- Spain views cup draw with unease, excitement Updated: Dec-06-13 5:52 pm
- What they said about the World Cup draw Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 pm
- World Cup draw: the strong, the weak, the lucky Updated: Dec-06-13 4:53 pm
- Uruguay becomes final team to qualify for WCup Updated: Nov-20-13 8:20 pm
- FFA says FIFA bans Australian player over transfer Updated: Nov-16-13 3:05 am
- Schwarzer retires from international football Updated: Nov-05-13 10:55 pm
MADRID - Spain doesn't know what to make of its World Cup draw. Some are confident, while others are fearful.
COSTA DO SAUIPE, Brazil - Coaches and players were quick to react to Friday's World Cup draw. The following is a selection.
Who wound up in difficult groups and who got away easy from Friday's World Cup draw (average world ranking for four teams in parentheses):
MONTEVIDEO, Uruguay - Uruguay claimed the 32nd and final place at next year's World Cup in Brazil with a 0-0 draw against Jordan in the second leg of an intercontinental playoff Wednesday.
SYDNEY - Football Federation Australia says world governing body FIFA has banned Australian player Mark Bresciano for four months and fined him over an illegal transfer involving clubs in the United Arab Emirates and Qatar.
SYDNEY - Australia goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer announced his retirement from international football Wednesday after a 20-year career that included two World Cups.