- Rural schools ask Wis. lawmakers for more cash Updated: Mar-09-14 12:08 pm
- Senate plans to vote on elections bills Tuesday Updated: Mar-07-14 5:46 pm
- Thousands of public retirees returned to work Updated: Mar-07-14 11:32 am
- Common Core bill appears dead in Wisconsin Senate Updated: Mar-06-14 8:07 pm
- Committee votes to extend donation time Updated: Mar-06-14 6:01 pm
- Senate committee passes bill limiting voting hours Updated: Mar-06-14 5:12 pm
- GOP minimum wage bill all but dead in Wis. Senate Updated: Mar-06-14 1:33 pm
- Wis. Senate committee OKs pro-life license plates Updated: Mar-06-14 1:02 pm
- Wisconsin Senate panel passes CCAP purges Updated: Mar-06-14 12:45 pm
- Doctors oppose e-cigarette bill; smokers in favor Updated: Mar-05-14 8:05 pm
- Democrat Burke releases first TV ad of campaign Updated: Mar-05-14 5:08 pm
- Wis. committee OKs sand mine bill opposed by towns Updated: Mar-05-14 4:37 pm
- Wisconsin Senate passes governor's tax cuts Updated: Mar-04-14 7:49 pm
- Wisconsin Assembly majority leader loses post Updated: Mar-04-14 3:52 pm
- Vos: Ousted majority leader should not run again Updated: Mar-04-14 3:16 pm
- Strachota elected Wis. Assembly majority leader Updated: Mar-04-14 2:48 pm
- Wis. Assembly leader enters treatment Updated: Mar-01-14 7:15 pm
- Former Assembly speaker considers Senate run Updated: Feb-28-14 9:19 am
- Wisconsin GOP moves gun bills but ignores checks Updated: Feb-27-14 6:38 pm
- Wisconsin panel approves gun process in domestics Updated: Feb-27-14 12:39 pm
- Wisconsin Dems want universal background checks Updated: Feb-27-14 12:25 pm
- Wisconsin panel OKs drunken driving appearances Updated: Feb-27-14 11:10 am
- Wisconsin justices hear voter ID arguments Updated: Feb-25-14 7:45 pm
- DOT opposes bill giving towns veto over roundabout Updated: Feb-25-14 6:50 pm
- Republican Governors criticize Burke over adviser Updated: Feb-25-14 5:56 pm
CUBA CITY, Wisconsin - If one employee leaves Cuba City High School for a higher-paying position elsewhere in Wisconsin, it can leave the school short of instructors in two or more subjects.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican-backed bills to limit absentee voting hours and make other election-law changes are scheduled for votes next week in the Wisconsin Senate as lawmakers rush to finish their work for the year.
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - More than 3,000 public sector retirees returned to work for a public employer last year while drawing pensions from their old jobs, the Gannett Wisconsin Media Investigative Team has reported.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A bill that would give the Legislature power to write and approve Wisconsin's academic standards is unlikely to pass in its current form, the leader of the state Senate said Thursday as hundreds of teachers, school administrators and business leaders converged on the Capitol to oppose it.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Senate committee has voted to expand the amount of time lobbyists can give personal donations to candidates running for office in Wisconsin.
MADISON, Wisconsin - In-person absentee voting hours would not be allowed on weekends or holidays in Wisconsin under a bill passed by a state Senate committee.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Senate's majority leader says a bill that would end minimum wage mandates for some local government workers and contractors is all but dead.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A bill to create a Wisconsin license plate displaying the words "Choose Life" has been approved by the Senate transportation committee in a party-line vote.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A state Senate committee has overwhelmingly approved a bipartisan bill that would purge information from Wisconsin's popular online court records database.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Even as the nation's second-largest city is moving to ban electronic cigarettes where tobacco smoking is prohibited, Wisconsin lawmakers are considering doing just the opposite.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrat Mary Burke's first television ad in the race against Republican Gov. Scott Walker will begin airing in multiple markets Friday, touting her background with bicycle maker Trek while also attacking Walker's record on jobs.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Senate's mining committee approved a Republican bill Wednesday that would prohibit local governments from creating new sand mine regulations, but it's unclear whether the measure will go any further.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved closer to making Gov. Scott Walker's plan to use the state's surplus to cover $504 million in tax cuts reality Tuesday, pushing the measure through the state Senate despite Democrats' complaints the proposal is just a token election-year ploy.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans who control the Wisconsin state Assembly unanimously voted to remove the majority leader from his post Tuesday amid allegations that he groped one woman and verbally abused another during a trip to Washington last week.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says that ousted Majority Leader Bill Kramer should not seek re-election, but whether he resigns is up to him.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Assembly Republicans have picked Rep. Pat Strachota to serve as their majority leader, making her the first female majority leader in state history.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Embattled Wisconsin state Assembly Majority Leader Bill Kramer's office said Saturday that he has checked into a treatment center while fellow Republicans pushed ahead with plans to strip him of his leadership position amid charges that he sexually harassed multiple women.
JANESVILLE, Wisconsin - Former Democratic Wisconsin Assembly speaker turned union lobbyist Mike Sheridan is considering running for an open state Senate seat.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved ahead with narrow bills to streamline gun seizures in domestic abuse cases Thursday. Minority Democrats, though, demanded the GOP go bigger and impose universal background checks.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A legislative committee has approved a bill that would establish a standard process for seizing guns in domestic abuse cases.
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic lawmakers are calling on Republicans to act on a bill requiring universal background checks for all gun sales in Wisconsin.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state Senate's public safety committee has approved a bill that would require all first-time drunken driving offenders to appear in court.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A member of the Wisconsin Supreme Court's conservative majority said Tuesday she's troubled by the state's voter photo ID requirements, saying it's not fair that people who lack identification may have to pay for supporting documents to obtain it.
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Wisconsin state lawmaker said Tuesday that municipalities should have the final say on whether roundabouts are built on state and county highways, saying local officials are in the best position to say whether they are needed.
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Republican Governors Association said Tuesday that Democrat Mary Burke's comments criticizing Gov. Scott Walker on the issue of campaigning while on state time can't be taken seriously because an adviser on her staff was convicted of illegal campaign work.