
MILWAUKEE - The top lawmaker in the Wisconsin Assembly said he favors expunging unproven charges from the state's online court records system but expressed reservations about another bill limiting access to pending cases.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Republican state lawmaker says he is considering introducing a bill targeting the violent "knockout game" in which youths sucker-punch innocent bystanders for kicks.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Two weeks after Republicans who control the state Assembly voted to create anti-abortion license plates that say "Choose Life," Democrats have introduced a proposal to create plates that say "Support Planned Parenthood."
MADISON, Wisconsin - A bipartisan bill in the state Legislature would curtail the growing practice by police in Wisconsin of recording and storing civilian license plate images.
MILWAUKEE - Republican Bob Kulp has won the 69th Assembly seat vacated by Assembly Majority Leader Scott Suder (SOO'-der). Kulp will serve the remaining 13 months of Suder's term. He defeated Democrat Ken Slezak and independent Tim Swiggum, the former mayor of Owen. The 69th district is in Clark County.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Assembly plans to convene next month to take up bills that would extend health coverage for almost 100,000 people for another three months.
MADISON, Wisconsin - It's said nothing good ever happens after midnight.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Assembly wound down its last regular session day of the year in the early morning hours Friday with bitter partisan flare-ups, a broken deal over an anti-abortion license plate, a refusal to honor victims of the Sandy Hook shooting and a series of party line votes on changes to election law.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Assembly has voted to create anti-abortion license plates after a bipartisan deal that would have created a new way of authorizing specialty plates fell apart.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Public access to a proposed iron ore mine site in northern Wisconsin would be restricted under a bill headed to Gov. Scott Walker for his consideration.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Assembly Republicans used the final regular session day of the year Thursday to push their proposals that would make it more difficult to remove public officials from office, require photo identification at the polls and limit hours of in-person absentee voting.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The latest approach to require that voters show photo identification at the polls has passed the Wisconsin state Assembly.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Assembly has passed a constitutional amendment that would end the 124-year practice of having the most senior member of the Wisconsin Supreme Court serve as chief justice.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Assembly is poised to pass a bill that would create anti-abortion license plates that would generate money for adoptions.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Assembly overwhelmingly passed a Republican proposal Tuesday that would outlaw the posting of revenge porn, moving Wisconsin closer to becoming the third state in the country to crack down on ex-lovers spreading nude pictures of each other.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Assembly passed a set of bills Tuesday designed to enhance mental health care statewide, including proposals that would expand government coverage for mental health services, shore up services in underserved areas and pump more money into respite centers.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Assembly has passed a bill that would pump more money into the state's efforts to create respite centers for people struggling with mental health problems or drug abuse.