- Massachusetts Senate OKs bill to address opioid crisis Updated: Oct-01-15 8:51 pm
BOSTON - Prompted by a deadly wave of opioid addiction in the state, the Massachusetts Senate on Thursday unanimously passed a bill that would encourage doctors to consider new approaches for treating pain and would increase screening of public school students for potential substance abuse.
- DeLeo: Public records bill up soon in Massachusetts House Updated: Sep-30-15 3:12 pm
BOSTON - Speaker Robert DeLeo says he expects the Massachusetts House to vote sometime in the next week or two on a bill aimed at revamping the state's public records law.
- Bill would allow drug offenders to retain driver's licenses Updated: Sep-24-15 5:45 pm
BOSTON - Convicted drug offenders would no longer have their driver's licenses automatically suspended, under a bill the Massachusetts Senate unanimously approved Thursday.
- Senate OKs bill barring teens under 18 from tanning salons Updated: Sep-24-15 3:05 pm
BOSTON - The Massachusetts Senate on Thursday unanimously passed a bill that would bar anyone under age 18 from using tanning beds.
- DeLeo planning to seek another term as House speaker Updated: Sep-08-15 6:12 pm
BOSTON - House Speaker Robert DeLeo is planning to run for another term as head of the Massachusetts House.