- UK's anti-Europe party seeks gains in EU election Updated: Mar-01-14 11:38 am
- Moldovans granted visa-free travel across Europe Updated: Feb-27-14 11:10 am
- EU lawmakers back tougher anti-smoking rules Updated: Feb-26-14 11:35 am
- German court nixes 3 percent hurdle for EU vote Updated: Feb-26-14 6:38 am
- With vote to curb immigration, Swiss roil Europe Updated: Feb-10-14 5:23 pm
LONDON - Fruitcake-free and ready to roll: That was the message from the upstart United Kingdom Independence Party as it finished a two-day conference Saturday focused on winning more seats in the European Parliament.
BRUSSELS - The European Parliament on Thursday approved visa-free travel across most of Europe for citizens of Moldova, marking a victory for the former Soviet republic's pro-European government.
BRUSSELS - The European Parliament on Wednesday voted for tougher anti-smoking rules that will make health warnings on cigarette packs larger and include mandatory pictures of rotting teeth or cancer-infested lungs.
BERLIN - Germany's top court on Wednesday scrapped a requirement for parties to win at least 3 percent of the vote to get into the European Parliament, raising the likelihood that extremists could win seats in May's European election.
BRUSSELS - The choice by Swiss voters to impose new curbs on immigration is sending shockwaves through the European Union. The bloc's leaders warn it violates the "sacred principle" of freedom of movement and politicians worry about its impact on other anti-immigration pushes. Here's a look at the issue: