- European Games come to a close in Azerbaijan Updated: Jun-28-15 2:51 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Just as the inaugural European Games have sought to establish themselves on the global sporting calendar, so host nation Azerbaijan has used the event to make its mark on the world stage.
- Azerbaijan says 2024 Olympic bid possible Updated: Jun-23-15 12:21 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Azerbaijan could bid for the 2024 Olympics after hosting this month's European Games but wants IOC requirements on the host nation to be reduced, the country's sports minister said Tuesday.
- At European Games, athletics attracts a motley crew Updated: Jun-22-15 1:36 pm
BAKU, Azerbaijan - With a vast, brand new stadium and passionate home crowds, European Games athletics offers a near-Olympic experience. There's just one thing missing - the Olympic athletes.
- Brawl costs wrestlers European Games medals Updated: Jun-17-15 11:12 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Two wrestlers threw away their medal chances at the European Games on Wednesday when their bout degenerated into punches and a head-butt.
- Austrian swimmers win medal after bus crash Updated: Jun-15-15 6:32 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Austria won a synchronized swimming silver medal at the European Games on Monday, just four days after three members of the team were injured when they were hit by a bus.
- IOC's Bach praises European Games harmony Updated: Jun-14-15 9:26 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - International Olympic Committee president Thomas Bach has praised the inaugural European Games for promoting harmony between peoples even as political tensions threaten to overshadow the sporting action.
- Bubka: 'I will stay and serve in any position' at IAAF Updated: Jun-11-15 1:29 pm
Sergei Bubka plans to continue to serve in the IAAF even if he loses the presidential election to Sebastian Coe.
- European Games under pressure before opening ceremony Updated: Jun-11-15 5:29 am
BAKU, Azerbaijan - Even before their first opening ceremony, the European Games are struggling.