- Rock, classical, Broadway at Sochi gala skate Updated: Feb-22-14 2:47 pm
- Popov expects Olympics to bolster Russia's image Updated: Feb-22-14 2:12 pm
- Russia reaffirms command of Olympic figure skating Updated: Feb-21-14 8:12 pm
- US skaters finally claim a medal on their last try Updated: Feb-21-14 5:21 pm
- Almaty bid promises low-cost games for 2022 Updated: Feb-20-14 10:20 am
- After Sochi, what's next for Winter Olympics? Updated: Feb-20-14 4:43 am
- US women in 4th, 6th, 7th after short program Updated: Feb-19-14 4:56 pm
- Another Dutch sweep keeps them atop medal table Updated: Feb-18-14 3:18 pm
- Hanyu's historic gold for Japan no flash in pan Updated: Feb-15-14 5:36 am
- Hanyu wins men's Olympic gold, Chan 2nd, Ten 3rd Updated: Feb-14-14 4:55 pm
- SOCHI SCENE: The value of gold Updated: Feb-12-14 4:32 am
- Speedskater Shani Davis is heavy favorite in 1,000 Updated: Feb-11-14 6:51 pm
SOCHI, Russia - With the pressure off and no medals at stake, it was time for the Olympic figure skaters to have some fun.
SOCHI, Russia - Alexander Popov believes the Winter Olympics will go down as a landmark event for Russia, and he hopes it will change outside impressions of his homeland.
SOCHI, Russia - Russia's figure skaters meekly left the Vancouver Olympics four years ago with just one silver medal.
SOCHI, Russia - J.R. Celski and his three U.S. teammates clasped hands, crouched down, and feigned as though they were about to leap onto the podium.
SOCHI, Russia - Almaty has most of the venues already in place to host the 2022 Winter Olympics and would spend only a fraction of what Russia invested in the Sochi Games, leaders of the bid from Kazakhstan said Thursday.
SOCHI, Russia - The sheer cost, size and scale of the Sochi Olympics has outstripped anything done before. The question for future Winter Games is clear: Can anyone - should anyone - try to top that?
SOCHI, Russia - Spinning uneasily through the air on her opening triple lutz in Wednesday's short program, Gracie Gold wondered, "Is this my Olympic moment? I'm going to be on my butt?"
SOCHI, Russia - Want to know how deep skating talent is in the Netherlands? Consider this: Olympic 10,000-meter champion Jorrit Bergsma thought about representing Kazakhstan at the last Olympics just to make it to Vancouver.
SOCHI, Russia - Unlike when Chinese hurdler Liu Xiang made a major Olympic breakthrough for Asian men, Yuzuru Hanyu's historic gold medal for Japan in figure skating looks less a flash in the pan and more of a significant shift in his sport's center of gravity.
SOCHI, Russia - Sometimes an Olympic gold medalist is more survivor than anything else.
SOCHI, Russia - So how much is a gold medal really worth to the athlete who wins one in Sochi?
SOCHI, Russia - History awaits Shani Davis in the 1,000 meters, and the American speedskater relishes the opportunity to burnish his Olympic legacy with a record third straight victory.