- Rhode Island House approves truck toll plan Updated: Feb-10-16 11:04 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island House of Representatives has approved a plan to charge big-rig trucks to travel through the state.
- Rhode Island lawmakers to propose legalizing marijuana Updated: Feb-07-16 1:01 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A bill to legalize and tax recreational marijuana in Rhode Island is returning to the state's General Assembly after failing to pass in previous years.
- House lawmakers to vote on charter school legislation Updated: Jan-24-16 11:01 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island House of Representatives is set to vote on legislation that would block public charter schools from being created or expanded without the support of all the cities and towns where the proposed school's students live.
- Truckers circle State House in noisy protest against tolls Updated: Jan-21-16 7:38 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Nearly 60 trucks converged on the Rhode Island State House in a noisy protest against Democratic Gov. Gina Raimondo's plan to install highway truck tolls to raise money to repair the state's deteriorated bridges.
- Lawmaker proclaims 2016 as the 'Year of the Veteran' Updated: Jan-16-16 9:56 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A state lawmaker is proclaiming 2016 as the "Year of the Veteran" in Rhode Island.
- Ex-lawmaker seeking judgeship wins favorable ethics opinion Updated: Jan-12-16 2:39 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A former lawmaker and statehouse attorney received a favorable opinion Tuesday from the Rhode Island Ethics Commission in his bid to become a judge.