- GOP lawmaker demands answers over Planned Parenthood study Updated: Feb-12-16 3:14 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A powerful Republican lawmaker is demanding that Texas health officials explain why two state employees co-authored a study suggesting that cuts to Planned Parenthood are curbing access to women's health services.
- Texas to let Baylor keep sex assault records private Updated: Feb-11-16 6:49 pm
DALLAS - Baylor University can keep private campus police records that detail sexual assaults committed by two former football players against students, according to an opinion issued this week by the Texas attorney general's office.
- Police: Suspect killed by authorities in Henderson County Updated: Feb-11-16 7:36 am
ATHENS, Texas - The Texas Department of Public Safety says that a suspect in a shooting has been shot and killed by law enforcement following a standoff in rural Henderson County.
- 2 Texas researchers under fire for Planned Parenthood study Updated: Feb-10-16 9:09 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Two state health researchers in Texas are under fire for co-authoring a study suggesting what Republican leaders have long disputed: cuts to Planned Parenthood are restricting access to women's health care.
- Texas attorney general faces ethics probe over gay marriage Updated: Feb-10-16 6:26 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Already indicted on felony securities fraud charges, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton will face an ethics investigation for advising local officials they could refuse to issue same-sex marriage licenses on religious grounds.
- Convicted robber on 10 Most Wanted list caught in Houston Updated: Feb-10-16 3:27 pm
HOUSTON - A convicted robber and gang member on the Texas 10 Most Wanted list has been caught in Houston.
- Killer at Dallas-area Subway store holdup set to die in May Updated: Feb-09-16 3:35 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A 42-year-old man sent to death row for a fatal shooting during a Dallas-area sandwich shop robbery in 2002 has received an execution date.
- Recent editorials from Texas newspapers Updated: Feb-09-16 1:05 pm
Corpus Christi Caller-Times. Feb. 7, 2016.
- Many chemicals used in Texas fracking remain a mystery Updated: Feb-08-16 8:16 pm
HOUSTON - For the past five years, biochemist Zac Hildenbrand has investigated potential links between unconventional drilling and water quality, collecting thousands of samples throughout the major shale plays in Texas.
- Conservator appointed for South San Antonio school district Updated: Feb-07-16 1:52 pm
SAN ANTONIO - The Texas Education Agency has notified South San Antonio Independent School District officials that it has appointed a conservator to oversee financial management and governance.
- Pace picks up, anticipation of Grand Parkway around Houston Updated: Feb-06-16 5:00 pm
HOUSTON - Country Bumpkins Cafe is where northwest Harris County's rural past meets its suburban future. It's not unusual to see BMW luxury sedans and John Deere tractors in the gravel parking lot along Telge Road.
- Critics dispute plans to change Rollover Pass near Galveston Updated: Feb-05-16 6:54 pm
GALVESTON, Texas - A coalition led by owners of property that includes Rollover Pass and land on either side of the man-made channel connecting East Galveston Bay to the Gulf of Mexico says it is prepared to fight a last-ditch legal battle to prevent the state from closing and filling what has been a hugely popular public fishing site and the focus of environmental, economic and public safety concerns since it was created more than 60 years ago.
- Transgender Texas prison inmates can start hormone therapy Updated: Feb-05-16 3:36 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - A change in Texas prison system policy means transgender inmates who hadn't started hormone therapy before incarceration can do so behind bars if they go through a thorough process to confirm the diagnosis.
- 3 killed when car slams into back of armored car near Dallas Updated: Feb-04-16 10:04 pm
GRAND PRAIRIE, Texas - A car drifted into a median on a Dallas-area toll road and slammed into a stalled armored car, killing three people in the car and critically injuring an infant.
- Panel defeats bill banning use of 'secret' execution drugs Updated: Feb-04-16 12:42 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - A Virginia legislative committee has defeated a measure that sought to prohibit officials from using execution drugs they received from another state if they don't reveal the source of the drugs.
- Sexually-transmitted Zika case confirmed in Texas Updated: Feb-03-16 2:33 am
DALLAS - Health officials on Tuesday reported that a person in Texas has become infected with the Zika virus through sex in the first case of the illness being transmitted within the United States amid the current outbreak in Latin America.
- Indicted Texas attorney general denied OK to use donors Updated: Feb-01-16 5:45 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - State ethics regulators denied Texas' attorney general their blessing Monday to let political donors pay his criminal defense, a surprise decision that could intensify pressure on the state's top prosecutor.
- Weekend West Texas wildfire destroys 7 homes Updated: Feb-01-16 1:28 pm
EULA, Texas - A wildfire destroyed seven homes in a rural area near the West Texas town of Eula. Meanwhile, a wildfire burned almost 3 square miles of ranchland north of Amarillo.
- Texas executes man for fatally shooting game warden Updated: Jan-27-16 8:34 pm
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A Texas man was executed Wednesday evening for fatally shooting a game warden nine years ago during a shootout after a 90-minute chase that began when he was suspected of poaching.
- Democrat McClendon resigning her Texas House seat Updated: Jan-27-16 1:47 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - State Rep. Ruth Jones McClendon is resigning her Texas House seat effective this weekend.
- Court throws out death sentence in College Station case Updated: Jan-27-16 11:07 am
HOUSTON - Texas' highest criminal court has thrown out the death sentence for a man convicted of killing a woman at her College Station home in 2010.
- Republican Lujan elected to San Antonio Texas House vacancy Updated: Jan-26-16 10:20 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Republican John Lujan (LOO'-hahn) has defeated Democrat Tomas (toh-MAHS') Uresti (yoo-REHS'-tee) to win the vacant Texas House District 118 seat, succeeding Democrat Joe Farias as representative of the San Antonio-area district.
- Hundreds of Texas water suppliers fail to test for lead Updated: Jan-26-16 4:49 pm
DENTON, Texas - The Texas Commission on Environmental Quality says that hundreds of state public water suppliers failed to test for lead and copper in their systems last year.
- UW financial officer takes Texas job Updated: Jan-26-16 1:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin-Madison's vice chancellor for finance is leaving to take a job at the University of Texas.
- Texas prison inmate dies after apparent fight with cellmate Updated: Jan-26-16 10:06 am
AMARILLO, Texas - A Texas prison system inmate has died following an apparent fight with his cellmate.