- Barcelona loses 1-0 at Valladolid before City game Updated: Mar-08-14 6:00 pm
- AC Milan loses 1-0 at Udinese in Italian league Updated: Mar-08-14 4:50 pm
- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Mar-06-14 8:45 am
- Diego Costa fails to quell nerves in Spain debut Updated: Mar-06-14 2:14 am
- Madrid 1st in AP soccer poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 4:50 pm
- Madrid 1st in AP football poll, Robben top player Updated: Mar-04-14 11:51 am
- UEFA charges Atletico Madrid for racist abuse Updated: Mar-04-14 11:15 am
- World Cup teams mark 99 days to go with friendlies Updated: Mar-03-14 11:16 am
- Balotelli, De Rossi missing for Italy vs. Spain Updated: Mar-02-14 3:24 pm
- Spain calls up Diego Costa for Italy friendly Updated: Feb-28-14 11:11 am
- Atletico's Miranda: Madrid game key to title hopes Updated: Feb-28-14 8:44 am
- Adriano already in trouble in comeback attempt Updated: Feb-26-14 11:06 am
- Aragones Ave. to accompany Atletico's new stadium Updated: Feb-26-14 10:41 am
- Fred added to Brazil squad; Ronaldinho still out Updated: Feb-24-14 2:08 pm
- Real's long wait over as it goes top in Spain Updated: Feb-24-14 9:09 am
- Chelsea stays top; Arsenal, Man City also win Updated: Feb-22-14 4:23 pm
- Atletico beats Milan 1-0 in Champs League last 16 Updated: Feb-19-14 6:42 pm
- Atletico signs midfielder Raul Garcia to extension Updated: Feb-17-14 3:27 pm
- 4 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Feb-16-14 7:27 pm
- Adriano returns, sets sight on World Cup Updated: Feb-14-14 1:26 pm
- Neymar returns to Barcelona squad against Rayo Updated: Feb-14-14 9:14 am
- Atletico needs to end losing run, beat Valladolid Updated: Feb-14-14 7:27 am
- Atletico fined for lighter hitting Ronaldo Updated: Feb-14-14 7:26 am
- Atletico's Manquillo out with fractured vertebra Updated: Feb-12-14 11:45 am
- Adriano joins Atletico Paranaense in comeback bid Updated: Feb-11-14 12:21 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's title defense took a blow when it stumbled to a 1-0 defeat at Valladolid, missing the chance to move top of the Spanish standings on Saturday ahead of its Champions League clash with Manchester City at Camp Nou.
MADRID - Real Madrid's advantage at the top of the Spanish league has been squeezed down to a single point over Barcelona, and Atletico Madrid is only three points behind.
MADRID - Overcome by nerves before his Spain debut, Diego Costa did little to shake them with his performance in Wednesday's 1-0 victory over Italy.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global soccer poll.
LONDON - Real Madrid's 6-1 thrashing of Schalke followed by its 2-2 draw with La Liga title rival Atletico Madrid sent it to the top of this week's Associated Press global football poll.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has begun disciplinary action against Atletico Madrid for alleged racist abuse by fans against Manchester City youth team players.
LONDON - World Cup contenders will hope to find out this week if they are better prepared for the tournament than some of the Brazilian stadiums they will be playing in.
ROME - Mario Balotelli is out injured and Daniele De Rossi has been dropped due to a code of ethics violation for Italy's friendly at World Cup holder Spain on Wednesday.
MADRID - Brazilian-born forward Diego Costa was called up by Spain on Friday for next week's friendly against Italy, and veteran strikers David Villa and Fernando Torres were not wanted.
SAO PAULO - Adriano is already attracting headlines for the wrong reasons as he tries to come back to football after nearly two years without playing.
MADRID - The avenue giving way to Atletico Madrid's new stadium will be named after former Spain coach and club figure Luis Aragones, who died this month.
SAO PAULO - Striker Fred has been added to Brazil's squad for its last friendly before the World Cup team is announced, and Ronaldinho remains unwanted.
MADRID - Real Madrid's long wait to be back on top of the Spanish league is finally over. And it wasn't all due to Cristiano Ronaldo.
LONDON - Wins by Chelsea and Manchester City, and a potent attacking display by Arsenal, left the top of the Premier League unchanged Saturday.
MILAN - Atletico Madrid struggled throughout but managed to win 1-0 at AC Milan thanks to a late Diego Costa header in the first leg of their last-16 Champions League tie on Wednesday.
LONDON - Manchester City will finally find out whether its impressive record this season counts for anything against Europe's finest attacking side.
SAO PAULO - Former Brazil striker Adriano has played again after a nearly two-year layoff and is setting his sights on a return to the national team for the World Cup at home.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona forward Neymar has recovered from an ankle injury and will be available to play against Rayo Vallecano on Saturday.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone says his team desperately needs a win, and next opponent Valladolid could be the perfect solution.
MADRID - Spain's disciplinary committee fined Atletico Madrid 602 euros ($825) after one of its spectators hit Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo in the head with a cigarette lighter.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid defender Javier Manquillo will be sidelined for four to six weeks after breaking a vertebra in the Copa del Rey semifinal defeat.
SAO PAULO - Former Brazil striker Adriano is trying to make another comeback to football by joining Atletico Paranaense to play in this year's Copa Libertadores.