- Alabama editorial roundup Updated: Apr-15-14 3:37 pm
- AG, sheriff applaud court ruling in bingo raid Updated: Apr-15-14 12:44 pm
- Group urges Alabama to create dam safety program Updated: Apr-15-14 12:34 pm
- Alabama enacts restrictions on welfare Updated: Apr-11-14 2:34 pm
- New law gives more time for securities fraud cases Updated: Apr-09-14 5:49 pm
- Ala. Legislature spent money with Hubbard company Updated: Apr-08-14 7:53 pm
- Alabama governor signs crowd funding law Updated: Apr-08-14 6:11 pm
- Correction: Little Known Civil Rights Icon story Updated: Apr-08-14 5:04 pm
- Auburn student grateful for state trooper's help Updated: Apr-08-14 11:06 am
- Alabama AG praises court ruling on meth lab Updated: Apr-08-14 5:34 am
- AP Interview: Alabama speaker reacts to plea deal Updated: Apr-05-14 3:21 pm
- General Fund becomes law with few changes Updated: Apr-05-14 5:34 am
- Alabama Legislature approves budget, ends session Updated: Apr-03-14 11:11 pm
- Many bills die on last day of Alabama Legislature Updated: Apr-03-14 9:50 pm
- Lobbying for former Alabama Legislature limited Updated: Apr-03-14 8:35 pm
- Alabama lawmakers approve welfare drug testing Updated: Apr-03-14 7:42 pm
- Alabama places new rules on abortions Updated: Apr-03-14 6:32 pm
- Bill regarding Alabama's spay clinics stalls Updated: Apr-03-14 3:03 pm
- Democratic Sen. Keahey drops re-election campaign Updated: Apr-03-14 2:44 pm
- Alabama Legislature approves bill on jobs, welfare Updated: Apr-03-14 12:45 pm
- Alabama House approves welfare restrictions Updated: Apr-02-14 11:25 pm
- Todd upset by anti-gay marriage resolution vote Updated: Apr-02-14 10:31 pm
- Handguns-in-cars bill dies in Ala. House committee Updated: Apr-02-14 6:37 pm
- Senators approve 2, block 2 ASU trustees Updated: Apr-02-14 4:43 pm
- Ala. Supreme Court rules for state in bingo cases Updated: Apr-02-14 3:40 pm
Recent editorials from Alabama newspapers:
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's attorney general and the Jefferson County sheriff are praising a judge's ruling in a 2011 raid on an electronic bingo hall.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A group urged Alabama to create an inspection program for the hundreds of dams across the state, most of which they say go unregulated.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama has enacted new laws setting stricter requirement for welfare, including requiring applicants to apply for three jobs before getting aid.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The director of the Alabama Securities Commission expects a new state law to make it easier to prosecute securities fraud cases that take years for the crime to emerge.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A spokeswoman for Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard said he wasn't aware that a company he partially owns got paid about $11,000 by the Legislature during the past two years.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabamians are being given a new way to raise money to start small businesses.
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - In a story March 2 about the death of Walter Lee Fowlkes, The Associated Press, relying on a report from al.com that quoted family, friends and a former state lawmaker, reported erroneously that Fowlkes was the subject of a 1963 AP photo showing a civil rights marcher being attacked by a police dog. The marcher in the photo was Walter Gadsden, not Fowlkes.
AUBURN, Alabama - On Aug. 31, Auburn University student April Dixon parked her car, donned a pair of sunglasses and walked through the darkness to the ledge of an Interstate 85 overpass near exit 51. State Trooper Cpl. Jackie Hamby was working an intersection on the south side of the bridge when he got the call.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Attorney General Luther Strange says the Alabama Supreme Court has issued a groundbreaking ruling in a case involving a methamphetamine lab.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama House Speaker Mike Hubbard says he never tried to insert language into the state budget to help direct business to a company that had ties to his own.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama's $1.8 billion General Fund budget for the next fiscal year has become law with only small changes from the governor.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The 2014 legislative session ended Thursday with approval of the education budget and a political rift between Republican Gov. Robert Bentley and GOP lawmakers.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Dozens of bills died when the Alabama Legislature ended its 2014 session Thursday, including one to rewrite Alabama's open meetings law and another the state prison system said was needed to resume executions in Alabama.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Legislature is trying to keep members from immediately becoming lobbyists after leaving office.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Legislature has approved a bill to drug test welfare applicants who have had a drug conviction within the last five years.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Legislature is tightening regulations for girls under 18 seeking abortions, but a bill that would ban most abortions in the state appears dead.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - A bill aimed at protecting nonprofit spay-neuter clinics operating in Alabama stalled in the state Senate on the last day of the legislative session.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Democratic state Sen. Marc Keahey of Grove Hill has dropped his campaign for re-election in a southwest Alabama district that has become more Republican leaning.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Legislature has passed a bill requiring people to apply for three jobs before seeking welfare benefits.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama House of Representatives has given final passage to a bill aimed at stopping people from using welfare benefit cards at liquor stores, bars, tattoo parlors, psychic networks and strip clubs.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama House of Representatives on Wednesday approved a resolution urging an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to ban gay marriage.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Members of a legislative committee have shot down a bill to let people carry loaded handguns in their cars without a concealed carry permit.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - State senators approved two of Gov. Robert Bentley's selections for the board of Alabama State University on Wednesday and rejected two others, prompting him to resume his search for trustees at the Montgomery university that has been a focus of his administration for more than a year.
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Supreme Court, in a decision unsealed Tuesday, again sided with the state's attorney general in attempts to shut down electronic bingo casinos in Greene County.