- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support Updated: Dec-20-13 8:28 pm
- UCLA sued over primate research records Updated: Dec-19-13 9:27 pm
- Gates Foundation hires California university head Updated: Dec-17-13 3:11 pm
- Basu: Mandela taught us to take injustice personally Updated: Dec-10-13 11:49 am
- Low minimum wage is a not just a U.S. problem Updated: Dec-09-13 12:52 pm
- Dan Thomasson: Banks know how to pass the buck Updated: Dec-09-13 12:49 pm
- Calif. nuptials increase after gay marriage ruling Updated: Nov-25-13 10:46 pm
- 3 UC Santa Barbara students sick from meningitis Updated: Nov-21-13 4:49 pm
OAKLAND, California - A judge on Friday ordered a California hospital to keep a girl declared brain dead on life support following what was supposed to be a routine tonsillectomy.
LOS ANGELES - An animal rights group has sued the University of California, Los Angeles, for refusing to release records on its use of primates in lab experiments.
Nelson Mandela is being remembered as a towering giant, the sort of hero of whom President Barack Obama said, "few of us will share space with on this Earth again." It is hard to say enough about the courage, wisdom, sacrifice and persistence the former freedom fighter and later South Africa's president showed in paving the way for an end to apartheid and the birth of a new nation. Equally remarkable was his leadership in forgiving and reaching out to former adversaries without bitterness.
Last week 3.5 million Bangladeshi garment workers got their minimum pay raised to $67 a month, an 80 percent increase. It was one of the Bangladeshi government's responses to April's collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building that killed 1,100 mostly female garment workers, prompting an international uproar and leading Western retailers to improve working conditions at their supplier factories there.
WASHINGTON-It has always been a Bob Cratchit/Ebenezer Scrooge sort of business..."empty as a banker's heart" and so forth.
SAN FRANCISCO - More California couples tied the knot in July following the U.S. Supreme Court's historic ruling allowing same-sex marriages in the state than in any other month since 2006, according to new data.
SANTA BARBARA, California - A bacterial meningitis outbreak has sickened three students at the University of California, Santa Barbara, health officials said Thursday.