- Paiva Weed: Skills gap a serious, growing problem Updated: Mar-10-14 7:47 pm
- RI bill: cops could warn smokers in cars with kids Updated: Mar-06-14 11:40 am
- Rhode Island senator plans Iowa statehouse visit Updated: Mar-06-14 10:34 am
- RI lawmakers: let US take over health exchange Updated: Mar-05-14 2:49 pm
- RI bill seeks to change way lt. gov is elected Updated: Mar-05-14 11:19 am
- RI bill: Smartphones as proof of car insurance Updated: Mar-04-14 4:10 am
- RI lawmaker pitches tax cut for new businesses Updated: Mar-01-14 10:07 am
- RI bill would force Cox to keep call center in RI Updated: Feb-28-14 12:40 pm
- RI Assembly to mull mental records and gun checks Updated: Feb-25-14 5:43 pm
- Bill making calamari RI state appetizer resurfaces Updated: Feb-12-14 5:30 pm
- RI House OKs bill to spur 38 Studios settlements Updated: Feb-11-14 6:51 pm
- 2 RI lawmakers pitch 10 percent tax on guns Updated: Feb-09-14 3:47 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The so-called skills gap is a "serious and growing problem" that must be addressed as part of a push to improve the sagging Rhode Island economy, the state Senate president said Monday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Legislation in the Rhode Island Senate would allow police to issue warnings to drivers who are seen smoking in a vehicle containing a young child.
DES MOINES, Iowa - A United States senator is coming to Iowa to advocate for action on climate change.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A group of state lawmakers in Rhode Island wants to prohibit the state from funding its new health insurance marketplace and let the federal government run the program instead.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A proposed referendum being considered by Rhode Island lawmakers would change the state Constitution so a candidate for lieutenant governor runs on the same ticket as a candidate for governor.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Motorists would no longer have to rifle through their glove compartment for proof of auto insurance under legislation pending before Rhode Island lawmakers.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A state lawmaker has a proposal to give broad seven-year tax exemptions to businesses relocating to Rhode Island.
WEST WARWICK, Rhode Island - A bill introduced in the Rhode Island General Assembly would force Cox Communications to continue to operate a customer service call center in Rhode Island.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island should provide some mental health records to the national firearm background check system to prevent violent, severely mentally ill people from purchasing firearms, a state task force recommended Tuesday.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - There's another call to make Rhode Island-style calamari the Ocean State's official appetizer.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Legislation designed to encourage settlements in the lawsuit against Curt Schilling over the collapse of 38 Studios passed the Rhode Island House Tuesday, but not before prompting another debate about whether the state should pay for its failed investment in the video game company.
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A 10 percent tax on the sale of firearms and ammunition has been proposed in Rhode Island's General Assembly.