- US, Saudi Arabia announce 5-day ceasefire in Yemen 'soon' Updated: May-07-15 9:13 am
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia and the United States said Thursday a renewable, five-day cease-fire in Yemen's war would start soon to facilitate aid to millions of civilians in need, if Iran-backed rebels and their allies also agree to stop fighting.
- Kerry seeks pause in Yemen war as he arrives in Saudi Arabia Updated: May-06-15 3:43 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sought to secure a pause in Yemen's war as he arrived in Saudi Arabia Wednesday to meet with the king and other top officials, citing increased shortages of food, fuel and medicine that are adding to a crisis that already has neighboring countries bracing for a mass exodus of refugees. He was to hold further talks Thursday.
- Analysis: Despite Saudi strikes, Yemen rebels remain dug in Updated: May-06-15 3:40 am
SANAA, Yemen - More than a month of relentless airstrikes by a coalition led by Saudi Arabia has inflicted painful damage on Shiite rebels in Yemen, but they show little sign of collapse.
- Hundreds of families trapped by fighting in Yemen's Aden Updated: May-02-15 6:41 am
SANAA, Yemen - Hundreds of families are trapped in their homes by weeks of fierce fighting in the center of the southern city of Aden, running short of supplies - their only lifeline coming from volunteers making dangerous runs across the city's harbor in rickety boats bearing food and medicine.
- Administration worries grow over Saudi campaign in Yemen Updated: May-01-15 3:53 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration is growing increasingly wary about the Saudi-led military intervention in Yemen and how to restore peace to a country wracked by sectarian divisions, endemic poverty and the al-Qaida offshoot posing the greatest threat to the American homeland.