- Tickets for two-thirds of World Cup games sold out Updated: Apr-15-14 4:38 pm
- Australia coach looking for positive play at WCup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:25 am
- 5 Australia players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:24 am
- Australia faces difficult task at World Cup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:22 am
- Spain, Netherlands, Chile headline Group B at WCup Updated: Apr-08-14 5:11 am
- South Korea drawn into Group A with host Australia Updated: Mar-26-14 5:32 am
- Harry Kewell announces retirement from football Updated: Mar-26-14 12:08 am
SAO PAULO - Tickets for nearly two-thirds of the World Cup matches were sold out within hours of FIFA opening the final online sales phase on Tuesday.
BRISBANE, Australia - Ange Postecoglou cherishes memories of watching the 1974 World Cup on a small black-and-white TV with his dad, recalling how that shared experience when he was 9 helped transform him into an ardent Australia supporter.
SYDNEY - Australia will be returning for its third consecutive World Cup with its toughest assignment to date - Group B matches against defending champion Spain, 2010 finalist Netherlands and Chile.
SYDNEY - With a new coach and an unfamiliar squad, Australia is promising a return to attacking football at the World Cup in Brazil.
MADRID - Spain's bid to repeat as champion has the unenviable task of beginning in a World Cup group with the Netherlands, Chile and Australia.
SYDNEY - Australia's prospects of winning the Asian Cup on home soil in 2015 became significantly more difficult when the Socceroos were drawn into Pool A with 2002 World Cup semifinalist South Korea.
MELBOURNE, Australia - Former Leeds United and Liverpool midfielder Harry Kewell says he will retire from football at the end of the A-League season, giving up his goal of appearing at a third World Cup.