- NJ lawmakers try again on Barnegat Bay pollution limits Updated: Jan-25-16 5:37 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers are trying again to impose daily limits on the amount of pollutants that can be allowed to wash into the fragile Barnegat Bay.
- Assembly speaker outlines plan to address poverty Updated: Jan-20-16 12:21 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Assembly Speaker Vincent Prieto says lawmakers will focus on rolling back poverty in the state in the new legislative session.
- Christie vetoes bill requiring recess for young students Updated: Jan-19-16 5:42 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A bill that would have ensured young school students got 20 minutes a day of recess will not become law in New Jersey.
- Smart gun bill, ban on certain convicts owning guns vetoed Updated: Jan-19-16 5:19 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie vetoed a pair of gun-related bills Tuesday, one that proposed changing New Jersey's strict requirement that firearm dealers eventually sell only so-called "smart guns" and another measure that would have barred carjackers and other convicts from owning a gun.
- Gov. Christie unveils new ideas, then leaves New Jersey Updated: Jan-16-16 11:08 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie unveiled plans to re-create a state prison as a drug treatment facility and slash the estate tax but immediately left New Jersey for the presidential campaign trail, raising questions about how he'll push for his priorities.
- Disagreement over Port Authority reform continues Updated: Jan-14-16 4:02 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A long-running effort by New Jersey and New York to pass the same legislation to overhaul the powerful bistate agency that controls the region's airports, bridges and tunnels failed to advance on Thursday.
- Atlantic City casino revenue cut by half over 9 years Updated: Jan-13-16 6:04 pm
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - Atlantic City has lost more than half of its casino revenue during the past nine years.
- Senate president to Atlantic City: Takeover or bankruptcy Updated: Jan-12-16 9:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A proposed bill in the state Legislature would give the state vast power over Atlantic City, including the right to make most major decisions and to sell off assets and land.
- The Latest: Democrats jab Christie's speech as political Updated: Jan-12-16 6:24 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The latest on Gov. Chris Christie's State of the State address. (All times local).
- Redistricting amendment stalls but pensions, more go forward Updated: Jan-11-16 11:00 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Lawmakers hit the brakes on a ballot question regarding a legislative redistricting plan Monday but moved forward with proposals to ask voters to weigh in on opening casinos in northern New Jersey, paying for public pensions and using every cent of fuel taxes for transportation.
- The Latest: Measure requiring pension payments passes Updated: Jan-11-16 10:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - The latest on the final day of the New Jersey legislative session. All times local.
- Sweeney threatens Atlantic City finances takeover bill Updated: Jan-11-16 10:21 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - State Senate President Steve Sweeney is threatening to introduce a bill that would have the state take over Atlantic City's finances.