- Analysis: Legislator-lawyers get scheduling leeway Updated: Mar-09-14 6:05 pm
- Miss. high court schedule arguments in cold case Updated: Mar-08-14 10:17 am
- Lawyers seek dismissal in stillborn-death case Updated: Mar-02-14 11:29 am
- Byrom wants hearing on new evidence Updated: Feb-25-14 11:01 am
- US high court declines to hear death row appeal Updated: Feb-24-14 3:44 pm
- Miss. high court to hear 2 school lawsuit appeals Updated: Feb-22-14 11:10 am
- Miss. high court to review robbery case Updated: Feb-21-14 4:05 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi law helps out lawyers who serve in the Legislature and their clients when it comes to court cases that arise while the state House of Representatives and Senate are in session.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Lawyers for a man convicted in the killing of a woman in Tunica County nearly two decades ago will argue his innocence on March 18 before the Mississippi Supreme Court.
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi woman who gave birth to a stillborn child at age 16 is challenging a "depraved heart murder" charge that was filed against her by prosecutors who said her cocaine use killed the baby.
JACKSON, Mississippi - Death row inmate Michelle Byrom argues in new documents filed with the Mississippi Supreme Court that she has new evidence that her son killed her husband and never hired sought to hitman as he told prosecutors.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The U.S. Supreme Court will not hear an appeal from a Mississippi death row inmate who argued there was a constitutional error in his capital murder trial for the killing of a junior college student.
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court has agreed to hear an appeal from Lynn Wright, who is appealing a ruling that he was justly fired from his position at New Hope High School principal in 2010.
JACKSON, Mississippi - The Mississippi Supreme Court on Thursday ordered a new trial for Walter Tard.