- Bucks spent most lobbying Wisconsin lawmakers through June Updated: Aug-21-15 1:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks spent more money lobbying the Wisconsin Legislature than any other organization during the first half of the year, as the NBA team was pushing for approval of a new basketball arena.
- Bucks spent most on lobbying state lawmakers through June Updated: Aug-21-15 1:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks spent more money lobbying the Wisconsin Legislature than any other organization during the first half of the year, as the NBA team was pushing for approval of a new basketball arena, a report released Friday showed.
- Wisconsin Assembly committee to vote on fetal tissue ban Updated: Aug-21-15 1:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The chairman of the Wisconsin State Assembly criminal justice committee says the panel plans to vote Sept. 9 on a bill that would make it a felony to perform research using tissue obtained from aborted fetuses.
- Committee votes unanimously not to override Walker veto Updated: Aug-21-15 10:43 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Legislature's budget committee has voted unanimously not to override Gov. Scott Walker's decision to employ a rarely used veto power to block a $3 million fund transfer.
- Assembly panel approves restricting John Doe probes Updated: Aug-20-15 11:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A state Assembly committee has approved a Republican bill that would restrict John Doe investigations like ones that looked into Gov. Scott Walker and his aides.
- Wisconsin lawmakers to consider merger of colleges Updated: Aug-12-15 3:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Some state lawmakers are reviving an idea to merge the University of Wisconsin System's 13 two-year colleges with the Wisconsin Technical College System's 16 technical college districts in an effort to cut duplication and save tax money.
- Bill banning use of aborted fetal tissue gets hearing Updated: Aug-10-15 11:43 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin-Madison researchers oppose a bill that would ban the use of aborted fetal tissue in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin Hmong leaders work to legalize cultural weddings Updated: Aug-07-15 12:40 pm
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wisconsin - Hmong leaders in Wisconsin are lobbying for a state law that would give legal status to cultural weddings so couples wouldn't need two ceremonies.
- Legislator proposes exotic animal ban in wake of lion hunt Updated: Aug-02-15 5:13 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Lions and tigers and bears - maybe in Oz, but not in Wisconsin if one Republican legislator gets his way.