- Aussie coach has advice for defending Japan Updated: Jul-04-15 11:05 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Perhaps, Australia coach Alen Stajcic was on to something when he said, "We're not the Netherlands," in responding to question regarding how his team might defend against Japan in the quarterfinals.
- Asian women's teams show up male rivals Updated: Jul-03-15 1:17 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The contrast between the fortunes of Asia's women's soccer teams and their male equivalents could not be more striking.
- Dutch FA terminates Hiddink's contract as coach Updated: Jun-29-15 5:24 pm
THE HAGUE, Netherlands - The Dutch football federation terminated the contract of national team coach Guus Hiddink on Monday, ending his second stint in charge after just one disappointing season.
- Iwabuchi lifts Japan to semis with 1-0 win over Australia Updated: Jun-28-15 2:15 am
EDMONTON, Alberta - Japanese coach Norio Sasaki couldn't resist making a joke at Mana Iwabuchi's expense when explaining his decision to substitute the forward in during the second half against Australia on Saturday.
- US defeats China 1-0, plays Germany in World Cup semifinals Updated: Jun-27-15 12:56 am
OTTAWA, Ontario - Carli Lloyd finally was able to express her creativity on field.
- The artificial turf at the World Cup is still raising issues Updated: Jun-26-15 6:26 pm
OTTAWA, Ontario - The fields are heating up, there are little black rubber pellets everywhere, and feet are covered with blisters.
- US searching for offense heading into World Cup quarters Updated: Jun-24-15 5:33 pm
EDMONTON, Alberta - The United States is still looking for its offense at the Women's World Cup even though its stellar defense has it three wins from a title.
- Australia scores late to knock out Brazil 1-0 at World Cup Updated: Jun-21-15 6:21 pm
MONCTON, New Brunswick - Substitute Kyah Simon scored in the 80th minute to lift Australia to its first Women's World Cup knockout win, a 1-0 upset of Brazil and star Marta on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
- Brazil eliminates Costa Rica 1-0 in Women's World Cup Updated: Jun-17-15 9:41 pm
Raquel Fernandes scored in the 83rd minute and Brazil eliminated Costa Rica from the Women's World Cup with a 1-0 win on Wednesday in Moncton, New Brunswick.
- Asian powers unconvincing in World Cup qualifying Updated: Jun-17-15 1:24 am
SEOUL, South Korea - The four power teams of Asian football avoided defeat in their opening World Cup qualifiers, yet none put in performances that will dispel the doubts about the strength of the region's teams following their combined winless record at the 2014 World Cup.
- Leroux won't likely be booed this time Updated: Jun-16-15 4:41 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - U.S. forward Sydney Leroux was born in Canada and grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver. But because her father is American, at 14 she moved to Arizona in hopes of playing for the U.S. team.
- Nigeria defender Ugo Njoku has been suspended three games Updated: Jun-14-15 9:59 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Nigeria defender Ugo Njoku has been suspended three games at the Women's World Cup for an elbow to Australia forward Samantha Kerr's face in a match on Friday.
- US and Sweden play to 0-0 group-stage draw Updated: Jun-12-15 11:42 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Meghan Klingenberg - not Hope Solo - made the biggest save of the night for the United States.
- Simon scores twice in 2-0 Australia win over Nigeria Updated: Jun-12-15 8:32 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Kyah Simon scored twice to lead Australia to a 2-0 victory over Nigeria in a group stage match Friday at the Women's World Cup.
- Rapinoe scores twice as US beats Australia 3-1 in opener Updated: Jun-09-15 2:22 am
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - For her second goal of the night against Australia, U.S. midfielder Megan Rapinoe channeled Lionel Messi.