- UW relations head leaving for real estate organization Updated: May-06-16 5:38 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The University of Wisconsin System's public relations and lobbying director is leaving the post at the end of next week to lead a prominent real estate organization.
- No charges for officers in Wisconsin hostage shooting death Updated: May-06-16 5:19 pm
NEENAH, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel said Friday that he won't file criminal charges against two police officers who shot and killed a hostage during a gun battle at a motorcycle shop last year, saying prosecutors wouldn't be able to overcome a likely self-defense argument in court.
- Wisconsin Senate leader calls for uniting behind Trump Updated: May-04-16 8:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin state Senate's top Republican called Wednesday for the party to back Donald Trump, saying nothing is going to stop him from being the GOP presidential nominee and he could generate conservative turnout in November that could boost down-ticket Republicans.
- Wisconsin AG asks appeals court to stay right-to-work ruling Updated: Apr-29-16 6:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's attorney general has asked an appellate court for an emergency stay of a Dane County judge's ruling striking down the state's right-to-work law.
- Prosecutors ask US Supreme Court to reinstate Walker probe Updated: Apr-29-16 5:01 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Prosecutors looking to revive an investigation into Republican Gov. Scott Walker's recall campaign have asked the U.S. Supreme Court to vacate a state decision halting the probe.
- Walker starts looking for Prosser replacement on high court Updated: Apr-28-16 4:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has started searching for someone to finish out most of Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice David Prosser's term.
- Walker, Tommy Thompson among Wisconsin statewide delegates Updated: Apr-26-16 5:56 pm
Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and former Gov. Tommy Thompson backed different Republican candidates for president but are both among the 18 at-large delegates who will represent the state at the national convention this summer in Cleveland.
- Gov. Walker signs bill expanding property owners' rights Updated: Apr-26-16 5:44 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill expanding property owner rights and barring counties from imposing development moratoriums.
- Gov. Walker signs bill requiring school CPR training Updated: Apr-26-16 3:39 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin schools will be required to provide CPR training in every health course between seventh grade and 12th grade under a bill Gov. Scott Walker signed Tuesday.
- Gov. Walker signs drunken driving sobriety proposal Updated: Apr-26-16 1:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill allowing judges to place offenders in a sobriety testing program rather than force them to drive with ignition interlock devices.
- Gov. Walker signs bill increasing waterfront property rights Updated: Apr-26-16 11:32 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill giving more leeway to shoreline property owners to build on bodies of water.
- Gov. Walker signs bill banning local government IDs Updated: Apr-25-16 6:51 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Advocacy groups and Milwaukee officials are exploring new ways to provide local photo IDs to the homeless and immigrants in the country illegally after Gov. Scott Walker signed a bill hindering their current effort Monday.
- Walker may join Cruz on Indiana campaign trail Updated: Apr-25-16 10:30 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker says he may join Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz on the campaign trail in Indiana.
- Walker signs tougher drunken driving penalties Updated: Apr-25-16 10:08 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill creating tougher drunken driving penalties.
- Democrats submit names for new elections, ethics boards Updated: Apr-21-16 5:20 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Nominees for the final four spots on new partisan commissions to oversee elections and ethics laws in Wisconsin have been delivered to Gov. Scott Walker.
- Wisconsin's Walker says he'd back Trump as GOP nominee Updated: Apr-20-16 1:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he would back Donald Trump as the Republican presidential nominee, even though he endorsed Ted Cruz.
- Anti-drunken driving activist challenges Rep. Robb Kahl Updated: Apr-20-16 1:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Jimmy Anderson lost his parents, his brother and his ability to move from the chest down when a drunken driver hit their car in California in 2010.
- Health officials: Zika unlikely in Wisconsin this summer Updated: Apr-17-16 5:18 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - State health officials say people are unlikely to contract the Zika virus from mosquitoes in Wisconsin this summer, but they can't rule it out.
- Wisconsin justices send lead paint case back to lower court Updated: Apr-15-16 2:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin's Supreme Court justices said Friday that they are deadlocked on whether lawmakers improperly barred attorneys from using a legal theory supporting dozens of lead paint poisoning lawsuits and have asked a lower court to make a decision.
- Walker to sign managed forest program overhaul Updated: Apr-14-16 3:24 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that reforms Wisconsin's managed forest program.
- Spring hearing attendees want to repeal mining law Updated: Apr-13-16 5:07 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A majority of Conservation Congress spring hearing attendees say lawmakers should repeal a law relaxing iron mining regulations.
- Wisconsin promises to seek stay of right-to-work ruling Updated: Apr-11-16 6:50 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - State attorneys will seek an immediate stay of a ruling striking down Wisconsin's Republican-authored right-to-work law as soon as a judge signs off on a formal order solidifying the decision, Attorney General Brad Schimel promised Monday.
- Walker calls talk of being Trump's running mate 'shocking' Updated: Apr-11-16 6:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says any talk of him being Donald Trump's running mate is shocking and breathtaking.
- Rep. Mandela Barnes challenges fellow Democrat for Senate Updated: Apr-11-16 11:34 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Rep. Mandela Barnes is challenging fellow Milwaukee Democrat Lena Taylor for her Senate seat.
- Walker says he's thrifty, needs help paying campaign debt Updated: Apr-11-16 10:55 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker says he's "thrifty" and is offering T-shirts for craft projects while asking donors to help pay off the $1.2 million debt from his short-lived presidential campaign.