- Jackson, Taylor in Australia training squad Updated: Mar-11-14 5:49 pm
- Squaw Valley to fete Reno-Tahoe Olympians March 21 Updated: Mar-02-14 5:51 pm
- Match Play future up in the air Updated: Feb-25-14 4:22 pm
- Women's skicross racers brace for tough course Updated: Feb-20-14 6:51 pm
- Race for 1-2-3 in women's bobsled seems decided Updated: Feb-18-14 6:12 pm
- Olympic GS attracts skiers from all over globe Updated: Feb-18-14 9:48 am
- Olympians tiptoe around sponsorship ban Updated: Feb-18-14 8:52 am
- SOCHI SCENE: One-man team Updated: Feb-18-14 8:16 am
- Another gold for Belarus in aerials at Olympics Updated: Feb-17-14 3:54 pm
- Holland looks to break through in snowboardcross Updated: Feb-16-14 5:21 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: Playing coy Updated: Feb-16-14 5:04 am
- Major injuries a rite of passage at Extreme Park Updated: Feb-15-14 9:50 am
- So far silence from Olympians on anti-gay laws Updated: Feb-15-14 6:22 am
- Tsuper wins gold, while an Aussie makes history Updated: Feb-14-14 4:21 pm
- China aims for top of podium in women's aerials Updated: Feb-13-14 7:00 pm
- Farrington edges Bright for women's halfpipe gold Updated: Feb-12-14 4:44 pm
- Joensson's Bradbury moment earns him a bronze Updated: Feb-11-14 7:12 pm
- Canada's Bilodeau repeats in Olympic men's moguls Updated: Feb-10-14 5:07 pm
SYDNEY - WNBA stars Lauren Jackson and Penny Taylor were among 33 players named to the Australia basketball squad on Wednesday as it begins preparations for the women's world championship in Turkey in September.
RENO, Nevada - Squaw Valley is planning a special celebration at the Sierra ski resort March 21 to honor more than a dozen U.S. Olympians from the Reno-Lake Tahoe area who competed in the Winter Games in Sochi, Russia, including three who brought home gold.
PALM BEACH GARDENS, Florida - During a 7½-minute chat with reporters on the Match Play Championship future, PGA Tour commissioner Tim Finchem used the word "change" only once when he said, "I wouldn't assume we're going to change at this point." On two occasions he said, "I wouldn't rule out anything."
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - It almost sounds like a sightseeing tour through Moscow: Start with the Bolshoi, keep the speed up through Gorky Park, be careful around Red Square and cruise past the Kremlin.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Elfje Willemsen was adamant. The fourth-place sled at the midpoint of the women's bobsled competition at the Sochi Olympics, she said, has almost no chance of getting into the medal mix.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The red-and-white flag of Malta painted on the left cheek of giant slalom skier Elise Pellegrin was nearly washed away by the rain.
SOCHI, Russia - Want to see the glasses and goggles that aerials skier Lydia Lassila and snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis wore at the Sochi Olympics? If you go to the website of the company that manufactures their eyewear, you might be in for a shock.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - There is no men's aerials program in Australia. There is only David Morris, a former gymnast - "I wasn't amazing at it," he says - whose persistence turned into history.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This was a high five Anton Kushnir will never forget.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - The celebration was in full force at the bottom of the hill.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - This year's Winter Olympics could go down as the Tinder Games. But - surprise, surprise - athletes are coy about the smartphone app known to help mutually attracted singles meet.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Mark Caldwell thought his daughter was joking. Then he heard the sobs.
SOCHI, Russia - A campaign to draw attention to Russia's anti-gay laws isn't gaining traction among Olympic athletes, who so far have avoided saying or doing anything to protest the measures.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Lydia Lassila already has a gold medal sitting back home in Australia.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - When China decided to hand over its fledgling aerials program to Peter Judge 11 years ago, the Canadian helped unleash what former Chinese coach Dustin Wilson called a "Pandora's Box."
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - It was one of those Olympic-style pauses. Two minutes. Three minutes. To the four women sitting on the bench at the bottom of the halfpipe, it felt even longer.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - There was only one way for Emil Joensson to sum up his bronze-medal performance at the Sochi Olympics.
KRASNAYA POLYANA, Russia - Alex Bilodeau carried the Canadian flag along with the prodigy who pushed him to history. Moments later, the greatest moguls skier of his time bearhugged his inspiration, pulling him over the fence in the process.