- Alabama county could be out $400, or millions Updated: Dec-08-13 10:29 am
- House armed forces lawmaker touring Ala. base Updated: Dec-08-13 7:03 am
- 2014 could be repeat of 2013 for Alabama raises Updated: Dec-07-13 10:29 am
- Alabama Sen. Shadrack McGill won't run again Updated: Dec-06-13 5:53 pm
- Ala. Supreme Court approves work release costs Updated: Dec-06-13 12:56 pm
- Ala. Rep. Wren elected leader of insurance group Updated: Dec-06-13 5:34 am
- Christian Coalition of Ala. announces 2014 agenda Updated: Dec-05-13 4:55 pm
- Alabama House GOP sets 2014 agenda Updated: Dec-05-13 2:51 pm
- Holmes says he refused to make ASU fight racial Updated: Dec-04-13 2:13 pm
- Alabama won't have husband, wife in Legislature Updated: Dec-03-13 10:47 pm
- Holmes, Collier in runoff for Alabama House 31 Updated: Dec-03-13 10:46 pm
- Johnson, Lee in runoff for Alabama House 53 Updated: Dec-03-13 10:20 pm
- Wilcox wins Alabama House 104 GOP runoff Updated: Dec-03-13 9:37 pm
- Alabama troopers report 11 holiday highway deaths Updated: Dec-03-13 11:07 am
- University Boulevard bridge replacement still on Updated: Dec-01-13 2:26 pm
- Lawmaker looks to tweak private school regulations Updated: Nov-29-13 4:42 pm
- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Nov-26-13 1:43 pm
- Horwitz appeals election case to Ala. high court Updated: Nov-25-13 6:26 pm
- Teenager killed in highway crash in Bibb County Updated: Nov-25-13 8:22 am
- Forestry group backs Alabama AG for re-election Updated: Nov-23-13 5:37 am
- Alabama court modifies ruling tossing AEA suit Updated: Nov-22-13 4:15 pm
- Jury finds Alabama trooper not guilty Updated: Nov-21-13 3:29 pm
- Former Alabama governor helping GOP legislators Updated: Nov-21-13 2:03 pm
- Student progress questioned in evaluation rubric Updated: Nov-21-13 11:54 am
- Dimitri Polizos wins Ala. House District 74 race Updated: Nov-19-13 9:26 pm
GUNTERSVILLE, Alabama - The criminal charge against former Marshall County Revenue Commissioner Joey Masters is serious, but hardly jaw-dropping: He's accused on a single misdemeanor count of taking a few hundred dollars from a petty cash fund in his office.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A high-ranking lawmaker on the House Armed Forces Committee will soon tour Maxwell Air Force Base in Montgomery.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama teachers could be in line for another pay raise when the state legislature meets next year, but non-education state employees should not get their hopes up.
FORT PAYNE, Alabama - Republican state Sen. Shadrack McGill of Woodville has decided one term in the Senate is enough.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Supreme Court has ruled the state prison system can charge work release inmates for providing transportation to their jobs and other associated costs.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Republican Rep. Greg Wren of Montgomery has been elected president of the National Conference of Insurance Legislators.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Christian Coalition of Alabama plans to push a bill in the upcoming legislative session that would ban the sale of alcohol in gambling businesses, including Indian casinos.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The House Republican Caucus released its agenda for 2014 on Thursday that focuses on simplifying state tax laws while maintaining the GOP's tradition of not raising taxes.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - State Rep. Alvin Holmes of Montgomery said he's been criticized by a former Alabama State University trustee and others because he refused a request to help turn an investigation of the university into a racial fight.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama won't have a husband and wife serving in the Legislature at the same time.
WETUMPKA, Alabama - A runoff will be necessary to decide the special election for Alabama House District 31.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Anthony "Alann" Johnson and Arthur Shores Lee will be in a runoff Jan. 28 to decide the Democratic nominee for Alabama House District 53 in Birmingham.
MOBILE, Alabama - Mobile businesswoman Susan Hightower won't be joining her husband in the Alabama Legislature.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Traffic fatalities on Alabama highways increased significantly during the long Thanksgiving holiday period.
ALBERTA, Alabama - Alabama transportation officials say plans to replace the University Boulevard bridge in Alberta are still in place.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A state lawmaker has pre-filed a bill to remove the state Department of Education from the licensure and regulation processes for private schools.
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
TUSCALOOSA, Alabama - A former Tuscaloosa school board member who accused University of Alabama students of voter fraud during municipal elections is asking the state Supreme Court to reconsider a lower court's refusal to overturn the results.
BRENT, Alabama - Authorities have identified a motorist killed in a highway crash in Bibb County as 16-year-old Desmine Phillips.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Forestry Association has thrown its support to the re-election campaign of state Attorney General Luther Strange.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Supreme Court has changed some of the wording its recent ruling tossing out a lawsuit against the Alabama Accountability Act, but it didn't change the result.
ATHENS, Alabama - Jurors say an Alabama state trooper is innocent of criminally negligent homicide in a crash that killed two people in April 2011.
HUNTSVILLE, Alabama - Former Gov. Bob Riley will be a major player in the 2014 elections in Alabama even though his name is not on the ballot.
FLORENCE, Alabama - Alabama education officials are divided over whether the teacher evaluation process places enough importance on student achievement.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Montgomery County Commissioner Dimitri Polizos has won a runoff election to represent District 74 in the Alabama House of Representatives.