- Man United, West Ham advance in English League Cup Updated: Dec-18-13 7:11 pm
- Madrid, Atletico win to advance in Copa del Rey Updated: Dec-18-13 6:44 pm
- EU opens finance probe into Spanish aid to soccer Updated: Dec-18-13 9:38 am
- Barcelona gets City in last 16 of Champions League Updated: Dec-16-13 3:18 pm
- Miroslav Djukic fired as Valencia coach Updated: Dec-16-13 12:29 pm
- Champions League Draw List Updated: Dec-16-13 12:08 pm
- Milan, Ajax battle it out for spot in next round Updated: Dec-10-13 7:14 am
- Ronaldo, Messi, Ribery up for Ballon d'Or Updated: Dec-09-13 8:54 am
- 5 things to know about the Champions League Updated: Dec-08-13 7:12 pm
- Ronaldo caught up on beauty sleep during WCup draw Updated: Dec-08-13 8:44 am
- Spain views cup draw with unease, excitement Updated: Dec-06-13 5:52 pm
- Ronaldo relishes Portugal's underdog role at WC Updated: Dec-05-13 8:32 am
- Madrid, Barcelona among those fined over TV rights Updated: Dec-02-13 11:44 am
- 5 things to know about the Spanish league Updated: Nov-28-13 8:08 am
- 10-man Madrid beats Galatasaray 4-1 in Champions Updated: Nov-27-13 6:00 pm
- 5 things to know about Group B of Champions League Updated: Nov-26-13 9:23 am
- 5 stars who won't be playing at the World Cup Updated: Nov-21-13 4:09 pm
- France, Portugal reach World Cup Updated: Nov-20-13 11:37 am
- Messi receives Golden Boot as Europe's top scorer Updated: Nov-20-13 8:26 am
- Ronaldo's hat trick sends Portugal to World Cup Updated: Nov-19-13 7:21 pm
LONDON - Tottenham dropped out of the League Cup on Wednesday, allowing two goals in the final 10 minutes in a 2-1 home loss to West Ham in the quarterfinals.
NYON, Switzerland - The champions of Spain will play a champion of Spanish football values after the Champions League last-16 draw delivered compelling pairings Monday.
VALENCIA, Spain - Valencia fired coach Miroslav Djukic on Monday, a day after a humbling 3-0 loss at Atletico Madrid that left it in the middle of the Spanish league standings.
NYON, Switzerland - Draw Monday for the last 16 of the Champions League:
MILAN - AC Milan and Ajax will play for a spot in the knockout stage of the Champions League on Wednesday.
Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and Franck Ribery are in the running for the Ballon d'Or.
LONDON - Half of the last 16 places in the knockout stage of the Champions League are still up for grabs and will be decided this week after the final group games. Manchester United, Real Madrid, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain reached the knockout phase in the last round of games, joining defending champion Bayern Munich, Manchester City, Atletico Madrid, and Barcelona.
MADRID - While the eyes of the football world were focused on Brazil for the World Cup draw, Cristiano Ronaldo caught up on his beauty sleep.
MADRID - Spain doesn't know what to make of its World Cup draw. Some are confident, while others are fearful.
MADRID - Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't count his Portugal among the favorites to win the World Cup, and he likes it that way.
MADRID - The Spanish competition commission has fined Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Racing Santander and a major broadcaster 15 million euros ($20 million) for a "serious" violation of television rights sales.
MADRID - Injury-hit Barcelona is coming off its first loss of the season ahead of perhaps its toughest domestic league match of the young season, an away date at Athletic Bilbao.
MADRID - Real Madrid overcame Sergio Ramos' early sending off and Cristiano Ronaldo's absence to seal its spot in the Champions League last 16 with a 4-1 hammering of Galatasaray on Wednesday.
PARIS - They are some of the biggest names in football but they won't be playing at the World Cup next year. Here is a look at five players whose absence will make the tournament in Brazil a poorer spectacle.
Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to lift Portugal into next year's World Cup at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden, and France came back in remarkable fashion to overtake Ukraine for a berth in the 32-nation field for next year's tournament in Brazil.
BARCELONA, Spain - Barcelona forward Lionel Messi was presented with a record third Golden Boot on Wednesday for scoring the most goals in Europe's domestic leagues last season.
The irrepressible Cristiano Ronaldo scored a dazzling hat trick to send Portugal into the 2014 World Cup finals at the expense of Zlatan Ibrahimovic's Sweden on Tuesday, while France advanced by conjuring a remarkable turnaround against Ukraine.