- Texas Gov. Perry challenges Cuomo on business Updated: Apr-23-14 1:40 am
- In New York, Gov. Perry challenges Cuomo to debate Updated: Apr-22-14 4:05 pm
- Lawsuit seeks redrawing of Texas Senate districts Updated: Apr-22-14 1:04 pm
- 1 teen dead, another hurt in Conroe-area crash Updated: Apr-22-14 10:23 am
- NYC official questions oil firm's political giving Updated: Apr-21-14 5:01 pm
- Houston-area teen dies in ATV wreck during chase Updated: Apr-21-14 7:02 am
- Report: Lab delays lead to false drug convictions Updated: Apr-20-14 3:52 pm
- DPS investigating trooper's shooting of driver Updated: Apr-20-14 2:44 pm
- State not finished with El Paso cheating scandal Updated: Apr-19-14 5:49 pm
- Perry's passed-over pick for A&M president resigns Updated: Apr-19-14 3:40 pm
- Report: FBI probe includes legal work by Davis Updated: Apr-18-14 2:00 pm
- Texas jobless rate falls to 5.5 percent in March Updated: Apr-18-14 11:55 am
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch Updated: Apr-17-14 8:43 pm
- Man executed for killing 3 members of Texas family Updated: Apr-16-14 9:09 pm
- Texas candidate faces thorny death penalty choice Updated: Apr-15-14 7:34 pm
- Energy Future Holdings misses filing deadline Updated: Apr-15-14 3:08 pm
- Senators vying for higher posts spar in hearing Updated: Apr-14-14 7:13 pm
- Fire chief urges changes ahead of West anniversary Updated: Apr-14-14 5:51 pm
- State to take over Southeast Texas school district Updated: Apr-14-14 2:22 pm
- Texas to weigh slot-like devices at bingo halls Updated: Apr-13-14 2:37 pm
- North Texas city awaits word on wastewater re-use Updated: Apr-13-14 10:25 am
- Judge allows Texas to keep execution drug secret Updated: Apr-10-14 7:02 pm
- Obama meets with Wendy Davis in Texas Updated: Apr-10-14 5:49 pm
- TxDOT: Feds investigating land deals near I-35E Updated: Apr-07-14 7:20 am
- Business interests question Republican truths Updated: Apr-06-14 10:05 am
ALBANY, New York - Texas Gov. Rick Perry is countering Gov. Andrew Cuomo's latest initiative to lure businesses from out of state with a renewed bid to snag jobs from New York, a tactic he has tried from coast to coast.
AUSTIN, Texas - Two Texas residents backed by a conservative legal group have filed a federal lawsuit in Austin challenging how state Senate voting districts were drawn, according to a published report Tuesday.
CONROE, Texas - A Houston-area traffic accident has left a 14-year-old driver hurt and her 15-year-old passenger dead after the car smashed into a tree.
ALBANY, New York - The New York City comptroller has asked a Texas oil company to explain why it has been connected to political donations that appear to have little to do with its energy business.
MONTGOMERY, Texas - A Houston-area teenager has died after the all-terrain vehicle he was riding crashed into a brick culvert while being pursued by a law officer.
AUSTIN, Texas - Lengthy crime lab delays have forced at least 21 people across Texas to serve time on drug possession charges when the substance they had wasn't illegal, according to a published report Sunday.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Texas authorities are investigating the death of a driver who allegedly struggled with a trooper before she shot and killed him.
El PASO, Texas - Texas education officials want to repeal the state certifications of 11 administrators linked to an El Paso classroom cheating scandal.
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - A Texas A&M University executive who Gov. Rick Perry wanted promoted to school president quietly resigned after not getting the job, becoming the latest top campus official to step down in recent months.
AUSTIN, Texas - Democratic gubernatorial candidate Wendy Davis' legal work for a taxpayer-funded tollway agency is part of a larger FBI-led investigation into the tollway group, according to a published report Friday.
AUSTIN, Texas - The strength of the Texas economy combined with a growing labor force contributed to a 5.5 percent March unemployment rate, the Texas Workforce Commission reported Friday.
ELDORADO, Texas - The secluded Texas ranch where followers of imprisoned polygamist Warren Jeffs lived in near isolation was seized by state agents on Thursday, nearly six years after FBI agents raided the property and removed hundreds of children amid child sex abuse allegations.
HUNTSVILLE, Texas - A man convicted of fatally stabbing his ex-girlfriend, her young son and her mother 13 years ago at a home in Corpus Christi was executed by Texas prison officials Wednesday.
AUSTIN, Texas - The death penalty is like gun rights in Texas politics: Candidates don't dare get in the way of either. But Republican Greg Abbott, the favorite to succeed Gov. Rick Perry, must soon make a decision as attorney general that could disrupt the nation's busiest death chamber.
FORT WORTH, Texas - Energy Future Holdings is still not ready to file its already delayed annual report, the company said in a filing Tuesday with the federal Securities and Exchange Commission.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Senate panel's discussion about how best to overhaul the curriculum and testing procedures for Texas high schools at times felt like a political debate Monday, as a gubernatorial hopeful and two candidates for lieutenant governor shared the spotlight.
AUSTIN, Texas - The state fire marshal recommended Monday that 46 facilities storing ammonium nitrate in Texas be required to make structural improvements to prevent another deadly blast like the one that killed 15 people nearly a year ago in West.
BEAUMONT, Texas - A troubled Southeast Texas school district that has been investigated over its finances and its handling of services to disabled students is being taken over by the Texas Education Agency, officials announced Monday.
AUSTIN, Texas - The Texas Lottery Commission is set to consider this week letting bingo halls in the state use electronic devices similar to slot machines.
LUBBOCK, Texas - Grappling with a three-year drought, a North Texas city is awaiting word from the state to re-use wastewater, including some from toilet flushes, for drinking.
AUSTIN, Texas - A Texas judge allowed state prison officials on Thursday to keep the identity of a new execution drug supplier secret despite new challenges to the state's claim that making the name public could put the company in danger.
AUSTIN, Texas - President Barack Obama met briefly Thursday with state Sen. Wendy Davis, the Democratic nominee for governor.
DALLAS - A federal grand jury is investigating state purchases of land for expansion of Interstate 35E in North Texas that benefited two Dallas real estate dealers.
AUSTIN, Texas - Business interests are walking the halls of the Texas Capitol calling on lawmakers to rethink some of their past policies, hoping that after the November election they can win some key victories next year.