- Texans' Mallett forced into 21-14 preseason loss to Cowboys Updated: Sep-04-15 12:56 am
ARLINGTON, Texas - Backup Houston quarterback Ryan Mallett was forced into the game unexpectedly when third-stringer Tom Savage went out with an apparent shoulder injury in the fourth quarter of the preseason finale.
- Bears acquire TE Lee from Houston Updated: Sep-02-15 1:59 pm
- Tarpinian released by Texans on deadline to cut roster to 75 Updated: Sep-01-15 9:23 pm
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have cut 11 players, including linebacker Jeff Tarpinian, and placed rookie linebacker Reshard Cliett on injured reserve on the deadline to reduce rosters to 75 players.
- Case Keenum wins job as Rams backup QB Updated: Sep-01-15 5:39 pm
ST. LOUIS - When the Rams pulled off their blockbuster trade of Sam Bradford to the Eagles for Nick Foles back in the offseason, they also sent a seventh-round pick to the Texans to re-acquire Case Keenum.
- Broncos trade tackle Chris Clark to Houston Updated: Aug-31-15 5:27 pm
ENGLEWOOD, Colorado - Chris Clark is joining the superstar he couldn't beat.
- Texans take preseason win over Saints 27-13 Updated: Aug-30-15 10:30 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Brian Hoyer sounded pleased about his first game as the Houston Texans' designated starter.
- Texans RB Grimes escapes by playing piano, writing songs Updated: Aug-27-15 5:55 pm
HOUSTON - Jonathan Grimes got an NFL pink slip four times before finally hanging on with the Houston Texans and spending all of last season with the team.
- Texans QB Mallett misses practice for personal issue Updated: Aug-27-15 1:24 pm
HOUSTON - Houston Texans backup quarterback Ryan Mallett missed practice on Thursday for what coach Bill O'Brien called a personal issue.
- Clowney should be ready for Texans' opener vs Chiefs Updated: Aug-26-15 3:30 pm
HOUSTON - Jadeveon Clowney is expected to play in Houston's season opener against the Kansas City Chiefs on Sept. 13.
- O'Brien names Hoyer the Texans' starting quarterback Updated: Aug-24-15 6:42 pm
HOUSTON - Now that he's been named Houston's starting quarterback Brian Hoyer knows he'll have to continue to perform to keep that job.
- Manning debuts and reserves lead Broncos over Texans 14-10 Updated: Aug-23-15 12:50 am
HOUSTON - Coach Gary Kubiak was happy with Peyton Manning's preseason debut despite his inability to score in more than a quarter of work on Saturday night.
- Astros' star Correa, J.J. Watt hang out at Texans camp Updated: Aug-18-15 7:20 pm
HOUSTON - Astros star Carlos Correa is having second thoughts about jokingly saying he would like to try out for the Houston Texans after an impressive tackle of 5-foot-5 Jose Altuve during a postgame celebration last weekend.
- Hoyer throws TD pass, helps Texans beat 49ers 23-10 Updated: Aug-16-15 12:29 am
HOUSTON - Brian Hoyer made the most of his limited opportunity Saturday night.
- With Foster out, Blue prepared to step up for Texans Updated: Aug-11-15 3:51 pm
HOUSTON - Alfred Blue isn't daunted at the prospect of filling in for Arian Foster.
- Joint practice ends after Redskins, Texans start brawling Updated: Aug-08-15 2:29 pm
- Texans' All-Pro Watt trying to be 'best athlete possible' Updated: Aug-07-15 4:48 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - J.J. Watt had just finished a 2 1/2-hour practice when he headed for the ball toss machine.
- Rebuilding of O-line takes interesting turn for Redskins Updated: Aug-06-15 5:41 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The process of rebuilding the right side of the Washington Redskins' offensive line has taken an interesting turn.