- Vt. man dies of crash injuries Updated: Mar-06-14 2:26 pm
- Putney asks Vermont to provide more broadband Updated: Mar-05-14 1:56 pm
- Vt. town supports wind project - again Updated: Mar-04-14 6:29 pm
- US drug leader says Vt. can lead on opiate issue Updated: Mar-03-14 5:47 pm
- Vt lawmakers mull repeal of some bottle deposits Updated: Mar-01-14 11:49 am
- Vt. police say 1 seriously hurt in I-89 head-on Updated: Mar-01-14 9:05 am
- Vt. Senate endorses child care unionization bill Updated: Feb-28-14 5:08 pm
- Tax hikes mulled to pay for Lake Champlain cleanup Updated: Feb-27-14 11:49 pm
- Vt. bill to ban hotel smoking rooms moves forward Updated: Feb-27-14 6:14 pm
- Search to continue for missing Vt. woman Updated: Feb-27-14 5:50 pm
- Vt. Senate chief supports repeal of aid in dying Updated: Feb-27-14 5:01 pm
- Involuntary medication bill up in Vt. Senate Updated: Feb-27-14 4:34 am
- Amtrak ridership in Vt. up 4 percent last year Updated: Feb-26-14 6:42 pm
- Correction: Shrinking Schools story Updated: Feb-26-14 6:28 pm
- VT man shot by police pleads guilty to assault Updated: Feb-26-14 3:14 pm
- Tax predictions before Vt. town meeting spotty Updated: Feb-26-14 12:36 pm
- Vt. House endorses benefits for military spouses Updated: Feb-26-14 5:05 am
- 2 NYC men arrested on drug charges in Vt. Updated: Feb-25-14 11:35 pm
- Some want tax rate signal from Vt. lawmakers Updated: Feb-25-14 10:04 am
- Police: Tour bus driver dead in Vt. truck crash Updated: Feb-22-14 8:34 pm
- Vermont considers 10-cent bag fee for retailers Updated: Feb-21-14 6:26 pm
- Vt. lawmakers re-elect 2 to colleges board Updated: Feb-21-14 5:32 am
- Vt. bills spur conflict-of-interest questions Updated: Feb-20-14 7:03 pm
- Couple escapes from fire at 220-year-old Vt. house Updated: Feb-20-14 7:56 am
- Vt. Republicans call for more exchange delays Updated: Feb-19-14 4:38 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont State Police say a man involved in a crash on Interstate 89 over the weekend has died.
PUTNEY, Vermont - Putney voters say a few hundred residents do not have access to affordable broadband Internet and they want Vermont lawmakers to change that.
LOWELL, Vermont - Lowell voters affirmed their support Tuesday for Green Mountain Power's Kingdom Community Wind project that is making electricity for the region on a ridgeline above the community.
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont's efforts to fight heroin and opiate abuse can serve as a model for the rest of the country, the nation's top anti-drug official said Monday during a visit to the state Department of Public Safety.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont redemption centers and environmental advocates are opposing a legislative measure that would repeal the deposit on 1-liter or larger liquor bottles and beverages containers as part of an effort to move the state closer to a single-stream solid waste system.
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont State Police troopers are investigating a head on-crash on Interstate 89 in Waterbury that seriously injured one of the drivers.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Senate on Friday passed and sent to the House a bill that would allow child care workers in the state to unionize to negotiate rates and working conditions with the state.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Lawmakers are considering cleaning up Lake Champlain through control of stormwater runoff, farming regulations and other efforts and paying for it by raising taxes on visitors to Vermont's hotels and restaurants.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Smoking rooms in the state's hotels and motels would be eliminated under a bill endorsed by the Vermont House on Thursday.
PROCTOR, Vermont - Vermont State Police are searching for a missing Proctor woman.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The president pro tem of the Vermont Senate says he would support a repeal of the state's aid-in-dying law, but its chief sponsor says she hasn't heard anything about the way it's operating to give her concern.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Senate is expected to give final approval to a bill that would streamline the state's process for involuntary hospitalization and medication of patients with mental illness.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Ridership on Vermont's two Amtrak trains was up 4 percent last year to a total of just over 137,000 riders, an Amtrak official told a committee of the Vermont House on Wednesday.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - In a story Feb. 25 about Vermont school governance, The Associated Press misspelled the last name of the state education secretary. Her name is Rebecca Holcombe, not Holcomb.
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A St. Johnsbury man who was shot by a Vermont state trooper during a standoff on a school bus has pleaded guilty to assault and other charges.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - There's been a tug of war for nearly a week between Vermont Republicans and Democrats over whether the Vermont House usually sets its version of a statewide school property tax before Town Meeting Day.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Military service members and their families can be put in a tough spot when the military orders one spouse to move and the other must give up a job to move along with the service member.
BRATTLEBORO, Vermont - Vermont State Police have arrested two New York City men after troopers found 1,000 bags of heroin in their SUV during a traffic stop on Interstate 91 in Brattleboro.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - It may be a chicken-and-egg question: Should Vermont lawmakers give a signal on school tax rates before Town Meeting Day? Or should lawmakers wait to see what local voters do with their school budgets?
WEST HAVEN, Vermont - A tour bus struck a jackknifed tractor-trailer on an icy western Vermont roadway, killing the bus driver, police said Saturday.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont would require that retailers charge shoppers a 10-cent fee for disposable carryout bags in an attempt to streamline waste management and cut down on litter under a bill being debated in the Legislature, but not all businesses support the measure.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Two Vermont House members have been re-elected to the seats they also hold on the Vermont State Colleges Board of Trustees.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - When George Till, a state representative and a physician, successfully urged his House colleagues earlier this year to pass a Vermont bill removing from the public record cases in which a doctor is accused and then cleared of unprofessional conduct charges, no one in the House spoke up to question the propriety of a legislator advocating a bill that could one day benefit himself.
GUILFORD, Vermont - A couple escaped after their house caught on fire in the Vermont town of Guilford.
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont Republicans are calling for delaying the requirement that small businesses sign up for health insurance through the Vermont Health Connect exchange, while Gov. Peter Shumlin continues to say state officials are working hard to get the exchange website fully functional.