- Dortmund, Milan advance in Champions League Updated: Dec-11-13 6:27 pm
- Atletico beats Porto to dump it out of Champions Updated: Dec-11-13 5:33 pm
- 5 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Dec-08-13 7:12 pm
- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Nov-28-13 8:08 am
- Quotes from voters in AP football poll Updated: Nov-26-13 11:26 am
- Costa finds ally in choice of Spain over Brazil Updated: Nov-18-13 10:09 am
GENEVA - In a dramatic climax to one of the tightest groups in Champions League history, Borussia Dortmund needed an 87th-minute goal at Marseille to advance at the expense of Napoli which beat Arsenal.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid denied FC Porto a chance to reach the last 16 of the Champions League with a 2-0 victory to close out Group G on Wednesday.
LONDON - Half of the last 16 places in the knockout stage of the Champions League are still up for grabs and will be decided this week after the final group games. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain reached the knockout phase in the last round of games, joining defending champion Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona.
MADRID - Injury-hit Barcelona is coming off its first loss of the season ahead of perhaps its toughest domestic league match of the young season, an away date at Athletic Bilbao.
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's AP global football poll:
MADRID - Because he was born in Brazil and chose to play for Spain's national team, Diego Costa can expect a rough reception from Brazilian fans at next year's World Cup.