- Minnesota teen dies, 2 hurt in rollover on I-94 in Wisconsin Updated: Jul-04-15 5:37 pm
EAU CLAIRE, Wisconsin - A Minnesota teenager has died and two were injured in a rollover accident on Interstate 94 near Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
- Gov. Walker and Wisconsin GOP retreat on open records limits Updated: Jul-04-15 5:23 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - In a sudden reversal amid a stinging backlash, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and GOP legislative leaders said they agreed Saturday to completely remove a part of the proposed state budget that would severely roll back open records laws.
- Walker says he'll change government records exemptions Updated: Jul-03-15 4:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A spokeswoman for Gov. Scott Walker says he will work with Republican leaders in both chambers to change budget provisions that would exempt nearly all government records from the state's open records law.
- Assembly to consider 20-week abortion ban in special session Updated: Jul-03-15 4:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Assembly has voted to take up bills that would ban abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy and repeal Wisconsin's prevailing wage for construction workers, as well as state budget votes, in a special legislative session.
- Wisconsin budget passes committee, heads to full Legislature Updated: Jul-03-15 2:28 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's finance committee finally completed its revisions to Gov. Scott Walker's state budget plan after a five-week delay early Friday morning, clearing the way for votes in the full Senate and Assembly.
- Public school sport participation rules scaled back Updated: Jul-02-15 10:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - An expansion of who can play sports and participate in extracurricular activities in public schools in Wisconsin is being scaled back.
- Panel votes to add 7-day work week to budget Updated: Jul-02-15 10:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's budget committee has voted to allow factory and retail employees to work seven straight days without a day of rest.
- Panel wants records test on officer-involved reports Updated: Jul-02-15 10:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature's budget committee has voted to apply the open records balancing test to reports documenting officer-involved deaths.
- Loosening of teacher licensure requirements rejected Updated: Jul-02-15 10:16 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Highly criticized teacher licensure changes that would have allowed some people without high school degrees to be licensed to teach in Wisconsin have been removed from the state budget.
- Highlights of Wisconsin budget up for final committee vote Updated: Jul-02-15 2:04 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The two-year state budget up for passage Thursday by the Republican-controlled Joint Finance Committee is expected to be taken up by the Assembly on Tuesday. It's unknown when the Senate will vote on it. Republican Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald said Wednesday that he does not have the votes for the budget in its current form.
- Wisconsin married couples to benefit under tax package Updated: Jul-01-15 6:47 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Married couples would benefit the most under a Republican-authored tax plan that's to be added to the state budget on Thursday.
- Senate leader promises vote on Bucks arena plan next week Updated: Jul-01-15 11:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Senate's Republican leader says he plans to vote on a bill to fund a new Milwaukee Bucks arena next week.
- Wisconsin Assembly to take up budget first next week Updated: Jul-01-15 11:31 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republicans who control the state Assembly plan to vote on the state budget next week along with a bill that would repeal prevailing wage requirements for local governments.
- Prevailing wage, Bucks arena won't be in budget Updated: Jun-30-15 8:42 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Details of an agreement on major budget issues reached by Republicans on Tuesday:
- Bucks arena, prevailing wage may come in special session Updated: Jun-30-15 8:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Legislature may vote on a financing deal for a Milwaukee Bucks arena and changes to the prevailing wage law in a special session.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court upholds wind turbine rules Updated: Jun-30-15 11:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court upheld the state's wind turbine construction rules Tuesday, saying they're valid even though regulators didn't develop a report on how the regulations would affect the housing industry.
- Democrats want to remove marriage definition in constitution Updated: Jun-29-15 4:05 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Democrats on Monday called for the elimination of nullified language in the state's constitution that defines marriage as between a man and a woman.
- Vos says he has votes to pass Bucks deal in Assembly Updated: Jun-29-15 3:53 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Assembly Speaker Robin Vos says he has enough votes to pass a financing plan for a $500 million Milwaukee Bucks arena that relies on $250 million from state and local taxpayers.
- Coalition says rent-to-own exemptions could come in budget Updated: Jun-29-15 11:41 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A coalition of faith leaders, low-income advocates and consumer groups is warning against a possible budget provision that could limit transparency about rent-to-own products.
- The Latest: Bishop says marriage is always 1 man, 1 woman Updated: Jun-26-15 5:46 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The latest reactions to the U.S. Supreme Court's decision Friday to legalize same-sex marriage in all 50 states (all times are local):
- Reaction to health care ruling breaks along party lines Updated: Jun-25-15 2:36 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democrats and advocates for the poor in Wisconsin cheered the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling Thursday to uphold subsidies under President Barack Obama's federal health care overhaul, while Republicans renewed their calls to repeal the 2010 law.
- Wisconsin justice wants to reconsider ex-Walker aide case Updated: Jun-25-15 1:58 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - In an unusual move, a Wisconsin Supreme Court justice has asked his colleagues to reconsider their decision not to hear an appeal of a felony conviction from a former aide to Gov. Scott Walker when he was Milwaukee County executive.
- State Rep. Kapenga wins Wisconsin GOP Senate primary Updated: Jun-24-15 12:13 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - State Rep. Chris Kapenga of Delafield is headed to a general election to replace state Sen. Paul Farrow, who is leaving his seat to work as Waukesha County executive.
- Panel OKs new state trooper raises, no increases for others Updated: Jun-23-15 5:56 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The legislative committee that handles state workers' contracts approved a raise Tuesday for state troopers but decided to give thousands of other state employees no increases over the next two years.
- Meeting set to approve Wisconsin trooper contract Updated: Jun-19-15 4:29 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - A meeting has been set by legislative leaders to vote on approving a new contract for members of the Wisconsin State Patrol.