- Reus, Liverpool top AP football poll Updated: Apr-15-14 1:21 pm
- Atletico 4 wins away from Spanish title Updated: Apr-14-14 6:39 am
- Europa League: Benfica-Juventus, Sevilla-Valencia Updated: Apr-11-14 6:32 am
- Valencia fights back from 3-0 down to win 5-3 Updated: Apr-10-14 10:02 pm
- Valencia fights back from 3-0 down to win 5-3 Updated: Apr-10-14 6:59 pm
- Ecuador motivated by death of Christian Benitez Updated: Apr-10-14 5:51 am
- Ecuador offers lots of attacking options at WCup Updated: Apr-10-14 5:50 am
- France slim favorite to win Group E ahead of Swiss Updated: Apr-10-14 5:41 am
- Juventus, Basel, Porto, Benfica eye Europa semis Updated: Apr-09-14 1:47 am
- Basel ordered to play Europa QF in empty stadium Updated: Mar-26-14 1:14 pm
LONDON - Liverpool took team of the week honors for the fourth time this season in The Associated Press weekly football poll following its 3-2 victory over English Premier League title rival Manchester City.
BARCELONA, Spain - With a smaller budget and no stars like Lionel Messi or Cristiano Ronaldo, Atletico Madrid wasn't supposed to be leading the Spanish league with five matches left to play.
NYON, Switzerland - Juventus will face Benfica in the Europa League semifinals with a chance to play for the title in its home stadium.
Valencia fought back from a three-goal, first-leg deficit Thursday to beat Basel 5-0 and qualify for the Europa League semifinal, while competition favorite Juventus advanced after a tense 2-1 win at home to Lyon.
Valencia fought back from a three-goal first-leg deficit Thursday to beat Basel 5-0 and qualify for the Europa League semifinal, while competition favorite Juventus advanced after a tense 2-1 win at home to Lyon.
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuador's achievement of reaching its third World Cup was overshadowed by the death of striker Christian Benitez midway through qualifying, and filling the void he left will be the team's biggest challenge in Brazil.
QUITO, Ecuador - Manchester United winger Antonio Valencia, by far Ecuador's best-known player, will be joined by some other up-and-coming attackers that could shine at the World Cup in Brazil.
PARIS - France will head to the World Cup as the favorite in Group E despite strong competition from a well-organized Switzerland coached by Ottmar Hitzfeld.
MADRID - The Iberian peninsula's grip on the Europa League will loosen if Juventus and Basel can make good on first-leg victories and reach the semifinals of Europe's second-tier tournament.
NYON, Switzerland - UEFA has punished Basel for fan hooliganism by ordering the Swiss club to play its home Europa League quarterfinal against Valencia in an empty stadium.