- Leicester beats City 3-1, Torres nets 100th Atletico goal Updated: Feb-06-16 7:36 pm
Leicester firmly underlined its Premier League title credentials with a 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday, while Atletico Madrid moved provisionally level on points with Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league by beating Eibar 3-1.
- Torres scores 100th goal for Atletico in 3-1 win over Eibar Updated: Feb-06-16 5:41 pm
MADRID - Fernando Torres finally scored his 100th goal for Atletico Madrid, helping his team come from behind to defeat Eibar 3-1 in the Spanish league on Saturday.
- Filipe Luis' suspension for foul on Messi reduced to 1 game Updated: Feb-04-16 3:37 pm
MADRID - Atletico Madrid says Filipe Luis' suspension for a dangerous foul on Lionel Messi has been reduced from three games to one.
- Jackson Martinez to join Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande Updated: Feb-03-16 1:04 am
BEIJING - Guangzhou Evergrande of the Chinese Super League said Wednesday it has signed Atletico Madrid striker Jackson Martinez for a new record sum in the Asian transfer market.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: Feb-02-16 2:05 pm
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's Associated Press Global Football 10
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona lead AP Global Football Poll Updated: Feb-02-16 1:55 pm
LONDON, England - Cristiano Ronaldo led the way at the summit of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday, after scoring a hat trick in Real Madrid's resounding 6-0 win against Espanyol.
- Before Liga clash, Barca & Atletico aims to advance in Copa Updated: Jan-26-16 7:48 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona and Atletico Madrid will both look to seal their spots in the Copa del Rey's semifinals on Wednesday ahead of their highly-anticipated Spanish league clash.
- Atletico aims to stay atop in Spain with another home win Updated: Jan-21-16 11:19 am
MADRID - Victory for Atletico Madrid this weekend will keep Diego Simeone's team atop the Spanish league going into a much-anticipated encounter with second-place Barcelona.
- Spanish league defends local clubs after FIFA bans Updated: Jan-15-16 8:38 am
MADRID - As Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to appeal their transfer bans imposed by FIFA, the Spanish league has come out defending the local clubs and their history of protecting the rights of underage players.
- Copa del Rey quarters: Barcelona faces Athletic Bilbao again Updated: Jan-15-16 6:42 am
MADRID - Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao will meet in the quarterfinals of the Copa del Rey in a rematch of last year's final.
- FIFA imposes transfer ban on Real Madrid and Atletico Updated: Jan-14-16 2:31 pm
MADRID - FIFA banned Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid on Thursday from signing players in the next two transfer windows for breaching rules when registering players under the age of 18.
- A look at FIFA's transfer ban on Real Madrid and Atletico Updated: Jan-14-16 2:10 pm