- Bentley gives open-ended call for special session Updated: Sep-03-15 6:35 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Thursday gave an open-ended call for next week's special session, saying lawmakers can address any measure that would provide revenue to the state's ailing general fund budget.
- Planned Parenthood sues Alabama over end to Medicaid funds Updated: Aug-28-15 9:41 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Planned Parenthood Southeast on Friday filed a federal lawsuit over Gov. Robert Bentley's effort to cut off Medicaid payments to the organization's Alabama clinics.
- Federal court hears arguments on Ala legislative districts Updated: Aug-25-15 11:07 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A panel of skeptical federal judges on Tuesday questioned a state lawyer on whether voter race was the predominant consideration when Republican lawmakers drew at least some of Alabama's new legislative districts.
- Federal judges to hear arguments in redistricting fight Updated: Aug-24-15 7:49 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A three-judge panel on Tuesday will hear arguments over whether Alabama's legislative districts were racially gerrymandered.
- GOP candidates court voters in Alabama Updated: Aug-22-15 10:05 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama was once considered a flyover state for presidential hopefuls. That is no longer the case.
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Aug-19-15 2:22 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
- Alabama Gov. Bentley endorses Kasich of Ohio for president Updated: Aug-17-15 5:49 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley on Monday endorsed Ohio Gov. John Kasich for the Republican presidential nomination, saying he has the executive-level experience and compassion necessary to lead.
- GOP hopeful Kasich lands endorsement of Alabama's governor Updated: Aug-17-15 2:53 pm
Republican John Kasich (KAY-sik) has landed the endorsement of fellow governor Robert Bentley of Alabama, as Kasich seeks to build support for the GOP presidential nomination.
- Kasich takes campaign to Alabama, hints major announcement Updated: Aug-17-15 2:47 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY-sik) is hinting at a major announcement in Alabama.
- Alabama lawmakers vote to let boards meet by phone Updated: Aug-11-15 5:29 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers have voted to allow members of some governmental boards and commissions to phone in their votes at public meetings.
- Alabama lawmaker starts online fundraiser for state budget Updated: Aug-11-15 12:19 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama legislator has started an online fundraiser for the state's budget.
- Governor to cut state Medicaid money to Planned Parenthood Updated: Aug-06-15 6:24 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said Thursday that he is cutting off state Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood in the face of undercover videos shot by anti-abortion activists that implied the group was selling fetal tissue to researchers.