- Valencia grabs Spain's last CL spot; Almeria, Eibar go down Updated: May-23-15 2:36 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Valencia fought back twice to earn a Champions League berth with a 3-2 away win that relegated Almeria on a dramatic final day of the Spanish league Saturday.
- Relegation battle comes down to last day of Spanish league Updated: May-21-15 8:32 am
BARCELONA, Spain - While the title fight is over, there is still plenty to play for on the final day of the Spanish league season Saturday, when 11 teams play for either for berths in European competition or to avoid relegation.
- UEFA picks Turkish referee Cakir for Champions League final Updated: May-18-15 12:30 pm
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has picked Cuneyt Cakir of Turkey to referee the Champions League final.
- Barcelona wins Spanish title, Man United looking at 4th Updated: May-17-15 7:50 pm
Barcelona clinched its 23rd Spanish league title on Sunday thanks to Lionel Messi.
- Barcelona wins Spanish title, Man United looking at 4th Updated: May-17-15 6:32 pm
Barcelona clinched its 23rd Spanish league title on Sunday thanks to - who else - Lionel Messi.
- How Barcelona won its 23rd Spanish league title Updated: May-17-15 3:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - With Lionel Messi back to his very best, Barcelona brushed aside legal troubles and Real Madrid's vigorous challenge to win the Spanish league title in Sunday's penultimate round. The Catalan club could still go on to win a treble, having reached the final of the Champions League and Copa del Rey.
- Messi goal clinches Barcelona's 4th league title in 6 years Updated: May-17-15 3:15 pm
Lionel Messi scored in the 65th minute, and Barcelona clinched its fourth Spanish league title in six seasons with a 1-0 win at 2014 champion Atletico Madrid on Sunday.
- FC Tokyo signs 13-year-old Barcelona prospect Updated: May-15-15 3:18 am
TOKYO - Japanese club FC Tokyo has signed 13-year-old prospect Takefusa Kubo from Barcelona.
- Juventus ousts Real Madrid to reach Champions League final Updated: May-13-15 7:14 pm
MADRID - Many of the 78,133 fans in Estadio Santiago Bernabeu had shocked expressions on their faces. Some held their heads in their hands.
- Juventus draws 1-1 with Real Madrid to reach CL final Updated: May-13-15 6:49 pm
MADRID - Juventus came back from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Real Madrid on Wednesday and line up a Champions League final against Barcelona with a 3-2 victory on aggregate.
- The Latest: 2nd half starts, and Juventus needs to score Updated: May-13-15 3:59 pm
MADRID - The Latest from the Champions League semifinal match between Real Madrid and Juventus at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium:
- Barcelona advances to 1st Champions League final since 2011 Updated: May-12-15 7:24 pm
MUNICH - After the final whistle, Pep Guardiola and Luis Enrique embraced: the coach who led Barcelona to 14 titles from 2008-12 and the successor who hopes to win his first three in the next month.
- Barcelona reaches CL final despite 3-2 loss at Bayern Updated: May-12-15 6:24 pm
MUNICH - Neymar scored two goals and Barcelona did enough to advance to the Champions League final despite losing the second leg of its semifinal 3-2 to Bayern Munich on Tuesday.
- Madrid needs a comeback, Bayern a miracle in CL semis Updated: May-10-15 8:08 pm
- Barcelona nears Liga title after Madrid slips Updated: May-09-15 6:26 pm
- Column: Pep Guardiola, too clever for his own good? Updated: May-07-15 9:29 am
PARIS - There is such a thing as being too clever for your own good.
- Messi leads Barcelona over Bayern 3-0 in Champions semis Updated: May-06-15 6:51 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Pep Guardiola had seen Lionel Messi scoring spectacular goals after dazzling runs many times before. Only now, Messi was doing it against Guardiola's team.
- Messi nets 2, Barca beats Guardiola's Bayern 3-0 in CL semi Updated: May-06-15 4:48 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi scored two outstanding goals and set up Neymar to add another in injury time as Barcelona handed Bayern Munich and former coach Pep Guardiola a 3-0 defeat in the first leg of their Champions League semifinal on Wednesday.
- Forbes: Real Madrid most valuable for 3rd year in row Updated: May-06-15 12:39 pm
NEW YORK - Forbes estimates Real Madrid is the world's most valuable soccer team for the third straight year despite a 5 percent decrease to $3.26 billion.
- Executive: TV rights law to improve competitiveness in Spain Updated: May-04-15 7:24 am
SOUTHERN SHUNEH, Jordan - A Spanish football marketing executive says a new collective bargaining arrangement for TV rights will boost finances of poorer clubs and give them a better shot against giants Barcelona and Real Madrid in buying players.
- Guardiola: Late decision on Lewandowski playing in Barcelona Updated: May-01-15 9:38 am
- UEFA reminds on youth academies after Barcelona plan blocked Updated: May-01-15 7:32 am
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has reminded clubs and football associations of rules controlling overseas youth academies after the Danish soccer federation rejected a request from Barcelona.
- Chelsea beats Leicester 3-1, a win away from league title Updated: Apr-29-15 8:05 pm
Chelsea rallied to beat Leicester 3-1 on Wednesday to move within three points of winning the Premier League.
- Barcelona, Man United, Chelsea to play exhibitions in US Updated: Apr-28-15 12:56 pm
NEW YORK - Barcelona will play Manchester United in an exhibition game at Santa Clara, California, on July 25 and will meet Chelsea three days later at Landover, Maryland.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: Apr-28-15 12:47 pm
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's Associated Press Global Football 10: