- Sweeney, Dems push Christie to sign changes to voting law Updated: Sep-02-15 7:07 pm
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Key New Jersey lawmakers say Gov. Chris Christie should sign legislation to modernize laws governing the state's elections.
- Christie signs bill expanding teacher arbitration panel Updated: Aug-28-15 2:47 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie has signed legislation that increases the size of a panel that hears contested cases involving the dismissal or pay reductions of tenured teachers.
- Bills aim to help businesses raise clams, oysters Updated: Aug-28-15 1:29 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Two New Jersey legislators say they want to make it easier for entrepreneurs to set up aquaculture projects to raise clams and oysters.
- Craft brewers hoping bills are right brew to boost industry Updated: Aug-22-15 12:49 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Members of the New Jersey's craft brewers guild- a group small enough to fit in one restaurant booth a few years ago and now numbering around 70 - worry state law is murky on whether they can sell their suds at farmers markets or if local food trucks can serve patrons at microbreweries.
- Environmental group gives New Jersey lawmakers failing grade Updated: Aug-19-15 1:37 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey's Legislature gets a failing grade when it comes to protecting the state's natural resources, an environmental group said Wednesday in a report.
- Legislature approves electronic financial disclosures Updated: Aug-13-15 2:47 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey lawmakers can now file their financial disclosure documents electronically.
- Domestic violence crackdown among dozens of new laws Updated: Aug-10-15 5:58 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie signed roughly two dozen bills passed by the Democrat-led Legislature into law on Monday and vetoed an additional dozen.
- Longtime New Jersey legislative official Kathy Crotty dies Updated: Aug-08-15 4:13 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A woman who played an influential behind-the-scenes role in New Jersey government for nearly 30 years has died.
- Guadagno signs bill expanding driver's license exam Updated: Aug-04-15 11:56 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Applicants for a New Jersey driver's license must answer whether they're aware of the dangers of failing to follow traffic laws under a law signed by Acting Gov. Kim Guadagno.