- Wisconsin lawmakers consider Planned Parenthood funding Updated: Sep-02-15 10:29 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - About $7.5 million in federal funding for Planned Parenthood in Wisconsin would be cut off under a pair of Republican-backed bills being considered by a state Assembly Committee.
- Duchow wins primary for vacant Wisconsin Assembly seat Updated: Sep-02-15 12:07 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A Town of Delafield supervisor has defeated three other Republican challengers in the race for a vacancy in the Wisconsin state Assembly.
- Wisconsin State Patrol rescinding raises for Walker security Updated: Sep-01-15 5:34 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin State Patrol is rescinding pay raises for officers who provide security to Gov. Scott Walker after federal regulators said they are due overtime pay dating back to May 2013.
- Wisconsin AG argues water rule injunction applies nationwide Updated: Aug-28-15 5:17 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Attorney General Brad Schimel is arguing that a federal court ruling blocking new Environmental Protection Agency water pollution regulations should apply nationwide.
- Republican legislative leaders push back against Walker Updated: Aug-21-15 2:40 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican leaders in the Wisconsin Legislature are pushing back against Gov. Scott Walker's description of how he had to convince them to pass his signature initiative curbing public sector union rights.
- Bucks spent most lobbying Wisconsin lawmakers through June Updated: Aug-21-15 1:59 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks spent more money lobbying the Wisconsin Legislature than any other organization during the first half of the year, as the NBA team was pushing for approval of a new basketball arena.
- Bucks spent most on lobbying state lawmakers through June Updated: Aug-21-15 1:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Milwaukee Bucks spent more money lobbying the Wisconsin Legislature than any other organization during the first half of the year, as the NBA team was pushing for approval of a new basketball arena, a report released Friday showed.
- Wisconsin Assembly committee to vote on fetal tissue ban Updated: Aug-21-15 1:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The chairman of the Wisconsin State Assembly criminal justice committee says the panel plans to vote Sept. 9 on a bill that would make it a felony to perform research using tissue obtained from aborted fetuses.
- Excerpts from recent Wisconsin editorials Updated: Aug-21-15 12:37 pm
Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, Aug. 20
- Committee votes unanimously not to override Walker veto Updated: Aug-21-15 10:43 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Legislature's budget committee has voted unanimously not to override Gov. Scott Walker's decision to employ a rarely used veto power to block a $3 million fund transfer.
- Poll: Walker leads GOP foes, trails Clinton in Wisconsin Updated: Aug-20-15 2:43 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker leads other Republican presidential candidates in his home state of Wisconsin but trails Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton there in a potential general election matchup, according to the first statewide poll since Walker announced his candidacy.
- Police: Man dies in crash after chase in central Wisconsin Updated: Aug-17-15 5:52 am
WAUPACA, Wisconsin - Authorities say a 42-year-old man has died in a crash after being involved in a chase with law enforcement in central Wisconsin.
- Conservatives ask for justice's communication in John Doe Updated: Aug-14-15 11:58 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Attorneys for the conservative Wisconsin Club for Growth want state Supreme Court Justice Shirley Abrahamson to turn over records related to her communication with those involved in a secret investigation into whether Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign illegally coordinated with outside groups.
- Wisconsin lawmakers to consider merger of colleges Updated: Aug-12-15 3:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Some state lawmakers are reviving an idea to merge the University of Wisconsin System's 13 two-year colleges with the Wisconsin Technical College System's 16 technical college districts in an effort to cut duplication and save tax money.
- Bill banning use of aborted fetal tissue gets hearing Updated: Aug-10-15 11:43 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - University of Wisconsin-Madison researchers oppose a bill that would ban the use of aborted fetal tissue in Wisconsin.
- Wisconsin to host at 2 presidential debates by next spring Updated: Aug-08-15 4:46 pm
MILWAUKEE - Wisconsin will host at least two presidential debates in the next year.
- Wisconsin Hmong leaders work to legalize cultural weddings Updated: Aug-07-15 12:40 pm
WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wisconsin - Hmong leaders in Wisconsin are lobbying for a state law that would give legal status to cultural weddings so couples wouldn't need two ceremonies.
- GOP hopefuls take on illegal immigration in debate preview Updated: Aug-03-15 11:07 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - The Republican Party's presidential class demanded aggressive steps to curb illegal immigration, seizing on a delicate political issue while facing off in New Hampshire on Monday night during a crowded and pointed preview of the 2016 primary season's first full-fledged debate.