- Kings' Vincent Lecavalier to retire after 17-year NHL career Updated: Apr-24-16 4:25 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Vincent Lecavalier intends to retire this summer, ending his 17-year NHL career after one last revitalizing season with the Los Angeles Kings.
- Sharks use depth to get past Kings in 1st round of playoffs Updated: Apr-23-16 2:02 pm
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Sharks proved they are much more than just Joe Thornton, Patrick Marleau, Joe Pavelski and a handful of other stars.
- Sharks blow 3-goal lead, but rally to eliminate Kings 6-3 Updated: Apr-23-16 2:24 am
LOS ANGELES - The Sharks had just blown a three-goal lead in a potential series-clinching playoff game. Staples Center rocked with the combined power of the Kings' rally and the looming specters of San Jose's postseason failures.
- Sharks score 3 power-play goals to beat Kings 3-2 in Game 4 Updated: Apr-21-16 2:19 am
SAN JOSE, California - Given another chance to win a playoff game with their power play, the San Jose Sharks did just that by getting goals instead of just generating chances.
- Sharks look to bring road success back home against Kings Updated: Apr-18-16 2:28 am
SAN JOSE, California - The playoffs started the way much of this season has gone for the San Jose Sharks: a successful road trip where structured defense, strong goaltending and solid all-around play led to two straight wins in Los Angeles.
- Kings GM: Doughty should win Norris, and it's not even close Updated: Apr-12-16 6:45 pm
EL SEGUNDO, California - Defenseman Drew Doughty is the bedrock of the Los Angeles Kings' run to two Stanley Cup titles and their return to the postseason this week.
- Sharks tab Martin Jones as Game 1 starter in goal Updated: Apr-12-16 4:25 pm
SAN JOSE, California - Martin Jones spent a Stanley Cup run as Jonathan Quick's backup in Los Angeles learning what it takes to thrive as a starting goaltender in the playoffs.
- Ducks beat Capitals, clinch Pacific Division Updated: Apr-10-16 11:37 pm
WASHINGTON - When the Anaheim Ducks lost nine of their first 10 games, making the playoffs looked like an uphill climb. Now they're Pacific Division champions for the fourth consecutive year.
- Rangers open playoffs at Pens; Ducks vault Kings in Pacific Updated: Apr-10-16 11:04 pm
- Winnipeg Jets rally from 3 goals down to stun LA Kings 4-3 Updated: Apr-10-16 1:58 am
LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Kings had a 3-0 lead late in the second period and a boisterous home crowd eager to celebrate the second division title in franchise history.
- 'Mr. Game 7' Justin Williams reaches 1,000-game milestone Updated: Apr-08-16 12:40 pm
ARLINGTON, Virginia - Justin Williams tore ligaments in his left knee (twice), tore the Achilles tendon in his right leg and broke his right ankle - all before he turned 28. Even though he had won a Stanley Cup with the Carolina Hurricanes in 2006, it's no wonder the Los Angeles Kings wondered if Williams was damaged goods.
- Kings hold off rival Ducks 2-1, close in on division title Updated: Apr-08-16 2:22 am
- Carter scores in OT, Kings beat Flames 5-4 Updated: Apr-06-16 1:50 am
CALGARY, Alberta - Jeff Carter took a bit of a gamble and it paid off for the Los Angeles Kings on Tuesday night.
- McCann, Miller lead Canucks over Kings Updated: Apr-05-16 2:31 am
VANCOUVER, British Columbia - The Vancouver Canucks are hoping wins now translate into success down the road.
- Ducks beat Stars 3-1 to take over 1st place in Pacific Updated: Apr-04-16 1:54 am
ANAHEIM, California - The Anaheim Ducks' NHL-leading penalty kill has left opponents stone-faced all season. After turning that special-teams domination into offense to knock off the Dallas Stars, the Ducks had plenty to smile about.
- Benn brothers score in Dallas' 3-2 win over Kings Updated: Apr-02-16 8:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Jordie Benn has 55 points in his five-season career with the Dallas Stars. That's about the same number scored by his younger brother, NHL scoring champion Jamie Benn, in the last four months.
- Carter, Quick help Kings beat Flames to reclaim Pacific lead Updated: Apr-01-16 2:07 am
LOS ANGELES - Although the Los Angeles Kings tied two franchise single-season records in their latest victory, their focus is securing one title and preparing a run at another.