- Soft-spoken Teddy Bridgewater blossoms for Vikings Updated: Aug-28-15 12:09 am
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - An easy smile, slender build and soft, self-effacing voice. They seem to bely Teddy Bridgewater's status with the Minnesota Vikings.
- Company in Vikings stadium fatality had 9 safety violations Updated: Aug-27-15 6:05 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The subcontractor involved in a fatal accident at the Minnesota Vikings stadium construction site has received nine citations for worksite safety violations in the past five years, according to public records.
- NFL, union still in dispute over Peterson suspension Updated: Aug-26-15 6:12 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Adrian Peterson was reinstated by the NFL in April. He rejoined the Minnesota Vikings in June. He even got a new contract in July, with the guaranteed money he was seeking.
- AP source: Cowboys' Scandrick out for year with knee injury Updated: Aug-26-15 12:42 am
Orlando Scandrick's season is over before it started after the Dallas cornerback tore two ligaments in his right knee in practice at training camp Tuesday.
- Vikings center Sullivan still out with back injury Updated: Aug-25-15 7:23 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Minnesota Vikings center John Sullivan has been dealing with a back injury for the past week. Coach Mike Zimmer says the team is "just being cautious with him."
- Carter apologizes for advising rookies to get a 'fall guy' Updated: Aug-24-15 11:00 pm
Hall of Fame receiver Cris Carter has issued an apology for telling NFL rookies at a league symposium in 2014 that they should "get a fall guy" to help them avoid trouble.
- Vikings kicker Blair Walsh struggling in preseason Updated: Aug-24-15 6:18 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - Blair Walsh finished getting dressed in front of his locker, slipped a cap on backward and took a deep breath before turning to the reporters gathered around him.
- Vikings release long snapper Cullen Loeffler after 12 years Updated: Aug-24-15 9:06 am
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have released long snapper Cullen Loeffler, the longest-tenured member of the team.
- Vikings rally after storm delay, top Raiders 20-12 Updated: Aug-23-15 1:12 am
- Vikings to buy Eagan site for possible HQ, training facility Updated: Aug-21-15 4:36 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - The Minnesota Vikings, already bound for a glitzy new stadium, said Friday they could have another move in store - to the former headquarters of Northwest Airlines in Eagan.
- NFL suspends 49ers WR Jerome Simpson for 6 games Updated: Aug-18-15 10:21 pm
SANTA CLARA, California - The NFL suspended San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Jerome Simpson on Tuesday without pay for the first six games of the season for violations of the league's substance-abuse policy - a penalty he hopes is his last after a rash of off-field issues have derailed his career.
- Vikings place Loadholt on IR with torn Achilles tendon Updated: Aug-18-15 6:00 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - The Vikings have placed right tackle Phil Loadholt on injured reserve, ending his season with a torn left Achilles tendon.
- Vikings' Phil Loadholt done for year with Achilles tear Updated: Aug-17-15 3:09 pm
EDEN PRAIRIE, Minnesota - When Phil Loadholt limped off the field in the first quarter on Saturday night, Minnesota Vikings fans started going through all the lists of available free agents and trades their team could make to fill the 6-foot-8, 345-pound hole at right tackle created by his injury.
- NFL, college win appeal of gun case involving off-duty cops Updated: Aug-17-15 1:14 pm
- Football's future? QBs training with virtual reality Updated: Aug-17-15 9:59 am
OXFORD, Mississippi - Mississippi quarterback Ryan Buchanan straps on a headset that covers his eyes, and instantly, he sees a scene that looks like a video game, all set from his perspective.
- Winston's slow preseason start doesn't worry Bucs Updated: Aug-16-15 8:20 pm
TAMPA, Florida - Jameis Winston's preseason debut didn't go as smoothly as he would have liked, however the Tampa Bay Buccaneers came away from the outing feeling good about the rookie's progress.
- Fox sees progress as Bears close training camp Updated: Aug-16-15 6:54 pm
BOURBONNAIS, Illinois - Coach John Fox saw plenty of progress from the Chicago Bears in training camp.
- Winston has wobbly debut; Vikes beat Bucs 26-16 Updated: Aug-16-15 12:45 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Jameis Winston produced mixed results at best in his first NFL action for Tampa Bay, and Teddy Bridgewater had Minnesota's passing attack in prime form to spark the Vikings in a 26-16 exhibition victory over the Buccaneers on Saturday night.
- Vikings lose Loadholt; Achilles tendon likely torn Updated: Aug-16-15 12:14 am
MINNEAPOLIS - Minnesota Vikings right tackle Phil Loadholt likely has a torn Achilles tendon on his left foot, an injury that could knock him out for the entire season.
- Irritated coach Zimmer cuts Vikings practice short Updated: Aug-13-15 6:48 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Adrian Peterson did not practice again on Thursday because of a bruised thigh.
- Vikings coach Mike Zimmer mourns loss of father, Bill Updated: Aug-12-15 9:01 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Minnesota Vikings coach Mike Zimmer has often spoke glowingly about his father, Bill, and the influence the beloved old football coach had on his son choosing to walk the same path.
- Vikings to train at MSU for at least 3 more years Updated: Aug-12-15 7:15 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - The Minnesota Vikings have reached agreement on a three-year contract extension with Minnesota State University for their training camp site.
- Peterson banged up, but teammate says it's not serious Updated: Aug-11-15 8:50 pm
MANKATO, Minnesota - Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson was banged up a bit in a practice Tuesday, but he's expected to be fine.
- Vikings top Steelers 14-3 in Hall of Fame game Updated: Aug-10-15 1:14 am
CANTON, Ohio - Teddy Bridgewater didn't want to talk about the completions. Last the Minnesota quarterback checked, getting the ball where it needs to go is the main part of his job.
- Tingelhoff joins teammate Tarkenton in Hall of Fame Updated: Aug-08-15 8:11 pm
CANTON, Ohio - Mick Tingelhoff spent most of his 17-year career snapping the ball to Fran Tarkenton.