- Leicester beats City 3-1, Torres nets 100th Atletico goal Updated: Feb-06-16 7:36 pm
Leicester firmly underlined its Premier League title credentials with a 3-1 win at Manchester City on Saturday, while Atletico Madrid moved provisionally level on points with Barcelona at the top of the Spanish league by beating Eibar 3-1.
- Filipe Luis' suspension for foul on Messi reduced to 1 game Updated: Feb-04-16 3:37 pm
MADRID - Atletico Madrid says Filipe Luis' suspension for a dangerous foul on Lionel Messi has been reduced from three games to one.
- Quotes from voters in this week's AP Global Football 10 Updated: Feb-02-16 2:05 pm
LONDON - Quotes from voters in this week's Associated Press Global Football 10
- Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona lead AP Global Football Poll Updated: Feb-02-16 1:55 pm
LONDON, England - Cristiano Ronaldo led the way at the summit of the Associated Press Global Football 10 on Tuesday, after scoring a hat trick in Real Madrid's resounding 6-0 win against Espanyol.
- Bayern's Javi Martinez has knee surgery, out for 4 weeks Updated: Feb-02-16 7:55 am
MUNICH - Bayern Munich says defender Javi Martinez will be sidelined for about four weeks following surgery to remove damaged cartilage in his left knee.
- Transfer deadline day: Mid-ranking Everton, Stoke spend $45M Updated: Feb-01-16 6:57 pm
LONDON - The heaviest spending as European football's transfer window closed on Monday was not by traditional powers but mid-ranking English clubs Stoke and Everton collectively paying around $45 million on two players.
- Coach says Lionel Messi will skip Rio de Janeiro Olympics Updated: Feb-01-16 6:14 pm
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina - Lionel Messi will skip the Rio de Janeiro Olympics in six months because his coach Gerardo Martino says he needs some rest.
- The Latest: Stoke signs $26m Imbula in winter's biggest deal Updated: Feb-01-16 6:03 pm
LONDON - The Latest on European soccer transfer deadline day (all times local):
- Guardiola to become Man City manager, replacing Pellegrini Updated: Feb-01-16 1:09 pm
MANCHESTER, England - Pep Guardiola and Manchester City have long been considered a likely match: Soccer's most admired coach and a club with massive spending power seeking to become the dominant force in Europe.
- Spain recommends fines for Sevilla and Cadiz over fans Updated: Jan-28-16 12:27 pm
MADRID - Spanish authorities are recommending Sevilla and third division club Cadiz should each be fined 120,000 euros ($130,000) for "supporting and promoting" activities of violent fan groups.
- Neymar returns for Barcelona after missing 1 match Updated: Jan-27-16 5:38 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Neymar has returned to Barcelona's squad for Wednesday's Copa del Rey quarterfinal against Athletic Bilbao.
- Before Liga clash, Barca & Atletico aims to advance in Copa Updated: Jan-26-16 7:48 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona and Atletico Madrid will both look to seal their spots in the Copa del Rey's semifinals on Wednesday ahead of their highly-anticipated Spanish league clash.
- Malaga defender Welington out with leg injury Updated: Jan-25-16 2:05 pm
MADRID - Malaga has confirmed its Brazilian defender Weligton sustained a muscle injury to his left leg during the club's 2-1 home loss to Barcelona at the weekend.
- Man United sends goalkeeper Valdes to Liege Updated: Jan-24-16 7:37 am
MANCHESTER, England - Victor Valdes' short-lived Manchester United career seems over.
- In UEFA power vacuum, clubs discuss Champions League revamp Updated: Jan-23-16 11:43 am
LONDON - European football's power vacuum is being seen as an opportunity by clubs to have a big say in overhauling its richest competition.
- New Espanyol owner wants team in Champions League in 3 years Updated: Jan-22-16 8:22 am
BARCELONA, Spain - Espanyol's new Chinese owner says he wants the Barcelona-based club to compete in the Champions League "within three years."
- Mascherano expected to avoid jail time in tax case Updated: Jan-21-16 2:13 pm
MADRID - Although he is not expected to serve any time in jail, Barcelona defender Javier Mascherano was handed a one-year prison sentence Thursday for not properly paying taxes in Spain.
- Atletico aims to stay atop in Spain with another home win Updated: Jan-21-16 11:19 am
MADRID - Victory for Atletico Madrid this weekend will keep Diego Simeone's team atop the Spanish league going into a much-anticipated encounter with second-place Barcelona.
- Copa del Rey quarters: Barcelona faces Athletic Bilbao again Updated: Jan-15-16 6:42 am
MADRID - Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao will meet in the quarterfinals of the Copa del Rey in a rematch of last year's final.
- Spalletti re-hired by Roma to take over for fired Garcia Updated: Jan-14-16 9:38 am
ROME - After more than six years away from Serie A, Luciano Spalletti is looking forward to coaching in his home league again with Roma.
- Roma fires Garcia after only 1 win in last 10 matches Updated: Jan-13-16 7:50 am
ROME - Roma fired coach Rudi Garcia on Wednesday after only one win in its last 10 matches in all competitions, with the club's American president saying "this is the right time for a change."
- Suarez's suspension upheld ahead of Copa del Rey match Updated: Jan-12-16 4:17 pm
MADRID - The Spanish federation's appeal's commission has upheld Luis Suarez's two-game suspension for insulting opponents in a Copa del Rey match.
- Lionel Messi wins FIFA world player award for 5th time Updated: Jan-11-16 3:40 pm
ZURICH - Now score it Lionel Messi 5, Cristiano Ronaldo 3.
- Zidane's arrival breathes new life into Real Madrid Updated: Jan-10-16 7:16 am
MADRID - There is definitely something different about Real Madrid since Zinedine Zidane took over.