- Ex-FBI agent to undergo psychiatric exam after arrest at CIA Updated: May-05-15 5:10 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A federal magistrate has ordered a psychiatric evaluation for a former FBI agent who was arrested at CIA headquarters after a confrontation with security officers.
- Former CIA leader defends drone strikes, torture Updated: May-04-15 2:57 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama ordered a barrage of CIA drone strikes in Yemen in 2013 that killed the al-Qaida operatives behind the most serious plotting against American interests in years, a former CIA leader says in a new memoir that broadly defends the targeted killing of terrorists.
- Ex-CIA official: GOP distorted agency analysis of Benghazi Updated: May-04-15 12:04 pm
WASHINGTON - A former CIA deputy director says Republicans repeatedly distorted the agency's analysis of the Benghazi attack in 2012 that killed the U.S. ambassador to Libya and three other Americans. He also says U.S. intelligence agencies failed to recognize that al-Qaida would rapidly regain strength after the killing of Osama bin Laden.
- Spouse of former CIA Director Petraeus speaks in Charleston Updated: May-04-15 4:04 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - The wife of former CIA director and Army general David Petraeus is speaking to a group of attorneys general in a closed training session in Charleston.
- Ex-CIA man convicted of Iran leak seeks lenient sentence Updated: Apr-24-15 3:44 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Lawyers for a former CIA officer convicted of leaking details of a secret mission to derail Iran's nuclear ambitions argued Friday that he deserves a light sentence similar to that just handed down to ex-CIA director David Petraeus.
- Petraeus sentenced to 2 years' probation for military leak Updated: Apr-23-15 6:22 pm
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Former CIA Director David Petraeus, whose career was destroyed by an extramarital affair with his biographer, was sentenced Thursday to two years' probation and fined $100,000 for giving her classified material while she was working on the book.