- Thompson ordered removed as judge Updated: May-22-15 9:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Lee County Justice Court Judge Rickey Thompson has been removed from office by the Mississippi Supreme Court.
- Court lets conviction stand in mother-in-law slaying Updated: May-22-15 4:44 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court declined Thursday to hear the appeal of a Byhalia man who argued he deserved a new trial because he received poor legal advice when he pleaded guilty to the 2002 slaying of his mother-in-law.
- Hinds judge loses fight over bar to public defender Updated: May-21-15 4:05 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court says Hinds County Circuit Judge Jeff Weill cannot bar an assistant public defender from his court.
- Attorneys seek mental hearing for Miss. death row inmate Updated: May-19-15 1:40 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Attorneys for a Mississippi death row inmate are asking the state Supreme Court to order a hearing on his mental health as a possible step toward overturning his conviction.
- Court says city can't stop re-renting of mobile home spaces Updated: May-18-15 4:52 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has ruled the city of Richland cannot stop a mobile home park from re-renting vacated spaces.
- Mississippi high court lets ruling stand Updated: May-15-15 4:34 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court let stand Thursday a lower court decision that a man who fell through a hole in a catwalk above the Amory High School stage can sue the school district after all.
- Man appeals conviction in 2009 fatal shooting Updated: May-13-15 4:46 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Supreme Court has scheduled oral arguments for May 27 in the appeal of a Moselle man convicted of manslaughter in in 2013 Forrest County.
- John Daly's fiancee seeks dismissal of ex-wife's lawsuit Updated: May-12-15 12:25 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Professional golfer John Daly's fiancee says his ex-wife shouldn't be allowed to sue her over accusations that she broke up their marriage.
- Mississippi high court validates MHSAA rule challenge Updated: May-09-15 12:17 pm
OLIVE BRANCH, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court says a high school athlete can challenge a decision that barred him from playing football for Olive Branch High School.