- Crime bill tries to slow Alaska incarceration rate Updated: Mar-08-14 1:08 pm
- Hilderbran concedes GOP comptroller race to Hegar Updated: Mar-07-14 6:21 pm
- State redesigns road to save ancient oak trees Updated: Mar-07-14 4:17 pm
- Democrat Davis releases public-sector clients Updated: Mar-07-14 1:48 pm
- January jobless rate in Texas falls to 5.7 percent Updated: Mar-07-14 12:26 pm
- Texas troopers out in force during spring break Updated: Mar-07-14 7:49 am
- Texas to post Port Aransas ferry times Updated: Mar-07-14 1:05 am
- Abbott's goal: Break Bush record for Hispanic vote Updated: Mar-06-14 6:49 pm
- After primary victory, Texas' Davis faces big odds Updated: Mar-05-14 6:46 pm
- Lt. Gov. Dewhurst fights for survival in GOP race Updated: Mar-05-14 6:28 pm
- Runoffs will decide several top statewide races Updated: Mar-05-14 3:13 am
- Texas voters nominate new top court candidates Updated: Mar-05-14 1:35 am
- Incumbents and conservatives win in Texas primary Updated: Mar-05-14 12:29 am
- Christian, Sitton to railroad commission runoff Updated: Mar-04-14 10:48 pm
- Friedman, Hogan face runoff for ag commissioner Updated: Mar-04-14 10:41 pm
- Paxton, Branch advance to attorney general runoff Updated: Mar-04-14 10:33 pm
- Dewhurst, Patrick enter Texas lt. gov. runoff Updated: Mar-04-14 10:26 pm
- Bush sees 'long fight ahead' for land commissioner Updated: Mar-04-14 10:04 pm
- Texas GOP nominates 4 incumbents for Supreme Court Updated: Mar-04-14 9:31 pm
- Democrats nominate Brown for Railroad Commission Updated: Mar-04-14 9:30 pm
- Democrats nominate Van de Putte for lt. governor Updated: Mar-04-14 9:16 pm
- Texas Democrats pick Houston for attorney general Updated: Mar-04-14 9:14 pm
- Texas Democrats nominate Collier for comptroller Updated: Mar-04-14 9:12 pm
- Bush wins Texas GOP land commissioner nomination Updated: Mar-04-14 9:04 pm
- Abbott says GOP will reach out to Hispanic voters Updated: Mar-04-14 2:27 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - Prisons.
AUSTIN, Texas - Katy Sen. Glenn Hegar captured the GOP nomination for Texas comptroller on Friday when state Rep. Harvey Hilderbran conceded the race, ending the need for a runoff.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - A highway bypass in Central Texas will be rerouted to save a stand of ancient oaks that were under threat of being cut down, according to state transportation officials.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis has revealed her law firm's public-sector clients, which include the Fort Worth school district and Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas unemployment rate slipped to 5.7 percent in January - the state's lowest jobless figure since November 2008, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas troopers have stepped up patrols to watch for drunken drivers and help keep travelers safe during spring break.
AUSTIN, Texas - Spring-breakers headed to the beaches of Port Aransas and Mustang Island will get an Internet assist from the Texas Department of Transportation this year.
AUSTIN, Texas - High stakes over Hispanic voters shifted the governor's race Thursday to the Texas-Mexico border, where Democrats defended Wendy Davis' humbling losses in party strongholds to an obscure primary challenger who barely campaigned.
AUSTIN, Texas - After her easy victory in the Texas Democratic primary, Wendy Davis, one of the brightest stars of the 2014 campaign, is now embarking on her mission to win the governor's office and revive her party's fortunes in the heart of conservative America. Already, Texas politics has never seen anyone like her: a dynamo with a trailer park-to-Harvard Law story who makes nationwide donors swoon.
AUSTIN, Texas - Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst has a lengthy incumbency, a personal fortune, a conservative record and friendships with the rich and powerful. But he may lack the one thing he needs most to save his political career: the love of the Republican primary voter.
AUSTIN, Texas - A scramble to fill statewide offices in one of the biggest turnovers in Texas government history began with Tuesday's primary, but several of the key contests will require runoffs to decide a final winner.
AUSTIN, Texas - Three newcomers will join the bench of the highest criminal court in Texas next year.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republicans voted for tried-and-true incumbents and fire-breathing conservatives Tuesday during the Texas primary elections, while Democrats learned they still have a lot of building to do if they hope to compete in November.
AUSTIN, Texas - Oil and gas technology executive Ryan Sitton and former state Rep. Wayne Christian are headed to a GOP runoff for an open seat on the Texas Railroad Commission.
AUSTIN, Texas - Jim Hogan and Kinky Friedman will face each other in a Democratic runoff for Texas agriculture commissioner.
HOUSTON - Texas Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and state Sen. Dan Patrick have advanced to a runoff for lieutenant governor in the Republican primary, extending an already bruising campaign for one of the state's most powerful offices.
FORT WORTH, Texas - A member of the next generation of the Bush family has won his first elective office - and it was a statewide office.
AUSTIN, Texas - The four Republican incumbents on the Texas Supreme Court have won their party's nomination to run for re-election.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Democrats have nominated party activist and organizer Steve Brown for an open seat on the state Railroad Commission.
SAN ANTONIO - Texas Democrats have nominated state Sen. Leticia Van de Putte for lieutenant governor, sending the San Antonio pharmacist into the November general election to try to win back a seat held by Republicans since 1999.
AUSTIN, Texas - Texas Democrats have nominated Houston attorney Sam Houston for state attorney general.
AUSTIN, Texas - Houston businessman Mike Collier has clinched the Democratic nominee for Texas comptroller.
AUSTIN, Texas - Yet another Bush is rising among the ranks in Texas politics.
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican gubernatorial candidate Greg Abbott says connecting with Hispanic voters is a major goal for the Texas GOP as the state moves beyond the primary season.