- Doubts about honesty led to university chancellor's removal Updated: Apr-29-16 3:29 am
SAN FRANCISCO - University of California President Janet Napolitano felt compelled to remove the chancellor of UC Davis after documents contradicted the campus leader's contention that she did not have any dealings with contractors that were hired to bolster the school's image online, a university spokeswoman said Thursday.
- Independent probe of Hawaii lab explosion expected in May Updated: Apr-27-16 7:01 pm
HONOLULU - The University of Hawaii says an independent investigation into what caused a laboratory explosion that seriously injured a visiting researcher has been delayed by several weeks.
- Researchers: Rain, lack of snow caused murkier Lake Tahoe Updated: Apr-20-16 12:37 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Researchers say the waters of Lake Tahoe grew murkier in 2015, in part because of a lack of mountain snow.
- UC Davis chancellor acknowledges missteps, promises forums Updated: Apr-19-16 1:47 am
DAVIS, California - University of California, Davis Chancellor Linda Katehi said her office hired online image consultants to ensure searches showed the university's achievement and not to erase online content.
- The Latest: University: UC probe will have more on lab blast Updated: Apr-18-16 11:10 pm
HONOLULU - The Latest on the Honolulu Fire Department's report on a lab explosion at the University of Hawaii last month (all times local):
- The Latest: LAX police say Arabic-speaking man broke no law Updated: Apr-18-16 6:49 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on a University of California, Berkeley, student removed from an airliner after a passenger observed him speaking in Arabic on his phone: (all times local):
- Berkeley provost criticized for lax discipline resigns post Updated: Apr-16-16 2:27 am
BERKELEY, California - The University of California, Berkeley's second-highest ranking administrator - who had faced criticism for allegedly being too lenient on a fellow administrator accused of sexual harassment - resigned from his post, citing personal reasons.
- AP Explains: How to clean up your online reputation Updated: Apr-15-16 4:30 pm
NEW YORK - Messy party photos, offensive tweets, pepper spraying student protesters ... sometimes, you just want a do-over when it comes to your online presence. And for a hefty price tag, you can.
- Family reaches $4.75M settlement in death of football player Updated: Apr-14-16 3:56 pm
BERKELEY, California - The family of a University of California, Berkeley, football player who died after a team drill in 2014 has settled a wrongful death lawsuit with the school system for $4.75 million, officials said Thursday.
- UC Berkeley to eliminate 500 staff jobs Updated: Apr-12-16 7:51 pm
BERKELEY, California - University of California, Berkeley will eliminate about 500 employees over two years to help balance its 2019-20 budget.
- Demand for the new Tesla is wild, but limited to tech fans Updated: Apr-12-16 5:44 pm
DETROIT - Demand for Tesla's new Model 3 has been eye-popping, with consumers pre-ordering about $13.7 billion worth of the electric sedans nearly two years before they go on sale.