- Judge to look again at releasing Kemper records Updated: Apr-11-14 5:31 pm
- Miss. high court: Prisoner can get workers' comp Updated: Apr-04-14 1:16 pm
- AG seeks answers from high court on Byrom ruling Updated: Apr-01-14 6:10 pm
- High court won't set execution date for inmate Updated: Mar-31-14 7:28 pm
- Woman on Mississippi's death row gets new trial Updated: Mar-31-14 5:20 pm
- Miss. court denies extra compensation to ex-inmate Updated: Mar-24-14 11:23 am
- Lawyer: DNA used in murder conviction unreliable Updated: Mar-18-14 1:39 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A judge will sort out which records about Mississippi Power Co.'s Kemper County power plant should be released to a group that opposes the plant.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A former utility worker who lost his hands when he was shocked by power lines can receive workers' compensation, even though officials argued he tried to hurt himself to avoid a homicide investigation, the Mississippi Supreme Court has ruled.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Attorney General Jim Hood is asking the Mississippi Supreme Court to explain why it threw out the conviction of a death row inmate in the slaying of her husband.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court says it will not set an execution date for death row inmate Charles Ray Crawford until it rules on Crawford's pending appeal in a separate rape case.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A death row inmate who prosecutors say recruited her son in a plot to kill her husband will get a new trial, the Mississippi Supreme Court ruled Monday.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi's program that provides compensation to inmates wrongfully convicted of crimes covers only time behind bars not house arrest, a state court has ruled.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The lawyer for a man convicted of killing a woman in Tunica County nearly two decades ago argued Tuesday to the Mississippi Supreme Court that DNA evidence prosecutors used to link him to the crime is unreliable.