- While Madrid remains in turmoil, Barcelona keeps on thriving Updated: Nov-25-15 4:27 pm
MADRID - It's a good time to be a Barcelona fan. Not so much a Real Madrid one.
- Messi scores first goals after injury, Barca routs Roma 6-1 Updated: Nov-24-15 6:12 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi scored his first two goals after a two-month injury layoff and Luis Suarez netted a brace in a 6-1 rout of Roma on Tuesday as Barcelona advanced to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th consecutive season.
- Mehmedi rescues draw for Leverkusen at BATE Updated: Nov-24-15 5:15 pm
BORISOV, Belarus - Admir Mehmedi's volley salvaged a 1-1 draw for Bayer Leverkusen away at BATE Borisov in the Champions League on Tuesday.
- 'Je Suis Paris' is PSG's slogan after attacks in home city Updated: Nov-24-15 5:16 am
"Je suis Paris" will be the declaration from Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday with the French capital still reeling from the attacks that left 130 people dead.
- Benitez hanging on at Real Madrid; Zinedine Zidane next? Updated: Nov-23-15 5:22 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid fans vividly showed their dissatisfaction, frantically waving white "goodbye" handkerchiefs and loudly jeering.
- Perez says Real Madrid remains fully behind Benitez Updated: Nov-23-15 3:03 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insisted Monday that the club remains fully behind coach Rafa Benitez despite the humiliating loss to Barcelona this weekend.
- Barcelona looks to reach next round of Champions League Updated: Nov-23-15 7:17 am
MADRID - Still savoring its memorable win against Real Madrid, Barcelona returns home to face Roma on Tuesday with a chance to reach the knockout stage of the Champions League.
- Barcelona hosts Roma amid heightened security measures Updated: Nov-22-15 10:33 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Fresh from its domestic demolition of Real Madrid, Barcelona will be aiming to advance to the Champions League knockout rounds for a 12th straight year when it hosts Roma on Tuesday.
- Inter moves clear at top of Serie A on low-key day in Europe Updated: Nov-22-15 6:58 pm
MILAN - Inter Milan moved two points clear at the top of Serie A with a 4-0 win over struggling Frosinone in an otherwise subdued Sunday for Europe's major leagues.
- Levante beats Sporting to escape bottom of Spanish league Updated: Nov-22-15 8:23 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Deyverson scored twice in Levante's 3-0 win at Sporting Gijon to move the team off the bottom of the Spanish league on Sunday.
- In Barca's big win, Iniesta wins over Madrid smarting fans Updated: Nov-22-15 8:12 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Andres Iniesta has won it all with Barcelona, even the applause of its fiercest rival's fans.
- Messi on the bench for Real Madrid vs. Barcelona Updated: Nov-21-15 12:05 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi will be on the bench when Barcelona plays at Real Madrid in the first "clasico" of the season on Saturday.
- Stadiums on red alert as football resumes after Paris terror Updated: Nov-19-15 11:31 am
PARIS - Fear and trepidation, rather than excitement and thrills, may grip fans when Europe's domestic soccer leagues resume this weekend in the wake of deadly terror attacks in Paris.
- Suarez says Messi looks sharp ahead of the 'clasico' Updated: Nov-18-15 6:15 pm
MADRID - Lionel Messi appears to be ready to play this weekend's "clasico" against Real Madrid according to Barcelona teammate Luis Suarez.
- Unprecedented security measures in place for Madrid vs Barca Updated: Nov-18-15 4:33 pm
MADRID - Spanish officials are promising unprecedented security measures for Saturday's soccer match between Real Madrid and Barcelona following the attacks in Paris.
- Neymar and Bayern Munich lead AP Global Football 10 Updated: Nov-10-15 10:41 am
LONDON - Neymar and Bayern Munich returned to the top of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday.
- Sociedad hires coach Eusebio Sacristan to replace Moyes Updated: Nov-10-15 4:07 am
SAN SEBASTIAN, Spain - Real Sociedad has hired former Barcelona player Eusebio Sacristan to replace David Moyes as the Spanish club's manager.
- Diego Costa recalled for Spain's national team Updated: Nov-06-15 9:40 am
MADRID - Diego Costa is back with Spain's national team after being left out of the last two matches because of suspensions.
- Madrid and Barcelona vie for the lead ahead the 'clasico' Updated: Nov-05-15 4:30 pm
MADRID - Real Madrid plays at Sevilla and Barcelona hosts Villarreal in the Spanish league this weekend, with both teams looking to stay in front before they face each other for the first time this season.
- Barcelona midfielder Rakitic injures leg muscle Updated: Nov-04-15 5:48 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona will be without midfielder Ivan Rakitic for Sunday's Spanish league match against Villarreal due to injury.
- Roma beats Leverkusen 3-2 to revive chances of advancing Updated: Nov-04-15 5:28 pm
ROME - Miralem Pjanic scored a late penalty and Roma edged Bayer Leverkusen 3-2 Wednesday to revive its chances of advancing in the Champions League.
- Neymar, Suarez score as Barcelona beats BATE 3-0 in CL Updated: Nov-04-15 4:40 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Neymar scored twice and Luis Suarez added another goal to help Barcelona ease to a 3-0 win over BATE Borisov and move closer to qualifying for the Champions League knockout rounds on Wednesday.
- Barcelona apologizes for players' Halloween gag at Getafe Updated: Nov-01-15 2:49 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona has apologized for a Halloween gag by its players that led to the interruption of a post-match news conference with an opposing player.
- Javier Mascherano admits to unpaid taxes in Spain Updated: Oct-29-15 7:42 am
MADRID - Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano told a court on Thursday that he did not properly pay his taxes in Spain after moving from Liverpool.
- Mascherano suspended 2 games, will get to face Real Madrid Updated: Oct-28-15 9:57 am
MADRID - Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano will be able to face Real Madrid in the Spanish league next month after being handed only a two-game suspension for complaining to a linesman.