- Ex-Rhode Island lawmaker convicted of drunken driving Updated: May-04-15 7:31 pm
WARWICK, Rhode Island - A judge has found a former Rhode Island state senator guilty of driving under the influence of alcohol.
- Lawmaker calls for transparency in taxpayer-funded projects Updated: Apr-29-15 2:45 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island House member is calling for financial transparency from private companies that seek taxpayer assistance.
- RI House speaker wants to ax proposed 'Taylor Swift tax' Updated: Apr-23-15 3:49 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island House Speaker Nicholas Mattiello says he wants to kill a proposed tax on luxury vacation homes, the so-called "Taylor Swift Tax."
- Secretary of state proposes early voting beginning in 2016 Updated: Apr-15-15 7:17 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Secretary of State Nellie Gorbea is proposing a legislative package that would allow early voting in Rhode Island.
- RI Senate OKs bill targeting unauthorized computer access Updated: Apr-12-15 1:14 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Senate has approved a bill that would make it a felony to access another person's computer without their permission to view confidential information, even if the material is not deleted or damaged.
- Congressman to introduce federal laws to protect consumers Updated: Apr-07-15 4:53 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The need for federal laws that would protect consumers from the effects of identity theft and data breaches is more pressing than ever, as Americans are becoming increasingly reliant on technology - and increasingly vulnerable to cybercrime - state officials said Tuesday.