- Wisconsin Assembly approves Milwaukee Bucks arena deal Updated: Jul-29-15 12:37 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin state Assembly voted Tuesday to spend $250 million in public funds on a new arena for the Milwaukee Bucks, a deal that both Republicans and Democrats lauded as good for the state and city.
- Wisconsin asks US Supreme Court to take Ho Chunk casino case Updated: Jul-28-15 10:56 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Attorney General Brad Schimel is asking the U.S. Supreme Court to hear his appeal of a federal court ruling that allows the Ho-Chunk Nation to offer video poker at its Madison casino.
- Fadness leaving Wisconsin GOP to join Walker campaign Updated: Jul-27-15 10:32 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republican Party executive director Joe Fadness is leaving his position to join Scott Walker's presidential campaign.
- Law agencies seek better communication after trooper killing Updated: Jul-26-15 4:55 pm
MARINETTE, Wisconsin - Officials from local, state and federal law enforcement agencies are trying to improve their communication after a rookie Wisconsin state trooper was killed in a shootout with a heavily armed bank robbery suspect from Michigan earlier this year.
- Wisconsin nonpartisan elections board targeted for overhaul Updated: Jul-26-15 11:52 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Stung by a corruption scandal that led to the convictions of five lawmakers, a longtime Republican state senator met with the head of a government watchdog agency at a bar down the street from the Capitol to talk about how to improve ethics oversight.
- Wisconsin Republicans seek to ban sale of fetal body parts Updated: Jul-24-15 4:37 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The sale of fetal body parts would be banned in Wisconsin and Planned Parenthood could lose millions of dollars in federal funding under bills being circulated by a pair of Republican state representatives.
- Assembly speaker asked for open records changes Updated: Jul-23-15 5:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Assembly Speaker Robin Vos was the state lawmaker who drafted a proposal that would have gutted Wisconsin's open records law and protected legislators from having to release documents currently available, documents released to The Associated Press on Thursday show.
- GOP's Walker hits Obama on Iran, strikes combative tone Updated: Jul-23-15 4:48 pm
SAN DIEGO - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker told a sympathetic crowd of state lawmakers from around the country Thursday that he would trash the nuclear deal with Iran on his first day as president, striking a combative tone on how he would govern on a range of domestic and foreign policy issues.
- Republican Kapenga wins special election to Wisconsin Senate Updated: Jul-22-15 3:31 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican state Rep. Chris Kapenga has won a special election for the Wisconsin state Senate to fill a seat being vacated by Republican Sen. Paul Farrow.
- Top adviser says Walker running as a 'uniter' Updated: Jul-21-15 4:58 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Scott Walker's top adviser said Tuesday that the Republican governor who survived an attempt to recall him from office is running for president as someone who can bring together a polarized electorate.
- Wisconsin governor orders Guard members to arm themselves Updated: Jul-21-15 10:12 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker has issued an executive order allowing Wisconsin National Guard's adjutant general to arm his troops in the wake of an attack on a pair of military facilities in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- Walker reports raising nearly $5.9 million Updated: Jul-20-15 11:20 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker raised nearly $5.9 million in the first six months of the year through a state committee used to finance his races for governor.
- Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate Donald raises $109,000 Updated: Jul-20-15 11:08 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Supreme Court candidate Joe Donald has raised $109,000 in the opening weeks of his campaign for the race to be determined next spring, while opponent Joanne Kloppenburg raised $27,000.
- Walker calls for dismantling of state elections board Updated: Jul-20-15 3:52 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker on Monday called for the dismantling of an independent state agency that oversees elections and authorized an investigation into his 2012 recall campaign.
- Wisconsin Assembly to vote next week on Bucks arena bill Updated: Jul-20-15 2:32 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin state Assembly plans to vote next week on a public financing deal to pay for a new Milwaukee Bucks arena.
- Governor OKs raises for state troopers Updated: Jul-20-15 10:11 am
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - Republican Gov. Scott Walker has signed a bill that gives state troopers a 6 percent raise.
- The Latest: Conservative group reacts to Walker ruling Updated: Jul-16-15 2:19 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The latest on the Wisconsin Supreme Court's decision Thursday in a case involving Republican Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign (all times local):
- A primer on Wisconsin court ending Walker campaign probe Updated: Jul-16-15 2:13 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court's decision to end a so-called John Doe investigation of Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign clears a potential obstacle in his Republican presidential bid and has far-reaching implications for the state's campaign finance laws.
- Wisconsin court ends probe of presidential hopeful Walker Updated: Jul-16-15 11:37 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Presidential candidate Scott Walker won a major legal victory Thursday when Wisconsin's Supreme Court ended a secret investigation into whether the Republican's gubernatorial campaign illegally coordinated with conservative groups during the 2012 recall election.
- Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker kicks off Nevada campaign Updated: Jul-14-15 6:15 pm
LAS VEGAS - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker made his first stop in Nevada as a presidential candidate on Tuesday, arguing his success implementing conservative policies in Wisconsin can be taken nationwide.
- Wisconsin court to rule on John Doe probe's validity Updated: Jul-14-15 11:09 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin Supreme Court is set to rule Thursday on whether a secret probe into whether Gov. Scott Walker's 2012 recall campaign illegally coordinated with conservative groups.
- Walker releases presidential campaign video Updated: Jul-13-15 7:20 am
WAUKESHA, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker has released a campaign video just ahead of his official announcement about his presidential run.
- Wisconsin Gov. Walker signs state budget with changes Updated: Jul-12-15 10:25 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker signed the next Wisconsin state budget into law on Sunday, brushing aside complaints from his own party about the $73 billion spending plan and fulfilling his promise to get it done before he announces he is running for the Republican nomination for president.
- Highlights of Wisconsin budget signed by governor Updated: Jul-12-15 10:22 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Gov. Scott Walker signed the $73 billion state budget into law Sunday, a day ahead of announcing his bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
- Wisconsin a step away from 20-week abortion ban Updated: Jul-09-15 5:10 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin Republicans moved within a step Thursday of banning non-emergency abortions at or beyond 20 weeks of pregnancy after the state Assembly approved the prohibition and sent the measure on to Gov. Scott Walker for his signature.