- Tallent takes shot at Russia after silver in 50K walk Updated: Aug-29-15 3:08 am
BEIJING - Already outspoken about doping in his sport, Australian race walker Jared Tallent took another shot at Russia after earning a silver medal in the 50-kilometer event Saturday at the world championships.
- Australia qualifies for Olympics, beats New Zealand 89-79 Updated: Aug-18-15 6:11 am
WELLINGTON, New Zealand - Golden State Warriors center Andrew Bogut and his Australia teammates have qualified for next year's Olympic basketball tournament.
- Olympic qualifying: Australia 71, New Zealand 59 Updated: Aug-15-15 9:04 am
MELBOURNE, Australia - San Antonio Spurs point guard Patty Mills hit two three-pointers in the final four minutes Saturday to help Australia pull away from New Zealand for a 71-59 win in an Oceania qualifying match for next year's Rio Olympics.
- Australian sailors wary of Rio debris as much as pollution Updated: Aug-13-15 8:32 pm
A 35-person team of Australian sailors, coaches and support crew begin competing in test events this week for next year's Summer Olympics on pollution-plagued Guanabara Bay in Rio de Janeiro, concerned as much about the floating debris that could affect the results of racing as the "horrible" sewage-filled water.
- Swimmers sickened after Rio race worry about 2016 Olympics Updated: Aug-12-15 10:08 am
Reports of dangerously high levels of viruses and bacteria in Rio de Janeiro's waters have raised - and renewed - fears that athletes are at risk of getting sick at next summer's Olympics.
- Midnight at the pool: Swimmers face late nights at Rio Games Updated: Aug-10-15 6:11 am
KAZAN, Russia - One prominent swimming coach called it "irresponsible." Another labeled it a "business decision."