- Barcelona faces end of winning era Updated: Apr-17-14 1:47 pm
- Bundesliga relegation battle heats up Updated: Apr-17-14 7:30 am
- Atletico faces Elche in 1st of 5 'finals' Updated: Apr-17-14 5:56 am
- Bale leads Madrid 2-1 past Barca for Copa del Rey Updated: Apr-16-14 9:03 pm
- Real Madrid wins 19th Copa del Rey title Updated: Apr-16-14 7:42 pm
- Reus, Liverpool top AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 1:21 pm
- Barcelona faces Ronaldo-less Madrid in Copa final Updated: Apr-15-14 8:54 am
- Cristiano Ronaldo to miss Copa del Rey final Updated: Apr-15-14 7:59 am
- Aduriz nets 2, Bilbao beats Malaga 3-0 to stay 4th Updated: Apr-14-14 6:15 pm
- Atletico 4 wins away from Spanish title Updated: Apr-14-14 6:39 am
- Liverpool, Atletico continue sparkling form Updated: Apr-13-14 7:08 pm
- Champions semis: Madrid-Bayern, Atletico-Chelsea Updated: Apr-11-14 2:05 pm
- Champions League Draw List Updated: Apr-11-14 9:09 am
- Madrid hopeful Ronaldo can play Copa del Rey final Updated: Apr-11-14 7:38 am
- Dortmund buys Nuri Sahin back from Real Madrid Updated: Apr-11-14 6:23 am
- 5 Belgium players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:59 am
- 5 Portugal players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-11-14 5:49 am
- 100,000 sellout for Real Madrid-Manchester United Updated: Apr-10-14 2:48 pm
- Barca's Champs League exit adds to post-Pep slide Updated: Apr-10-14 7:27 am
- Queiroz aiming to take Iran to the next level Updated: Apr-10-14 6:06 am
- 5 Argentina players to watch at the World Cup Updated: Apr-10-14 6:02 am
- Atletico wants to avoid Chelsea in Champs League Updated: Apr-10-14 5:44 am
- Atletico beats Barcelona to reach Champions semis Updated: Apr-09-14 6:36 pm
- Ba helps Chelsea eliminate PSG to reach CL semis Updated: Apr-08-14 8:18 pm
- Real Madrid reaches Champs League semifinals Updated: Apr-08-14 7:11 pm
BARCELONA, Spain - Barring a drastic turn of fortune, Barcelona is on the brink of finishing its worst season since former coach Pep Guardiola molded it into one of the most successful sides to play the game.
BERLIN - The relegation battle and race for the last Champions League qualification spot take center stage in the Bundesliga with just four games of the season remaining. League champion Bayern Munich has already turned its attention to defending its Champions League and German Cup titles and will use the remaining games as warm-ups for Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund. There are no games on Friday so the 31st round of games gets underway Thursday night with Eintracht Frankfurt hosting Hannover. Here are five things to know ahead of the Easter weekend's games:
BARCELONA, Spain - Atletico Madrid coach Diego Simeone has called the remaining league games of the season five "finals," and his team plays its first against Elche on Friday before receiving Chelsea in the Champions League.
VALENCIA, Spain - Gareth Bale filled the void left by the injured Cristiano Ronaldo, sealing Real Madrid's 19th Copa del Rey title with a late goal in Wednesday's 2-1 win over Barcelona.
VALENCIA, Spain - Gareth Bale raced down the field, avoided a defender and rolled the ball under goalkeeper Jose Pinto in the 90th minute, giving Real Madrid a 2-1 win over Barcelona on Wednesday night and its 19th Copa del Rey title.
LONDON - Liverpool took team of the week honors for the fourth time this season in The Associated Press weekly football poll following its 3-2 victory over English Premier League title rival Manchester City.
BARCELONA, Spain - Out of the Champions League and stumbling in Spain, Barcelona faces Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final in likely its best chance to win some silverware this season.
MADRID - Real Madrid will be without Cristiano Ronaldo for the Copa del Rey final against Barcelona on Wednesday after the forward failed to recover from a leg injury.
BILBAO, Spain - Athletic Bilbao striker Aritz Aduriz scored goals at the start of each half to help the Basque club beat Malaga 3-0 on Monday, strengthening its hold on Spain's final Champions League berth.
BARCELONA, Spain - With a smaller budget and no stars like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, Atletico Madrid wasn't supposed to be leading the Spanish league with five matches left to play.
LIVERPOOL, England - There could be unlikely league winners in England and Spain this season, with Liverpool and Atletico Madrid keeping up their good form with wins on Sunday.
NYON, Switzerland - Draw Friday for the Champions League semifinals:
MADRID - Real Madrid coach Carlo Ancelotti has not ruled Cristiano Ronaldo out of the Copa del Rey final just yet, despite injury concerns.
BRUSSELS - With only a few notable exceptions, Belgium has often been a team bigger than the sum of its players.
LISBON, Portugal - Portugal has long been admired for producing talented players, and their flair has earned them the tag of "the Brazilians of Europe."
ANN ARBOR, Michigan - It took less than a day for all tickets to sell out at the 100,000-plus seat Michigan Stadium for the Aug. 2 preseason exhibition game between world soccer powerhouses Manchester United and Real Madrid.
MADRID - While it may be too soon to call Barcelona's Champions League exit the end of an era, the Spanish champion doesn't seem to have recovered from former coach Pep Guardiola's departure two seasons ago.
Iran coach Carlos Queiroz already has plenty of World Cup experience, and the country's national football team will be hoping to make the most of it in Brazil.
With a squad packed full of talent from Europe's top clubs, Argentina is certainly one of the title contenders at this year's World Cup.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid is hoping to avoid Chelsea in Friday's Champions League draw so that on-loan goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois can play in the semifinals.
MADRID - Atletico Madrid finally got the better of Spanish rival Barcelona on Wednesday as Koke's early goal guided his team to a 1-0 win and into the Champions League semifinals with a 2-1 aggregate victory.
LONDON - Growing up, Demba Ba dreamed about scoring big goals for Paris Saint-Germain. With the team he supported as a child on the verge of reaching the Champions League semifinals for the first time in 19 years, Ba instead scored the goal that knocked them out.