- Milan, Ajax battle it out for spot in next round Updated: Dec-10-13 7:14 am
- Ronaldo, Messi, Ribery up for Ballon d'Or Updated: Dec-09-13 8:54 am
- 5 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Dec-08-13 7:12 pm
- AP soccer poll honors: Gareth Bale, Arsenal Updated: Dec-03-13 11:50 am
- Adidas looks to the World Cup stage Updated: Dec-02-13 8:03 pm
- Madrid, Barcelona among those fined over TV rights Updated: Dec-02-13 11:44 am
- Messi-less Barcelona under pressure Updated: Dec-02-13 8:54 am
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Golden Ball Updated: Nov-29-13 1:55 pm
- Column: Because of Messi, Ronaldo for Ballon d'Or Updated: Nov-29-13 1:09 pm
- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Nov-28-13 8:08 am
- 10-man Ajax holds on for 2-1 win over Barcelona Updated: Nov-26-13 5:14 pm
- Milan beats Celtic 3-0 in Champions League Updated: Nov-26-13 5:00 pm
- Barcelona's Adriano injured, to miss Ajax match Updated: Nov-24-13 7:29 am
- Superb Ronaldo boosts Ballon d'Or hopes over Messi Updated: Nov-20-13 9:41 am
- Messi receives Golden Boot as Europe's top scorer Updated: Nov-20-13 8:26 am
- Messi's injury problems may be his own fault Updated: Nov-18-13 9:26 am
- Bosnia awaits warm soccer welcome in St. Louis Updated: Nov-17-13 1:33 pm
- Barcelona extends UNICEF deal until 2016 Updated: Nov-12-13 10:24 am
- Messi set to miss rest of 2013 to another injury Updated: Nov-11-13 4:24 pm
- Messi out 6 to 8 weeks with another leg injury Updated: Nov-11-13 2:21 pm
MILAN - AC Milan and Ajax will play for a spot in the knockout stage of the Champions League on Wednesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery are in the running for the Ballon d'Or.
LONDON - Half of the last 16 places in the knockout stage of the Champions League are still up for grabs and will be decided this week after the final group games. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain reached the knockout phase in the last round of games, joining defending champion Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona.
LONDON - Gareth Bale took first place in The Associated Press global soccer poll Tuesday after scoring his first hat trick for Real Madrid.
PORTLAND, Oregon - It's looking quite festive these days at Adidas' North American headquarters, and it has nothing to do with the holiday season.
MADRID - The Spanish competition commission has fined Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Racing Santander and a major broadcaster 15 million euros ($20 million) for a "serious" violation of television rights sales.
MADRID - Even with Neymar available, Barcelona is feeling the absence of Lionel Messi.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, has a cute-looking son and steps out with a fashion model.
PARIS - What's not to like about Cristiano Ronaldo? Other than the fact that he's fabulously rich, a giant success in his chosen profession, steps out with a fashion model, has a cute-looking son and is dreamy to many members of the opposite and indeed his own sex.
MADRID - Injury-hit Barcelona is coming off its first loss of the season ahead of perhaps its toughest domestic league match of the young season, an away date at Athletic Bilbao.
AMSTERDAM - Ten-man Ajax held on for a shock 2-1 win over Barcelona on Tuesday to keep alive its hopes of qualifying for the knockout stages of the Champions League.
GLASGOW, Scotland - AC Milan shrugged off its patchy domestic form to ease past Celtic 3-0 in Group H of the Champions League on Tuesday and close in on the knockout stage.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona's already injury-hit squad has received another blow with full back Adriano ruled out of Tuesday's Champions League game at Ajax.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo put his enormous talent on display with a hat trick in World Cup qualifying, and the reward may be the Ballon d'Or after a voting deadline extension on Wednesday improved his chances of beating out Lionel Messi for the honor.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona forward Lionel Messi was presented with a record third Golden Boot on Wednesday for scoring the most goals in Europe's domestic leagues last season.
MADRID - Lionel Messi seems to keep getting injured these days, and he could be the one to blame for his own troubles.
ST. LOUIS - Lionel Messi's last-minute scratch from an Argentina-Bosnia World Cup exhibition on Monday isn't dampening excitement in St. Louis, home to one of the largest Bosnian communities outside Sarajevo.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona says it has extended its agreement to donate 1.5 million euros ($2 million) per year to UNICEF, keeping the children's aid organization's logo on the back of its jersey until 2016.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play football again until 2014.
BARCELONA, Spain - Lionel Messi probably won't play soccer again until 2014.